DragonCon 2012 Parade Signup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys know the drill! just sound off if youre marching with us. remember, a costume is definitely encouraged and preferred, but if you have some 405th gear you want to help rep us in you can wear that as well. also, right afterwards if everyones able, we can pick a spot around the parade ending area to take some group pictures.

if youre definitely going to the con, but arent 100% sure youre able or wanting to do the parade, go ahead and post and let me know youre interested. i really just need a general number of people marching to give to the dragoncon staff for our badges. and you dont need your actual dragoncon passes to march, just the parade ribbons youre signing up for here. if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

MEETING INFO:

Meeting Time: We start gathering at 8:30 AM. Depart from the Mariott at 9:00.

Meeting Place: At the Mariott hotel. Just inside their entrance in to their driveway.

Badges: Myself or one of the other veteran DCon members im in touch with will pick up everyones badges at one time, and then they will be distributed before we depart the Mariott.

If you miss the meet up at the Mariott, you will have to make your way to Woodruff Park (intersection of Peachtree Street and Auburn Avenue in downtown Atlanta). its the starting point for the parade. it should be easy to spot us, but if not there are tons of staff members floating around that can point you in the right way.

MARCHING

Goosebot 5000
momoss
Cadet
Cadet +1
gmstrowabarton
link4044
link4044 +1
lordzoabar
Sean Bradley
Jen Bradley
bleedoff
Calladar
Calladar +1
Calladar +2
Calladar +3
Airbornehunter
Blackblood
23Magnum
Hyperballistik
Blackula 727
Hydra
Hydra +1
kill kill kill
Bravo243
Bravo243 +1
fsracer
Justinian 117
Justinian 117 +1
hyundai2806
hyundai2806 +1

I'll be there! I'll be pre-registering this week. I'll be bringing my red and white Mark 6 armor again. If I somehow churn out another suit in between now and Dragoncon I'll update this post and probably march with that. For now though its my trusty Halo 3 Mark 6 representing for the reds!

I'll be there in Caboose, "Regulation Blue" Mark V. I should even have Blue Team flag with me this year.

If we can get my vac-forms molds working smoothly I might also have a Donut with me as well.

I will say I might walk with the 405th this year but not sure, I will be at Dragon con this year but depends on if I want to do 405th or Mando Mercs for the parade

I'll be there in Caboose, "Regulation Blue" Mark V. I should even have Blue Team flag with me this year.

If we can get my vac-forms molds working smoothly I might also have a Donut with me as well.

CABOOSEEEEEE!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!! (Sorry, had to. :) )

Count me in! Should defiantly have my suit done by then, custom MK VB (details are top secret as of now, Sorry, That's All I Can Say ;) ), and unless something HUGE prevents me, I will absolutely be marching with. :)

I'm in, Jen and I already have our reservations for Dcon 2012. Jen will march with us to take photos... and I'll try to get her into costume for once ! Haha! Will be there in full ODST.. prolly cosplay as a character instead of doing my usual personal suit. I wouldn't miss it for the world! :D

working on it. looks like the hotels are booking fast.
How big is this hole dragoncon thing? If I go it will be my 1st time going to it (went to megacon this year, that was my 1st con).
Are they about the same?

working on it. looks like the hotels are booking fast.
How big is this hole dragoncon thing? If I go it will be my 1st time going to it (went to megacon this year, that was my 1st con).
Are they about the same?

It is the single largest sci-fi gathering in the WORLD. 4 days, 5 hotels, people numbering in the tens of thousands, and when I first went (last year), the one day I attended turned out as the single greatest experience of my life. I am going full-tour this time.

I am so gealous of all you guys! I need to add winning the lottery to my todo list so I can attent a Dragoncon. To make me feel like I was there too I wanna see lots of pics :)

I'm new as you can see and I have my weekend hotel room for Dragoncon reserved and I'm in the process of feverishly trying to make a simple Marine build in time for it. I'm stationed at Ft. Benning Ga so it's not that far of a drive and I already have a lot of camo material so I'm just keeping it simple (well what i thought was simple) and just building some forearm/shin pieces and hopefully I can muster up the talent to create a decent Chest Piece.

Either Way I will be at dragoncon and would love to get some pics with you guys and if everything goes as planned march as well!!

will be there!!! all four of us again.. so me, wife, son and daughter. i cannot wait.. loved meeting you all last year. have tickets and reservations at the sheraton. can't wait!!

Attending, but my wife is still undecided about the parade march. She definitely plans to suit up for pics at the Hyatt either Fri or Sat night.

For the parade:
tumblr_m7823r6EUJ1qbe8pwo1_1280.jpg

I will be there this year and I would be happy to march working on my suit hopefully I will have it done in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back