[Release]Halo 4 Battle Rifle (For CNC Machines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you can't unfold this version, i'm doing a version you can unfold later. Guys with CNC machines though should be able to work with this. It's a highres mesh so it's a large file, saved as an obj.

If another file type is preferred then please let me know and I will export it.

Download Here! (OBJ)(STL)

h4_br_prog7.jpg

h4_br_prog8.jpg

h4_br_prog9.jpg

h4_br_prog10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some insane work Martyn!! I'm anxious to see what the pep-friendly version will look like. You do it yet again buddy!!

-Matt

Thank you for releasing the file. By the way you did outstanding job designing the Halo Four battle rifle. Do you plan on making another weapon or maybe even a helmet?

Off topic,but how did you learn have to 3D model like that?

Thank you for your time.

Thanks guys, and MikelCaboose, I tried to make it clear so no one gets the wrong idea, but this isn't a pep friendly version. I doubt it will be possible lol.

And I will probably end up making more Halo 4 weapons/vehicles ect Dutch. I should really do some armour, not done any before. And I have been using 3ds max for about 6 years now if not more, started small and lowpoly.

Already mapping this out for the cnc. I have to say the way you modeled this piece, I've only had to regroup a small amount of polys to make it work in a 3 axis mill. Very impressed sir.

i just put this into 3d cut...the program i have for the cnc machine i am building....didnt have to adjust anything....awesome model sir! now to get machine built....LOL

Not sure if you want to take a look at this thread, thought the model looked a lot like yours, not sure if they are taking credit for yours or not, just thought you might like to take a peek: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...Service-Rifle-(BR85HB-SR)?p=598844#post598844

I have had a good look at it and that is his own, not mine. But thanks for the concern. I have had people do that before, but rather they just used my own renders and posted them somewhere I didn't visit lol.

And i'm looking forward to seeing this cut with a CNC machine, I really need to get the pep version done, couldn't do it yesterday.

Funny, I was just moments away from emailing you to ask if you'd be send me the file so I could cut this out on my machine. Thanks so much for offering up the file. When/if I get kits put together, would you like me to send you one?

EDIT: Any chance you can export it as a .stl file?

Kit? You mean as a mould ect? I won't have any use for that as I don't have the facilities to use a mould such as materials and touching up tools.

Also, I have updated my first post with a STL file.

How much should it cost to get one of these cnc'd? I contacted a company about getting it cnc'd out of MDF board and they quoted me 3500-4000?! That seems ridiculous.

How much should it cost to get one of these cnc'd? I contacted a company about getting it cnc'd out of MDF board and they quoted me 3500-4000?! That seems ridiculous.

Not at all ridiculous. When I did the AR it worked out to be four and a half days of work to cut it all out. My own machine only cuts in three axes and is limited to about 1/16" resolution, so it's not quite up to handling the finer details on this model.

When you consider the fact that a professional company would be using sensitive specialized equipment, paying at least one skilled operator to run the machine, and they still have to turn a profit, that price sounds about right.

First off, this is a really good model. Lots of nice detail and little touches (love the bullets being in the clip bdw).
Would there be any chance you could release the model without the smoothing applied? My poor computer is having a hard time boolean-ing some of the parts.
I'd like to break it down so I can build it up in 3mm layers cut by a lazer cutter and still have a good bit of functional internal detail at the same time.

This just might be enough to get me back into this. I have a 4'x4' CNC, for something like this that 3500 figure is pretty accurate for mdf with a pro at the wheel. MDF wears tools out like you wouldn't believe. I keep a set of special "MDF" tools (worn old endmills) for rouging out the big stuff. That being said that 3500 would probably be smooth as a babies bottom. In the real world getting 80% there with CNC is good enough because believe it or not Humans are far faster at finishing the fine details.

Just a note if you guys do get pro CNC work done, do it in something better then MDF, material cost are small compared to labor and machine time. Urethane sign board is big $$$ but worth it if your already paying the $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back