Halo 4 Battle Rifle, can you guys use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just finished this. It's a sub'd model created in 3ds max, just need to finish afew parts, but what formats do you use for a CNC machine?

It is too highpoly to be unfolded until I make the the lowpoly.

h4_br_prog6.jpg

h4_br_prog7.jpg

h4_br_prog8.jpg

h4_br_prog9.jpg

h4_br_prog10.jpg

.STL is usually the most accepted format. You can get .STL by running the model through Blender pretty easily; I use it myself for my own CNC machine and I've never had problems.

Will a low-definition model be released at some point? I'd love to have a look.

Martyn Lee Ball....just...just....omg.

I am in tears right now!

The amount of detail in that model is down right phenomenal!

.STL is usually the most accepted format. You can get .STL by running the model through Blender pretty easily; I use it myself for my own CNC machine and I've never had problems.

Will a low-definition model be released at some point? I'd love to have a look.

I will be making a lowpoly version yes, and that could be unfolded as well so people without a CNC machine can create their props.

Martyn Lee Ball....just...just....omg.

I am in tears right now!

The amount of detail in that model is down right phenomenal!

I actually use 3ds and obj formats for my cnc machine

Okay cool, is that WITH TurboSmooth off? Or do I keep that on, it will be in the millions of triangles though. Also, as you can see there is floating geometry which is fine for the purpose that I want the model for, but do CNC machines work well with it?

Holy poop!!! That is one gorgeous weapon my friend, Many Kudos to you!!!! :D
I have always loved your weapons but this is just WOW!!!

I've never had trouble with floating faces in the cnc machine. That would only really come in to play in a 3d printer

Ah okay thats good, as the CNC machines you guys use basically cut the depth from a model into a material don't they? So just from the top :p The holes could always be reworked with hand tools anyways :p

Ah okay thats good, as the CNC machines you guys use basically cut the depth from a model into a material don't they? So just from the top :p The holes could always be reworked with hand tools anyways :p

correct, using a 3 axis or 5 axis cnc cuts into a material from the outside, so floating faces don't matter to much. When 3d printing you are using an actual thickness, so you would need solid works to build the thickness of the model faces into "walls" and the floating faces would need to be attached or they would "print" separate. I'm actually really excited to try one of your models on my cnc, I haven't actually done anything this detailed on it yet, so it should be quite the experience

I can't wait, id love to see it :p
I just need to make afew changes and add afew parts and then the final download link will be up :D

hey,
first of all this is great.

I have a few questions:
Is it full size?
Would you be able to put the download link up so I can print it with the schools 3D printer?
And to do that I would need to edit it but cutting it into segments and adding small changes like changing the inside, so would you give me permission to to so?

Full size? I don't know how you scale them correctly for the CNC machine. You can easily rescale it though by a click of a button.

And I will put a download link up when I get it finished 100%. Need to rework afew parts, technical reasons not visual. And yeah, as long as I get credit for the original model you can make changes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back