Props Metalworking(Assassin's Creed III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely fantastic. I love assassin's creed and for awhile i thought i was the only one thoroughly excited for AC: III. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for your support guys :D But I have unfortunate news: I had everything planned out, everything is sort of "blue-printed" and ive had good luck finding materials at decent prices AND i have the tools to do it...BUT at the end of march, i thought i would be moving (we had a place picked out and were ready to move and everything) but the actual owner of the house never called us back, so we didnt end up getting the house and renegotiating our lease. The problem there is that the house had a HUGE garage with a REALLY nice workbench already built in so I have nowhere to do this now :( I am determined to find SOMEWHERE to do it though...

I'm glad other people want to build the tomahawk. As an alternative, maybe you could make a pepakura tomahawk. Paper is easy to fold, and then resin outside. Few coats should make it sturdy enough for show/ costumes.

And I already released a file of the tomahawk so you don't have to go looking/ find one to make, I made it already.

Hope you are able to finish this in one form or another.

Aye man first off im hoping you track down somewere to make this. But from the pictures ive gotta say that it looks like the blade itself goes through a metal cap and
The handle. So youd have a cap and the blade as seperate pieces not together. This raises more problems but hopefully youll work around it

Hey, thanks man. I might just say screw it pretty soon and work on my back porch. I finally got everything in my life on track, so I'll have time and resources to do this kinda thing again. I'm even considering some iron man related projects.

I myself would love to build one, so mch so im looking into axe and tomohawk handle construction and i have a few reference pics on my phone. But ive got my mc suit to finish first

If you are looking to get this as realistic as possible its gonna require seriously thick sheets of steel and hours of grinding it may be easier to forge it from a block of steel. like old school hammer and anvil type forging. a simple forge can be made from a hairdryer and an old barbeque grill

Last edited by a moderator:
well...This usually isnt a road i like to travel, but seeing as I dont have a place to work; http://www.amazon.com/17-5-Assassin...84&sr=8-1&keywords=assassins+creed+3+tomahawk YOU CAN BUY ONE FOR $25 NOW!!! No, im not as excited as i would have been if i had made it, but it's definitely going to hold up a lot better (especially since I had very little experience with metal) but yeah, I reccomend you buy one, it's super nice, the blade is real steel, youre getting more than what youre paying for, I have one myself already and yes I do plan to purchase hidden blades in the future. It's a very nice product, licensed by Ubisoft and comes in a package themed around the American Flag and Assassins creed theme, If you guys want, I will post pics of mine and the packaging, so lemme know. BTW, shipping to Southern California took two days, I actually ordered this on monday, so very worth it.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad. At least you didn't sink a 100 hours into building it and then have it pop up on Amazon for a 25 bucks!

Redshirt

That's exactly what I thought, I had everything down to building it, but I had no place to build it. And that's true, I am mad cause I bought it for $50 on mOnday and it's half the price now! Oh well:/ all in all a good find for me and anyone else without metalworking resources, it's a reliable real piece of steel sold by a sword company with a sharp edge with potential for use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back