Props Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun Scratchbuild - Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Forge

Hello everyone, its Sgt Forge. About a week or so ago I started a scratch build of an M45 Tactical Shotgun. I was inspired to build a weapon to bring to my regular convention I've been going to every year, and I searched the forum for ideas. I then found, in the Elite Forum, a build of a wooden M45. Now I was like, "Yeah! I can totally do that!" Then I realized. I'm poor. LOL! So Instead I printed Juliet76's M45 Blueprints at life size:
M45ModelGIF.gif

Then, by measuring and tracing I began to build small parts of it. I figured I had enough done to show all of you here.
m45_wip_1_by_izaak94-d4rea6y.jpg

m45_wip_3_by_izaak94-d4rebmq.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

--FINISHED PROP--

Here are the pictures of it finished on 5/13/2012, if you want to see the building process, then please continue through the thread.

m45_shotgun_overview_1_by_izaak94-d4zqg3d.jpg

m45_shotgun_overview_2_by_izaak94-d4zqgem.jpg

m45_shotgun_overview_3_by_izaak94-d4zqhyl.jpg

m45_shotgun_overview_4_by_izaak94-d4zqip2.jpg

m45_front_right_by_izaak94-d4zqj06.jpg

m45_front_left_by_izaak94-d4zqj8d.jpg

m45_back_right_by_izaak94-d4zqjgx.jpg

m45_back_left_by_izaak94-d4zqjom.jpg

Nice mate, with the lifesize blueprint horizontal and vertical scaling must be pretty easy but how about depth? The front and back images look a little difficult to properly judge against, or are you using a 3d computer model as well?

Nice mate, with the lifesize blueprint horizontal and vertical scaling must be pretty easy but how about depth? The front and back images look a little difficult to properly judge against, or are you using a 3d computer model as well?
I am using my Action Figure scale toy shotgun, as well as what can get from the top and bottom diagrams to make measurements. Also Im guessing at random a basic width and editing things off of that.

Any way you could use a few little wooden dowels and some rubber bands or whatnot and make a functional pump and door. Maybe even eject a prop shell,

just wondering, where did you get the giant printed out picture for the shotgun? i know its some sheets taped together but i want to know where you got it?

any progress on this bro?

I just got back on from a two day power outage here. There's been a bit of progress, but because of a lack of hot-glue gun, there's not much to show. I will work on it today, tomorrow, and Tuesday though, because I have those days off of school.

Any way you could use a few little wooden dowels and some rubber bands or whatnot and make a functional pump and door. Maybe even eject a prop shell,

I plan to use dowels or something of the sort and springs to make a working pump, but I dont see making a working ejector. Would be cool though. . .hmmmmm Maybe I might try to make one.

Okay, you asked for update status, so here's an update!

I have some work on the stock. The butt piece was the most fun ever! (sarcasm, LOTS and LOTS of sarcasm)

PICTURE TIME :D :
m45_wip_4_by_izaak94-d4rv1cm.jpg

m45_wip_5_by_izaak94-d4rv1ej.jpg

m45_wip_6_by_izaak94-d4rv1ir.jpg

SO hope you all like it, and stick around to see the next update.

wow pretty awesome man =D great job

Thanks! I went and checked out your MA37 you are working on. That seems to be going pretty good too.

WELL EVERYBODY, UPDATE TIME:
I got a lot done over last night and today, I feel real proud of myself. Hoep you all like it!

m45_wip_7_by_izaak94-d4rxex6.png

Yeah, so here's a comparison of my build WIP and the lifesize reference I made

m45_wip_8_by_izaak94-d4rxgpo.jpg

m45_wip_9_by_izaak94-d4rxh4k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back