Desert OSDT custom variant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the lack of update, been caught up playing some WOW and waiting on resin. I did attach the chest and small abdominal armor to the chest core. Trying to think of a better way to secure the 2 halves and the side plates. Any suggestions? Pics once i sort it out.

Progress stopped for awhile there. I had a chance to get my learn on and took some cisco classes and got my CCENT certification. As soon as I got back i got started again.
photo1.jpg

Here is where i stand now. The visor is in, thank you SEAN BRADLEY. The chest and back are connected at the top with buckles under the armor. I am having a heck of a time figuring out a solution to connect the sides and add the side plate and still be able to put it on by myself and keep it relatively lined up. Remember this is a temporary build and will be completely reworked when i get back home and have access to more tools and have time off.

Very sorry for the holdup. My schedule was very... messy for a while there and I needed to catch up. I didn't know I was holding your project up, didn't get your PM's here because I haven't been very active for some time. Email or Facebook always gets to me quick.

Your build looks fantastic! I hope it turns out even better than you expect, and I hope there are no hard feelings. Keep up the great work.

Very sorry for the holdup. My schedule was very... messy for a while there and I needed to catch up. I didn't know I was holding your project up, didn't get your PM's here because I haven't been very active for some time. Email or Facebook always gets to me quick.

Your build looks fantastic! I hope it turns out even better than you expect, and I hope there are no hard feelings. Keep up the great work.

No hard feelings, great lens. Thank you. It really did change the look of the helmet. I sorted out the side plates. pics tomorrow i hope.

photo2.jpg

This is the inside of the chest.

photo3.jpg

And the back. Basically made a belt that has a buckle that attaches under the equipment boxes and has the side plates attached to it.

Your whole chest rig looks really pro. One of the complaints i have of ODST's is the plates seem to "hang off" them. Not so in your case! Great looking setup so far.

Question: how did you do the patch? Did you make it yourself, if so how did you do it, if not, how/where did you get it?
It was custom made on base by the alteration shop.

This is looking great man :)
Thank you!

Your whole chest rig looks really pro. One of the complaints i have of ODST's is the plates seem to "hang off" them. Not so in your case! Great looking setup so far.
Thank You. Magnets, Hot glue, and nylon straps. It looks better when I can use a mirror to line them up better. the pic was done quickly so i can start packing it all up. Gonna see about 3 months downtime before I can get back to it.

Here it all is, I will try to put it all on tomorrow and snap a pic before it goes in the mail. I ran out of the tan so some parts will be primer.
photo5.jpg

I've been asking everyone who has finished an ODST suit what they would suggest using to finalize the armor. I'm doing the Flamethrower Insurgent from Red Vs Blue, and I was wondering if I should invest in a Vaccu-form Machine or just resin, bondo, and sand my way into the suit.

I've been asking everyone who has finished an ODST suit what they would suggest using to finalize the armor. I'm doing the Flamethrower Insurgent from Red Vs Blue, and I was wondering if I should invest in a Vaccu-form Machine or just resin, bondo, and sand my way into the suit.

I have a vac form machine at home and once I finish these pieces up, I will be making bucks and make some copies for friends. The usual is resin, fiberglass, rondo, bondo, etc. Cheaper if you only plan to do one suit and wear it.

Ha! I see the Gorilla case you are about to pack it in. I used the same crappy one to get my suit home. the case arrived cracked at every corner, but the suit survived. Tape it well! Your parts look great. PM me about vacuform pulls. Congrats on tour's end.

Redshirt

Here is how it looked right before i shipped it home. There will be updates when i get back home working on it.
photo6-1.jpg

I love the redaction for OPSEC! Suit looks awesome. Welcome back.

Redshirt

great job on the armor. on a side note. thank you for your service. most kids grew up with superman or batman as a hero. mine were soldiers, so that makes you one of my heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back