Props Metalworking(Assassin's Creed III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Hey 405th! It's been a while since I posted anything and I want to start off by saying I'm happy to be posting again. But! That's not why Im here. I really need advice/ how to for metal working. More specifically the tomahawk from Assassin's Creed 3. I'm posting from an iPod, so I can't post a pic but I'm guessing most people in this thread have seen it. Anyway, I really need advice on how to shape the metal into that shape. I'll be sure to post a pic of it when I can use my computer and have, is it photo booth or bucket we need? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!! :D

Hey 405th! It's been a while since I posted anything and I want to start off by saying I'm happy to be posting again. But! That's not why Im here. I really need advice/ how to for metal working. More specifically the tomahawk from Assassin's Creed 3. I'm posting from an iPod, so I can't post a pic but I'm guessing most people in this thread have seen it. Anyway, I really need advice on how to shape the metal into that shape. I'll be sure to post a pic of it when I can use my computer and have, is it photo booth or bucket we need? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!! :D
easiest way to shape any metal into a shape used for a weapon especially a flat weapon such as a tomahawk is to get plate steel and cut the shape out then use oxide grinders to put the edge on.

Yeah, I was going to use sheet metal but the metal forms a ring around the handle to keep it secure and I wanted it perfectly accurate. Im probably going to end up using it and finding someway around that...

EDIZt: found the sheet metal! And at a really good price.

Saw the trailer! looks awesome, but it doesn't have any buildings to climb :( just trees. Here's an image:
7969c2829b4657f8c173d089ac95a45ac995c9cf.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg
(looks awesome too)
You might want to get some pretty thick metal though....not just sheet metal.

I found a site that sells carbon steel plates of all thicknesses for pretty cheap so if it doesn't work it won't be a huge drawback. I'm thinking a half inch? Also what site do you use to post pictures? This is probably gonna turn into my WIP for this whole thing...

I use photobucket to post pictures, although you can use any url, just like the above picture.
And yeah, probably something like 1/2 inch.

Thanks! I can upload pictures now. Alright, before I order online I'm gonna check at home depot. Oh! Also, what thickness of leather should I use for the bracers? I'm having trouble with that too.

I would probably go with 1/4 of an inch or thinner. Doesn't seem to be too thick at all. I was browsing around and stumbled upon one that was actually built already (not made of metal mind you). Hope it helps you!

Yeah, thanks man, that will help a lot! I really want to know how she made that blade! There's. No way I will have means to do something like that though -_- the handle images will still help ALOT.
And for the leather I think I will need several different thicknesses...and a place to buy leather...

I'm actually pretty crazy about AC III, because I was coming up with concepts for different time periods that AC could do after AC I, and my first few thoughts were ancient Rome and a Greece, and then I thought they could be creative and do an American Revolution type of game, since adding muskts would be a cool twist, and all my friends were saying how stupid that would be.... and then I saw this trailer. Seriously I feel cheated :p

I never thought about eBay for the leather! Thanks for all the help everyone :D once I get this going faster(and once the tomahawk is done) i'll post more pics of everything.
Update! So I now know where to get metal/leather and how to shape it. But I lack the right tools at this current moment -_- I should be able to get a hold of some diamond cutting wheels and a drill by next week. Also! My game informer with the Connor pics came today! Now I'll have a source of reference pics anywhere. However, I'm having trouble finding an accurate fabric that's comfortable. Well that's it and I'll post pics of whatever progress I make.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out a handle if anyone has suggestions.

I don't know... The only option you have would be to cut out the shape of the handle in wood, then sand the edges round.

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do. My only problem now is attaching the blade of the thing to the handle.

couldn't you sculpt it out of clay, then make a mold so you could pour melted metal into it and pop it out as a cast? :/

Both good ideas, but 1. I'm really bad at clay sculpting :p and 2. I don't have the means or money to melt down metal, or even mold/casting materials. I'm just gonna use 3/8" plate steel cause I kinda want to be able to use this for hunting along with a bow and arrow(which I have yet to aquier after ridding myself of my old one) so my only problems now are making an accurate handle and attatching the blade. Also I can't find a real OR fake feather that I could even cut to size and its driving me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back