CEREAL'S - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP **(With Videos)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before but your attention to detail even into the locks is amazing my friend, Bravo! :D

Well, I decided to do the locks.... because the're there! Being that my goal is to be as close to game accurate as possible, they were a must! However, the back piece of the torso is really going to suck! lol

Wow man, this is blowing me away! I love your work. Great job with the lock part
Chest plate is coming along great.:D

Thanks guys!

This is a most wonderful build you have cooking here. Your process and skill with the materials is great. Thank you for sharing your work and how you are able to achieve such results. This is very inspirational for the community.

As I've said in previous posts, the reason that I go to the lengths that I do, as far as showing the process, is to help out those in need! If not for the great threads on this forum... where would I be??? It's just my turn to "give back what I got"!.

I've been watchin this for awhile and one thing keeps coming to my mind when i see this stuff

"I would have used foamies there....oh...thats why hes doing so much better."
WONDERFUL job dude, far superior to anything i've seen ever

Absolutely true, yes I could have used foam, styrene or some other material to raise pannels, add detail. But for me, it just looks more final when it's build directly on the piece. I find that more often than not, it ends up looking like something that has been "added on" rather than something that was a part of a whole.

... if that makes any sense :)

You are very creative! I would have never thought playing cards would be so useful!
Keep up the god work, and thank you for sharing this to the world :)
(lol I meant to type "keep up the GOOD work" but I think I don't need to correct that typo ;) )

Thanks Flying Spartan!
As I said above, I'm more than happy to share. It's why I'm doing the thread! :)
Fantastic that you learned something from my build, just lets me know that the layout idea was a good one! :)

Spanktastic work as usual my friend. Are those lighting vents I see there?

Light vents... nope. Nothing to do with lighting has been added/removed as of yet. Still a bit far off for that. However, as far as the lighting goes, I will be following the lighting scheme as per "game accurate". No more... no less.

As usual, this continues to look awesome Cereal. The contrast is looking great between the smooth pec and more angular locks!

And a big congrats on the well deserved elite status! :D

Sorry Cereal, I've been MIA for a while now. BUt, I wanted to tell you Awesome work on the Helmet & CHest piece. & even more awesomer <-is this a word, that you made it into the Elite section. Well, you deserve it my friend because the level of quality on your stuff is absolutely fantastic. Great job!

Tony

As usual, this continues to look awesome Cereal. The contrast is looking great between the smooth pec and more angular locks!

And a big congrats on the well deserved elite status! :D

Thanks Lil!
Just had to be done! I guess it's the Mike Holmes in me... "If you're gonna build it.... Build it right!" :)
wow, that was kinda lame. lol
Now... to you're build; Freakin' awsome-tastic!!! You've got me so excited to build my undersuit! I'm quite terrified as I have never sewn before, but thanks to you the seed is planted!
Elegant work girly girl!

Sorry Cereal, I've been MIA for a while now. BUt, I wanted to tell you Awesome work on the Helmet & CHest piece. & even more awesomer <-is this a word, that you made it into the Elite section. Well, you deserve it my friend because the level of quality on your stuff is absolutely fantastic. Great job!

Tony

Haha, Thanks a lot Tony!
Feels great to have completed a piece, but very excited to keep it going!

Dave.

Your chest piece is gorgeous! I think this is Elite Showcase material; you have got some talent. Detailing is definatley your strong suit friend.

Your chest piece is gorgeous! I think this is Elite Showcase material; you have got some talent. Detailing is definatley your strong suit friend.

Thanks, happy to hear you like it!
The detail work is where the fun is, where you get to put your personal touch on what you build.

Hey everyone,
Well, Im currently in the process of making vodeo installment number 4. It will cover the right side of the front chest plate which will include mirroring the work that has already been done on the left side. There will also be some bonuses, such as battle damage to the right pectoral.

Hope everyone has been enjoying the videos, as this one will be ready sometime later this week.

Till then,
Take care all, keep building!
Dave/Cerel.

Update!.. With some pictures.

Nothing to special tonight, this evening I was in the backyard with the kids and found that I really liked the lighting that was out. So, figured I would take advantage of it as I had yet to take and decent outdoor pictures of the helmet.

Thought that I'd share!

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

Well, that's about it for now. Hope you liked!
Anyways, Video Episode #4 should be out in the next couple of days where I'll be finishing the right side of the front chest. It will be covering a lot of different techniques and bonus things like battle damage (for those who are interested)

Till then,
Dave/Cereal.

Last edited by a moderator:
@drack

Lol

@cereal

Lighting was good indeed :)
And I'm very interested in what the video will have :)

This video describes my thoughts

Show off! :p

LOL, :p

drack
Lighting was good indeed :)
And I'm very interested in what the video will have :)

I'm just getting the update ready now, video is on it's way! :)

Well color me impressed. That is an amazing helmet!

Thank you!
Glad you like it.

This video describes my thoughts

Haha!
I love that cat!
Thanks man.

that is an amazing helmet sir i am very impressed with how it turned out =D just awesome

Thank you kindly Road Kill!

soo, gonna make casts of that beautiful helmet of yours?

I have been toying back and forth with the idea, and I believe that I will be casting it in the near future. :)

VIDEO UPDATE!

As promised, here is video Episode #4

In this episode we begin the work on the right side of the chest plate. Enjoy!

Making Master Chief: Episode 04 - Smoothing And Shaping Your Pep Work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcotY9s5Zjw&feature=relmfu

I hope that everyone is finding the videos to be helpful, I hope that they are providing some good information and ideas. But most of all, I hope that people are enjoying them!! If there is anything that you would like to see covered, please let me know and I will do my very best to cover it in up-coming videos!

As usual, questions/comment.... always welcome!

Till next time,
Dave/Cereal

It has been brought to my attention that iPad users cannot view the embedded video... (believe it or not, I should have realized this!) So I have placed links above each video and hence forth, every video that follows as to cover all bases!

Sorry for the inconvenience! :D

Dave/Cereal

Thank you dude. Started watching the new update now and has made me wish these videos were available when I had started my ironman suit but as you know I mastered foam instead. If I do decide to pep an item at any point I now know the best way to do it. These should be compiled and stickied.

Haha!
It's funny that you say that Tom, as I am thinking about creating a thread in the "Armor Related Video's" section, where I will put all my videos in one neat place!

Great minds do think alike! ;)

Will watch the others once I finish with today's. Glad I don't have to search through this thread now cause I was before trying to work out where they all were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back