Orbital Drop Shock Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

To celebrate my partial return, i decided to take my old ODST project and add a nice new twist to it. I just got back from PAX East and decided I am not gunna go through that convention with out something cool with me. I wanted something original, and after seeing someones very strange and somewhat sad looking kat armor (looked like someone took a dive in a lake wearing papertowels) i wanted armor a little bit original. I decided, whats more original then combining two of my favorite hobbies. HALO AND MY LITTLE PONY! So alas, my project of the first Orbital Drop Shock Pony: the MLP themed odst armor! Here is the basic diagram of the basic design:
lillll.jpg

the week after this week i will start finishing up the basic armor then when finalized the main hardening faze will focus on getting the paint and necessary supplies for the rest of this project, which probably wont be till summer time rolls around.

oh, and enjoy some awesomeness:
IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

What i have so far. helmet is in shed with a bad mold over it. will have to wait till summer before i can get in there, get the **** mold off, and fix up the detail before saving up for real molding supplies. also, forearms will need to be redone, and shin will need to be molded and cast along with helmet.
IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

sorry for blurriness \/
IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Looks great. I really like the idea and i was working on a custom concept of my own before i saw this. I will still drive on with my plan and start a thread of my own. I hope you dont think i am copying your plan.

nah man its cool. I just hate having to wait till next week, then the summer, to get any real work done.

note to self: silicon caulk "poor mans mold" is not the best choice for clay

the results of a bad mold left on my helmet:
IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

It's gonna be a long afternoon

its all clay and plastic. it was a base cast with clay added for detail.

oh, and morning update on my new forearms:
IMAG0006-1.jpg

IMAG0005-1.jpg

IMAG0004-1.jpg

recently hit 600 posts. only took 4 fricken years.

Anyways, have some updates! just finished the forearm (took a break for lunch):
File by Hugh Holder
MCPhoto_20120417_144235.png

MCPhoto_20120417_144241.png

MCPhoto_20120417_144251.png

MCPhoto_20120417_144324.png

the helmet is recoverable, but it is going to be tricky. the clay is fine, just the silicone caulk left residue merged with some claye, so when i try to pull some peices out, i pull more clay out then silicone.

thanks man. just finished a new hip plate (hughs version) and am going to start working on my second shin (again hugh'
s version, love his work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back