Halo 4 Multiplayer and Spartan ops coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varsity

Halo 4's release date is November 6, 2012.
uZ75F.jpg

Multiplayer and Spartan ops coverage.

Multiplayer

Armor abilities
Armor abilities will be returning for Halo 4. Said armor abilities are listed below.

Promethean Vision
Promethean vision allows you to see through walls. This works much like the VISR from Halo 3: ODST. The effect only last a couple seconds and takes a while to recharge. it also emits a noise that can be used to tell if someone is using it.

Thruster pack
The thruster pack works like the jetpack in Reach, but instead of propelling you up. It propels you forward.

Autosentry
Autosentry is a turret that can be deployed.

Regeneration Field
This AA works similar to the regenerator in Halo 4.

Hardlight Shield
The Hardlight Shield is similar to Jackal shields. In game it only protects your front side.

Active Camo
The active camo remains the same from Reach.

Hologram
The hologram is similar to Reach's hologram, but it is now more life like.

Multiplayer Maps
Multiplayer maps in Halo 4 will not be recycled from campaign. They are made for competitive play.

Haven
Similar to Narrows, Haven is based on vertical gameplay. Haven is confirmed to have man cannons. The first name for this map was Wraparound.

Longbow
Longbow is a snow terrained map similar in design to Death Island and Ice Fields.

Adrift
Adrift is a symmetrical map with a Cyclops in the center of it. It is designed for close quarters combat, and has many corridors and passageways.

Weapons
The following weapons are confirmed in Halo 4. For pictures look here.

-Railgun
-Scattershot
-Battle Rifle
-Grenade detonator
-DMR
-Rocket Launcher
-Sniper Rifle
-M45 Shotgun
-Spartan Laser
-M9 Frag Grenade
-MA5D Assault Rifle
-Plasma Grenade
-Energy Sword
-Storm Rifle
-Plasma Pistol
-Covenant Carbine
-Needler
-Light Rifle

Vehicles

-Pelican (Not for multiplayer)
-Phantom (Not for multiplayer)
-Warthog
-Mongoose
-Wraith
-Banshee
-Ghost

Tactical Packages
Tactical Packages are similar to the perks in Battlefield 3. You choose one package per loadout.

-Firepower- Choose two primary weapons for your loadout
-Shield Package- Shields recharge faster
-AA Efficiency- Armor Abilities recharge faster
-Grenadier- One extra grenade on spawn

Support Upgrades
These upgraded are chosen with your loadout.

-Awareness. Allows players to see their motion sensor while scoped in.
-Sensor Upgrade- Increases the Range and sensitivity of your motion sensor.
-Ammo Upgrade- Player spawns with more ammo.
-Resupply- Lets you pick up grenades from dead bodies.
-Mobility- Infinite sprint.

Ordnance
Ordnance drops is how you get power weapons now. Ordnance drops bring power weapons in pre-determined locations on the map. The only way to make get an Ordnance Drop is by filling your meter. This is done by earning medals, not kills. Instead of weapons, Ordnance drops can bring an overshield, the overshield last for 10 seconds.

Spartan Ops
Firefight is being replaced by Spartan Ops. Spartan Ops will tie in with campaign and is playable up to four player. Each week one episode will be released, in one episode there are five missions. Spartan Ops is free.

Pre-Order bonuses and Limited Edition

Pre Order bonuses
When you pre-order Halo 4 you will recieve a special armor skin for your spartan. Each retailer will be offering a different armor skin.

Eb Games/Gamestop- Forest skin
BestBuy- Raptor skin
Amazon- Web skin
Play.com- Deadeye skin
Microsoft Store- Pulse Store
Game UK- Oceanic skin

*Warning* You are not recieving the armor, you are recieving the armor skin.

Pictures can be found here.

Limited Edition
Once again there is a limited edition, there is legendary edition for Halo 4. This cost $99 and included the following.

-Access to six specialization for multiplayer
-Nine extra maps from future DLC
-Special skin for your Spartan (Including the pre order skin)
-90 minute extended version of the live action series, Forward Unto Dawn.
-UNSC Infinity briefing packet
-Unique Assault Rifle skin
-Unique in game emblem
-Xbox live avatar prop

I am still unsure about the game. I look forward to the campaign, but I'm not sure I want COD with halo looks. If they can manage to keep a halo feel in the multiplayer without fixed weapon spawn points and everyone starting with the same weapon (i am a little doubtful, though fiesta is insanely fun) this could be worth getting.

is it just me or does that third picture make the cheif look more and more like he's wearing the nano suit from crysis?

is it just me or does that third picture make the cheif look more and more like he's wearing the nano suit from crysis?

I agree with you man, Thanks I've seen that part of the Chiefs suit but couldn't for the life of me figure where I had seen something similar to it

I really don't like the fact that we have to unlock weapons and loadouts...
it's not fair for the people who only play it at some times against people who play 24/7.
hopefully you unlock everything fast enough so it doesn't becomes too boring

it looks like the AR has gone back to the look of the one from Halo 3 but I guess that makes sense. Still prefer the Reach one though.

Things i don't like!

-No firefight
-Spartan points will be used to purchase armor
-Armor now acts like perks
-No dual wielding
-Elites are not playable
-Purchased armor makes your spartan stronger

I'm very disappointed in these facts and I'm pretty frustrated. Although i'm sure i will enjoy Halo 4 as much as any other Halo game i have played, I'm also sure it will never feel like Halo again. 343 wanted to make Halo 4 something new and i will say they succeeded spectacularly even if its not something I'll agree on. I wont go nerd rage about this because all good things must come to an end and despite this separation from what halo once was i will remain hopeful that this new trilogy will succeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things i don't like!

-No firefight
-No dual wielding
-Elites are not playable

I'm very disappointed in these facts and I'm pretty frustrated. Although i'm sure i will enjoy Halo 4 as much as any other Halo game i have played, I'm also sure it will never feel like Halo again. 343 wanted to make Halo 4 something new and i will say they succeeded spectacularly even if its not something I'll agree on. I wont go nerd rage about this because all good things must come to an end and despite this separation from what halo once was i will remain hopeful that this new trilogy will succeed.

i know that feel bro ;(

Things i don't like!

-No firefight
-No dual wielding
-Elites are not playable

ya. i hate that to. i hope the halo fan base will force them to take those AWAY and make it more like Reach, or halo 3. (i want reach). also is it just me or does it feel like there making halo like COD or BF3. WE WANT HALO. not a COD or a BF3 wannabe

Don't forget the random weapon spawns and lack of respawn countdown.

And Spartan Ops, really? Man, I didn't think they'd drop the ball this hard.

They said they'd go back to the roots of Halo. Many people, myself included, thought that that would mean building off of Halo 2.

But now it looks to be they're building off of Halo Reach and adding CoD into it.

love your find but the only false statement is that -Armor now acts like perks

in a later interview frank O'connor dissmised this as something that the media used and is not true, they never used the word "perks"

therefore this whole state ment should either be modified or removed, if modified it might read - armor now effects the way your spartan plays. but that is just speculation.

all is unkown untill the game or beta comes out.

oh yay, 343's adding the "pay to win" game mechanic which has proven so popular in the past. /sarcasm

Pay to win? I don't remember 343i ever saying that they were going to do anything of the sorts besides for the spartan points (which I'll doubt people will be able to buy). I read through the article and I'm actually looking forward to playing it. The only thing I'm not so stoked about is the "Purchased armor makes your spartan stronger" idea. I have a feeling though that there's some kind of information either I missed or that hasn't been released that would balance it (i.e. more armor=less mobility). We'll just have to wait and see.

alrite, im ready to start my rant. As a lifelong halo fan and die hard Eric Nyland fan, i am pumped for halo 4. it may as well be one of the BEST halo games YET. why? well lets run trhough the list:

Every week a new coop campaign level will be realeased for you and your friends to play to further your spartan IVs backstory

The story line will have tons of details from the halo books (hopefully some from EN's series as well) and will be incorperated as a major part of the storyline.

the Spartan VI story and MCs story will cross in the future, so we are told (our spartans are canon? YAY!)

new enemies with whole new tactics and abilities, smarter in a group.

We get the battle rifle 85 AND the DMR (WHOOP)

armor upgrades and customizations are specific and can be used in all the different game types.

campaign has cinematic sequences where we can control the chief (assassin's creed 2 anyone?)

These are just a VERY few details that are included and i highly recomend readin the thing yourself.

now, unfortunatley, some cons:

no duel wielding (thanks bungie@reach)

the visors of all the helmets seem to have a patterns in the glass, as cheif's mk7 has a honey hive hexagon pattern and the multiplayer default helmet has a weird line octagonaly thing. looks like they didnt want to take it easy on us armor makers :/

cortana is going through rampancy

we are fighting the covenant AGAIN along with forerunners

a lot of lingo is comming from the halo:cryptum book which i really didnt want to read and considered non canon (thanks a lot 343 for crushing my dreams)

(not really a con for us) the "new" AR is almost identical to the MA5C just with new detail added on (not ment
ioned in game)
get yer foam ready, because the new undersuit is VERY foamlike and it pretty much half the armor.

sidenotes: the forearms on the new MK7 suit are the exact same thing as the forearms on the WETA ODST so if you are starting your MK7 suit, happy birthday.

Well that's all I am gonna say for now, but I very highly recommend you read the 12 page article yourself. It made me the most pumped for a halo game Ive ever been.

While I am excited for them to expand on the player experience further, I am very cautious of them suffering from "me-too" itis, and just dropping in garbage from CoD and GoW that are considered "hip" right now. It has the potential to be very cool, but given how lazy modern game devs seem to be, I wouldn't put it past 343 to just dump crap in.

I am still not sold on the lithe chief, or his weird nano suit, and that sucks if there's no dual wielding, but the only reason I dualed really was for plasma rifle/smg, to counter-act the ever increasing difference in damage to shields vs damage to skin, it feels like in Reach some guns are absolutely worthless against one type of armor or the other.

Also not looking forward to the BR and all the MLG jerkoffs going crazy and demanding it be in every game mode like they did with H3

As for the Ma5c, I hope it's indicative of the thought process that went into the M6, and that we see the same M6 as was in H1/Reach, the M6 in H2/3 was garbage and should have just not been in the game. But the idea of the m6 was that of the M1911, the weapon that is so well designed it just stays in service for over a hundred years! I love the Ma5c and hope it doesn't get ruined.

I am cautiously pessimistic about H4, I want to like it, but I just don't trust game devs anymore, so I'll reserve judgement of gameplay until the beta is out.

Katsu, we aren't even sure its still the MA5C it just looks very similar. just read the article and you might not be so pessimistic. if you have, then you definitely have an odd reaction.

Similar or not, I am just saying I love that gun, and am glad it's coming back, even if only in appearance.

My pessimism is for the game industry in general, if you've been following the companies out there, it's very hard to have a positive outlook for anything. We have games like Homeland, ME3, Crysis2, DA2, and especially MW3. 343 is untested (putting Reach's graphics on H1 isn't really making a game), so who knows how they'll perform, it could be good, or it could be bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going into H4 expecting bad things (other than the designs) but I am going into it not expecting much, which is probably better than expecting perfection, I end up rarely disappointed with video games when I go in without expectations of greatness.

Promotional marketing, especially in Game Informer of all publications, should be taken with a grain of salt, since Game Informer is owned by Gamestop, they'll obviously slant their articles to promote game sales.

Also not looking forward to the BR and all the MLG jerkoffs going crazy and demanding it be in every game mode like they did with H3

I know that feel bro, call me an [expletive] but one of the reasons I loved Halo: Reach so much was because the competitive community abandoned it. All I can say is I'll be rocking the DMR whenever I can and if there's playlists that won't let me, I won't be playing in them.

alrite, im ready to start my rant. As a lifelong halo fan and die hard Eric Nyland fan, i am pumped for halo 4. it may as well be one of the BEST halo games YET. why? well lets run trhough the list:

Every week a new coop campaign level will be realeased for you and your friends to play to further your spartan IVs backstory

The story line will have tons of details from the halo books (hopefully some from EN's series as well) and will be incorperated as a major part of the storyline.

the Spartan VI story and MCs story will cross in the future, so we are told (our spartans are canon? YAY!)

new enemies with whole new tactics and abilities, smarter in a group.

We get the battle rifle 85 AND the DMR (WHOOP)

armor upgrades and customizations are specific and can be used in all the different game types.

campaign has cinematic sequences where we can control the chief (assassin's creed 2 anyone?)

These are just a VERY few details that are included and i highly recomend readin the thing yourself.

now, unfortunatley, some cons:

no duel wielding (thanks bungie@reach)

the visors of all the helmets seem to have a patterns in the glass, as cheif's mk7 has a honey hive hexagon pattern and the multiplayer default helmet has a weird line octagonaly thing. looks like they didnt want to take it easy on us armor makers :/

cortana is going through rampancy

we are fighting the covenant AGAIN along with forerunners

a lot of lingo is comming from the halo:cryptum book which i really didnt want to read and considered non canon (thanks a lot 343 for crushing my dreams)

(not really a con for us) the "new" AR is almost identical to the MA5C just with new detail added on (not ment
ioned in game)
get yer foam ready, because the new undersuit is VERY foamlike and it pretty much half the armor.

sidenotes: the forearms on the new MK7 suit are the exact same thing as the forearms on the WETA ODST so if you are starting your MK7 suit, happy birthday.

Well that's all I am gonna say for now, but I very highly recommend you read the 12 page article yourself. It made me the most pumped for a halo game Ive ever been.

Thank goodness, SOMEONE is pumped. All the guys n gals I know who were disappointed from Halo Reach are not even given Halo 4 a second thought. I mean this is Halo FOUR!!! No one has ever comprehended this coming into being and evne videos on youtube were rick rolll material. Thank you AI Blue Fox.

Thank goodness, SOMEONE is pumped. All the guys n gals I know who were disappointed from Halo Reach are not even given Halo 4 a second thought. I mean this is Halo FOUR!!! No one has ever comprehended this coming into being and evne videos on youtube were rick rolll material. Thank you AI Blue Fox.
all i have to say is IKR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back