3 axis CNC machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend a cheap CNC machine? I wouldn't mind one as soon as I get some money. I live in the UK btw :)

Cheers guys

Thats £1064, it does look pretty damn good though that one does. But suppose I could just build my own. More researching is required when I get money :(

Awesome, cheers guys. I might get hold of one so I can have a go at making my own wooden BR :p

And so I can create afew things I need so I can make an adapter which isn't available to buy i dont think.

There are much cheaper DIY CNC machines out there.

The two I know of off the top of my head:

Shapeoko - You can source/manufacture all the parts for this one yourself but kits seem to be available every couple months.

Zen Toolworks CNC - I have this one in a 7x12x4 format. It seems good but I have not been able to get it to actually work without skipping steps yet, still working on it. I think it is the software(EMC2) and electronics and I am currently working on replacing them.

I have the Carvewright I just got it today and will be running my BR this weekend. I ordered mine directly from carvewright.com

But as far as CNC or Kits This is the ultimate resource for DIY CNC. they sell kits that you supply the wood but they send everything else included the cad files to take them and have the pieces cut locally. http://www.buildyourcnc.com if you have the time and the inclination you can build a a professional level machine for about $800 with the Scratch kit and the electronics. Then you are probably looking another few hundred. for the software for build the tool paths and all that.

software is also one of the reasons I decided to start with theCarvewright first it has a very use friendly software and for about $199 you can get the STL importer.. It runs on mac and PC and can slice sculptures in to layers to be glued back together. Defiantly something consider if you don't have any experience with geode or CAM software.

Electronics $390

Scratch kit minus lumber and electronics but everything else $195

Software to run it $225

Router $189

total:$999 US

TADA!!!

https://www.inventables.com/technologies/cnc-mill-kits-shapeoko

Full_kit_shapeoko.jpg

Aye guy. I was under the belief that a cnc machine has a minimum of 3 axis this being x axis y axis and z axis. Also know as length width depth. I dont think ive ever seen a 2 axis machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back