Props Spartan Laser Metal & Fiberglass Airsoft Prop (Fully Functioning Electronic Replica)

Status
Not open for further replies.
beautiful.
so when are you going to make another? ;)

Thanks! Early on I considered casting it in either fiberglass or resin. It's just so complex compared to a static prop that I don't it would be cost-effective to reproduce. Right now, I'm more into exploring airsoft conversions of some of the greats' works like Brandon McClain, Tactonyx, Justinian, etc.

You have a great talent for crafting, it was amazing and inspiring to watch you go through what you did to make it, and honestly it was a great gift to share your experience with all of us here on this forum :)

I haven't kept up as much as I had liked, but seeing your end result, you must be one proud prop maker, becuase that honestly is a work of art.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Seth

Thank you. Yes, I am happy with the result. I will just stopp and look at it because it is just so odd seeing it not in primer or bare metal. Admittedly, it looked cool in bare metal, but not right.

Why is this not elite yet????

Thank you for the high compliment.

I haven't been on 405th for a number of months now. Feeling a little bit guilty that I haven't got back into my H4MC build yet.

I did however receive your PM Redshirt and had to instantly come check out your progress. As always, I was not disappointed!!
Man, that thing looks and acts simply: Boss mode. The time taken, effort, blood, sweat and tears to make this is simply astonishing! The fact it's a fully functioning custom airsoft marker is a feat in itself!
If 405th had something similar to Reddit gold, I'd have given it to you already!

I applaud you and will simply repeat what Retralpha has said and I'm sure others will in future: WHERE IS THE ELITE STATUS?! :cool

Thank you. I have indeed shed more blood than I wanted to give for this project. I do carry a lifelong scar from attempting to gas weld my hand while making the receiver.

Hey Red, 'grats on the great job. I've been following this since the start (just like everyone else) and stand thoroughly impressed. This thing is a triumph and deserves elite status or something. Great job.

Thank you. I appreciate the sentiment. From tip to tail I'm thrilled with how it came out. About the only thing I'm disappointed in is the weight. I'm about 4 pounds over what I expected it to weigh.

All i can say it WOW! Red, supurb job my friend. Im happy i was here from the beginning pretty much watching this to completion. I kid you not that thing looks like it was pulled out of the game man. Thanks for sharing, and i cant wait to see what is to come from you :)

You've made about the most posts and been around since very early. I appreciate the cheers and advice.

Your bound to get a lot of attention, I have not been on this post for a long time, glad you got it finished good luck with the magnums

Thanks. I think people would froth at a good, reliable airsoft Magnum. Unlike my Spartan Laser, a good magnum conversion would not be too hard to repeat.

So freaking sweet! Now can you make me one :p

Ha! Thank you! After this, I can account for every penny Harrison at Volpin HAS TO charge customers for his commissions. Though I probably would not do a Spartan Laser again, I'm not averse to doing another multi-gearbox airsoft build. Two sniper gearboxes for a binary rifle?

Thanks again everyone.

Redshirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I probably would not do a Spartan Laser again, I'm not averse to doing another multi-gearbox airsoft build. Two sniper gearboxes for a binary rifle?Redshirt

Now that would be on heck of a challenge ! You are fully capable of doing it as you already demonstrated ! A BIG congratz for your technical and artistic achievement !

You've made about the most posts and been around since very early. I appreciate the cheers and advice.Redshirt

Anytime man. I will continue to do my best to support and comment and whatnot :)
Keep up the great work :)

This is just awesome. I hope I run in to you some day to see this in person, though hopefully not on an airsoft field because I dont want to be lit up haha.

well now I think it's time to pull this bad boy out.

now just hear the boy out.

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been a lot of decent projects lately, but this one has been going on for over two years, and has consistently had updates that have blown everything away. Now that it's complete, and the Spaser functions, I feel comfortable moving this.

ELITE!!

Absolutely awesome Red! Congrats on the move to the big house, you deserve it! :D

Now that would be on heck of a challenge ! You are fully capable of doing it as you already demonstrated ! A BIG congratz for your technical and artistic achievement !

Thank you! That gun would be a challenge. I do prefer the human weapons, though a carbine or needler doing the glow BB's would rock.

Anytime man. I will continue to do my best to support and comment and whatnot :)
Keep up the great work :)

Thanks as always Magic!

This is just awesome. I hope I run in to you some day to see this in person, though hopefully not on an airsoft field because I dont want to be lit up haha.

Thank you. I'm new to the CON scene, but am looking hard at DCON.

well now I think it's time to pull this bad boy out.

now just hear the boy out.

Thanks. You have also been with the thread for a long time. I appreciate the following.

There have been a lot of decent projects lately, but this one has been going on for over two years, and has consistently had updates that have blown everything away. Now that it's complete, and the Spaser functions, I feel comfortable moving this.

ELITE!!

Carpathia,
I'm very honored. I've enjoyed sharing with this community. This project wouldn't be complete without being pushed and encouraged by the members through busted molds, split welds, stripped servos and the like. Thank you.

Congratulations on the elite status. I believe it is well deserved

Thank you Crimmson!

Congrats on Elite status!!! Very well deserved!

Thank you! Your words mean a lot as your own work is simply outstanding. I hope to return the congrats!

Truly amazing!
That is one menacing weapon you got there :)
Congrats on Elite. Very very very well deserved.

I was kind of going for 'menacing' I can always melee with it if it fails. Thank you!

you're (EVAkura) next.

Quite so!

Absolutely awesome Red! Congrats on the move to the big house, you deserve it! :D

Thanks Vshore! Your armor and Carpathia's top the list of H3 suits I'd like to see this Splaser posed with!

Very amazing work! Well deserved!
Show of hand for me!

Thank you!

Wow, just a huge week. This made it out to Halo Reddit this week and got tweeted by BS Angel at Halo Waypoint. Thanks everyone. I've answered the requests and shot some daytime video in HD and will get it together in a couple of days. I'd like to do the night work in HD as well, but that's asking a lot from my Droid.

Redshirt

You've also been linked from the Certain Affinity Facebook page.

Thanks! I think I'm either 7 minutes or 13 minutes into my 15 minutes of Halo fame. I'd certainly never gain notice for my Halo skills, hence the Redshirt98 gamer tag.

Congrats on the Elite status keep up the amazing work

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll run a couple of small projects for a while as I get my old car the attention it needs.

Redshirt

Thanks! I think I'm either 7 minutes or 13 minutes into my 15 minutes of Halo fame. I'd certainly never gain notice for my Halo skills, hence the Redshirt98 gamer tag.

oh I don't know about that. I think you have been riding it for a while. promoted to infantryman by Adam himself. nice

#2 Adam 04-20-2009, 04:22 PM

Join DateApr 2006LocationAustin, TexasPosts4,696
Two posts in and has a full suit. yeah, definately a noob.

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!! Upgraded off noob status.

oh I don't know about that. I think you have been riding it for a while. promoted to infantryman by Adam himself. nice

#2 Adam 04-20-2009, 04:22 PM

Join DateApr 2006LocationAustin, TexasPosts4,696
Two posts in and has a full suit. yeah, definately a noob.

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!! Upgraded off noob status.

Ha! That is very true. That was a huge boost. I built that whole costume while deployed. I could get to the 405th on the internet there, but the Air Force blocked all images and I couldn't upload either.

In the wake of the first major site software migration, my account got reset to noob again, couldn't get restored, and had to re-earn Infantryman and complete the first six months of the SPLASER build in the noob forum. Carpathia pulled this up to Weapons and Props in August of 2012. The rest is history. Thanks!

Redshirt

well like a said before you walked one thousand miles and now it's time to walk one thousand more because there's only one way to go from here and that is up, and that's what make's the 405th the best group in the world hater's aren't welcome.

The final outcome of that spartan laser is freakin B.A! :D I love it! I've never been big on using it in game as I mostly suck with it (lol), but having it as a prop is another thing cause it's big and awesome. However, I wouldn't mind a grav hammer prop because that is big too. :p haha

Awesome job on that. I would love that for myself. ;) hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back