N7:Armour Templates/Patterns & Prop Codex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narayas

Narayas_armory_header_julianbeek_nl.jpg

Is your home world being invaded by Reapers? Has Sovereign husked up your friends?
Join the Systems Alliance Military today, and take Earth back! Due to the War effort on Earth,
new recruits are required to self assemble their gear. Download your templates from the extranet here.

--Narayas

Narayas_armory_julianbeek_nl.jpg

I love the Codex file. just Awesome. In all honesty, I was giggling. I like how you made it personalized for each person. And this is just what I needed to start my ME costume.

Edit: I was at your blog, and I may just be a fool, but I can only find four templates, are the other ones going to be released soon, or am I just missing something?

Glad to hear you like it! My goal was to make it easy and accessible to everyone. I hope that with the Codex that goal will be touched.
More templates will be released this week. Make sure you send me a link once you've started building!

I have one problem. I don't have photoshop, dude.

Is there any way I can still get my sizes without photoshop? I would greatly appreciate the help :).

Creating PDFs with 1 layer per page would probably be ideal. Requiring Photoshop is really going to limit who can use these excellent templates.

Also, 4shared looks like it is going registration required. :(

Well, The minute I saw these templates I started work immediately, And at the end of my day this is what I ended up with. Not my best foam work, But something new for me.

IMG_0649.jpg

I made my own templates for somethings, I just wanted to make it easier for my self, But great templates!

More detail will be added tomorrow.

I have one problem. I don't have photoshop, dude.

Is there any way I can still get my sizes without photoshop? I would greatly appreciate the help :).
I have thought about eliminating the use of photoshop, before you would require Illustrator and Indesign to scale and break apart the templates. My initial plan was to create conform pre-sized templates in PDF format. But the problem is that height and width cannot be fixed to a curtain ratio, since every body has dimensions. And it would create chunky or tight parts depending on your bodies measurements, so it would serve an even selector few.

My next idea was for people to scale the templates themselves, making a perfect fit everytime. My take on this was that the audience on this forum generally has a copy of Photoshop installed. I have given it some thought as how to offer the templates in different formats, but it just wouldn't work aswell as with Photoshop.

Creating PDFs with 1 layer per page would probably be ideal. Requiring Photoshop is really going to limit who can use these excellent templates.

Also, 4shared looks like it is going registration required. :(
I like the way your thinking, but many of the parts exceed the conventional printer sizes; A4 & Letter. You wouldn't be able to scale it accurately. And if the PDF page would be bigger, you would still lose a curtain percentage of template lines, because printers can't ink the entire sheet.

I'll give it some more thought in ways to streamline the process, all in all I think that at the moment this the best solution. For now, these are the rules you have to play by in order to get the templates. :cool

Photoshop has a free trial here. I don't know if any options are disabled, but you can check it out and see if it works for printing the templates.

Thank you so much for the templates. They look great and I can only imagine how much work went into this. I'm planning to work on a set of N7 armour when school is over and I have more free time, this is going to save me alot of time. Thanks!

Also, when you said to link our build, did you want us to post a link here or shoot you a PM?

Wonderful wonderful job on the templates my friend! I will definitely be using some of these!

Also to anyone who is complaining about the photoshop thing, as terrible as it is, you can always use gimp like marshon does

And quick question narayas.. any chance we could get some omni tool templates??

Omni-tool

Omni-tool templates would be very awesome indeed, but for now there not on my to do list. But to rabble a bit on about how they would come to be.. you'd probably need plexi-glass, need a heater-wire.. and a lot of flat LED strips. Also some knowledge about electrical circuits would be handy. The design shouldn't be able to damage the suit, should be easily attached and removed again.
Other option would be EVA foam, get yellowish tiles, cut out details and relief. Maybe add lights into the foam. Drawback would be, that it would obscure your carefully crafted gauntlet. And would just not be as realistic as an translucent omni-tool.

3be22098.jpg

God loves torrents! And photoshop is easy to find out there...

This looks awesome. I will try some pieces out soon to see how scailing works. I didn't have enough time this morning to look into this into detail, but I noticed that every piece is its own layer, which should make it easier for scaling and printing on separate sheets.

Let me know when you have the back piece out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back