Halo 4 Multiplayer and Spartan ops coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have three options for this new rifle so far. 1. Laser 2.Plasma 3.MAC

I'm leaning towards laser myself. I know they said its not a spartan laser but that means its not a "Spartan laser". the grenade launcher could be a very broad description considering we know of one from Reach and a potential from Halo 4 videos, while spartan laser means one singular weapon. This could still be some semi-auto laser rifle.

MAC i really doubt though. That barrel is not fitting for a magnetic projectile weapon. It would fire sideways out of that thing as soon as it could unless you start making unnecessary magnetic fields for this pointless design flaw. But then again it could be artistic design?

Plasma is promising too. It seems to mirror the open look of plasma rifle and we see what might be vents on the top rear of the barrel. But again that's a long barrel for a weapon with no scope and just an ammo counter. why wouldn't the covenant do it for their rifles if it would have helped?

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you can't buy Spartan Points with MS Points, i'm fine with the system. And there's already a weapon loadout in Reach:Invasion. So I don't know what the big deal is. You know they'll have 'classic' playlists where you all start with ARs or BRs. At least if they screw this one up they have 2 more to get it right lol.

Plasma is promising too. It seems to mirror the open look of plasma rifle and we see what might be vents on the top rear of the barrel. But again that's a long barrel for a weapon with no scope and just an ammo counter. why wouldn't the covenant do it for their rifles if it would have helped?

The Covenant are imitative, not innovative. If you read the books they say with enough time the UNSC would surpass the Covenant technologically.

I don't like that the guy in the Game Informer interview said trust us... I'm not feeling very trusting on this game up to this point. Some of the things I think are cool. Shoot me for saying this, but I'm really looking forward to custom setups, as long as it's done right. They could completely screw it up but I think it really makes sense. Spartans are supersoldiers with weapons of choice. Kat loves that magnum, Jorge has his big gun, and so on. I think it makes sense. But on that note, I do think they are trying WAY too hard to say forget Halo, how can we make more money? and they're trying to achieve it by making it CoD. This will be interesting. I want it, but I'm very skeptical. This could be a complete bust.

Hey, one of the weapons mentioned in Gameinformer (p. 49 par. ) was something called an "assault carbine," mentioned alongside the BR, AR, DMR, and Covenant Carbine. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

The Covenant are imitative, not innovative. If you read the books they say with enough time the UNSC would surpass the Covenant technologically.

True. But in the Halo universe the plasma based weapons, covenant or not, still don't require a long barrel for accuracy. Basically the plasma based weapons fire a charged bolt of plasma that once fired will stay generally on the same course give or take gravities effect which cant be countered by a lengthy barrel but by speed of the shot. The barrel can possibly be there to increase the speed of a plasma shot or it could mean its a weapon like a focus rifle. Either option is possible. But we can never truly tell because it could just be artistic flair.

Grunt

9b803dbc.jpg

c765ab15.jpg

Elite

c5a11e57.jpg

7e2861f9.jpg

5971ee16.jpg

I'm sorry, but the Grunts look stupid without their mouth respirators.

It's like when we're working with toxic chemicals. We NEED the full face respirators. Hell, even the Heretic grunts had full face respirators.

I am REALLY losing hope for Halo 4 now. :/

like everyone else ima throw in my two cents worth. from the start im gonna go ahead and say that im actually really excited for this game. In my opinion i think you guys are overeacting to the whole loadouts thing being similar to cod. I remember just when that was announced for Reach and a lot of people freaked saying "ZOMG BUNGIE WHY YOU TRY AND MAKE CALL OF HALO?!?!?!!!11." I feel like it will be just like the reach loadouts, except you can choose your combo. for instance i remember one of the game modes in reach had an DMR but with sprint. now it will be that you can mix and match to whatever you want, and also that power weapons will NOT be included. if the offchance they did include sniper on the getgo, then I myself will be extreamly dissapointed but like I said i find it highly unlikely. one thing i did not read from gameinformer is the part where armor actually helps you in game. i only read one part that gameinformer discussed saying something about their review did not include as much COSMETIC armor as they were hoping too. even if it did I think it wouldnt be as bad as much except that 343i would have to constantly monitor which armor combo is overpowered and which ones are underpowered. although this is a new company most of the workers there said they wanted to bring back the core concepts of what made halo what it is.
we just all need to remember that this is all speculation and we are still a good half year away from the release date, a lot can happen in that time.

I just want to know, Why the Fruit are we fighting the elites! I just replayed halo 3 and they were fricken devoted to helping us, just to turn around and start trying to kill the guy who helped save them? and why would they be part of the covenant again, that thing was abolished. This is why i think these were a section of the covenant that broke off to look for the shield worlds. Truth knew what the halos did, so it doesn't suprise me that he wanted to know where the shield worlds were, after all, they did find onyx. would also explain the odd designs in their armor r,like they are only wearing the base necessities

That hose could be pumping the methane into their nose?

I like the new grunt and elite, it makes them look scarier.

I just want to know, Why the Fruit are we fighting the elites! I just replayed halo 3 and they were fricken devoted to helping us, just to turn around and start trying to kill the guy who helped save them? and why would they be part of the covenant again, that thing was abolished. This is why i think these were a section of the covenant that broke off to look for the shield worlds. Truth knew what the halos did, so it doesn't suprise me that he wanted to know where the shield worlds were, after all, they did find onyx. would also explain the odd designs in their armor r,like they are only wearing the base necessities

A lot of things could have happened in the four year gap.

In the GI it is explained that the elites and grunts arn't the normal Covenant. They are under equiped compared to the average Covenant soldier. It also states somewhere that they are salvaging the ship. You don't fight them for the whole campaign, I think it's only one or two missions.

thought so. maybe they aren't covenant, perhaps they are just elites using grunts as workers to try and make a living in the universe.

Designated_Marksman_Rifle.png

VS.

Halo_4_visuel_render_11.jpg

Halo: Reach DMR looks WAY better. Though I'm diggin the T slot muzzle brake on the Halo 4 version

As far as my opinions go, I'm a little on the 50/50 side for this game. No doubt that I will still buy it, but as far as my enjoyment of it, we'll see. I'm a little iffy about the changes they've made. Particularly why the grunts have changed so drastically. I mean, don't get me wrong, they look absolutely amazing graphics wise, but the changes in how they look seem a little too much for me. There was something about the grunts in the previous halo games that just made them, well...grunts! They were recognizable and easily distinguished as canon fodder, but these new grunts, I don't know. They remind me of some weird dinosaur lol, either way though, we'll have to wait and see me for this game.

I am curious as to what the whole story is going to be about, apart from what they have already told us and how they are going to explain it. is the master chief the only spartan left (sorry haven't read the books and they probably mentioned it in one of the games)? the visual changes are probably so that they can say this isn't a bungie game but a 343 game, i am still on the fence about the visuals. change is good but to much change can hurt or it can open doors to new plots. i hate surprises, i don't like getting teased all the way to the release just to find out that they killed one of my favorite games upon playing it, but they are creating a great buzz that is for certain. they are probably going to do a couple of prelude games of what happened during the years he was in cryo sleep apart from the trilogy they have planned. all these changes do look like they are trying to milk it( their i said it along with the other people who it said aswell).

Like the majority here, I too plan to get the game. I'm just a bit uneasy with the way things are looking at this time. I still don't understand the whole thing with the Elites, do ally ourselves with them again? Is it a splinter group that you fight? Kinda stupid to fight them if we fought side by side in Halo 3...

The loadouts really aren't a big deal. I'm just afraid that its becoming too CODish. Halo should stay Halo, COD should stay COD. I really don't think they should be combined.

I still am putting my hopes that 343 recognizes us Halo fans.

(That, and they better have an ODST helmet as an armor perm. :p)

Designated_Marksman_Rifle.png

VS.

Halo_4_visuel_render_11.jpg

Halo: Reach DMR looks WAY better. Though I'm diggin the T slot muzzle brake on the Halo 4 version

I actually like it, it looks more futuristic ( well from reach eara). but eitherway im not gonna be seing it as much since my heart belongs to the original, the BR <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back