Halo 4 Multiplayer and Spartan ops coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude i hate u >.< u got in, in all the fun. maybe u can show a few pic? of cortana plz

don't ask for pics and stuff, he could get in seriuous trouble if he leaks things,
i'm glad that he helps making halo 4 better, and that they chose him :p
(that also means that we all have a chance to get in an beta of 343 industries)

So are you in a beta for multiplayer or campaign as well? Because I thought Elites weren't going to be in Halo 4's multiplayer.

New info!

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/halo4_nyc_event.html

Apparently, this guy was one of the lucky ones to play Halo 4 at their event in NY. Unlike Killa KC's, he gives us some information about the new ordnance system, campaign, and weapons. I advice you to read all of this, but here are some key quotes

Graphics are pretty amazing - and what I was looking at was far from done. (Cortana was much more solid than she's been in the past... part of the reason is to help us 'connect' to her, but another part was simply because the transparency shader wasn't finished. Even as a work in progress, though, she was gorgeous.)

The demo was pretty good at showing off some of the new engine's capabilities - lighting, enemy overhauls, and the like. The climax was a scene very reminiscent of the Cairo Station docking bays (Phantoms even had accordioned tubes for dropping off enemies, just like the ships that attacked the Halo 2 defense platform - weird), and if the person playing was fast enough, you even got to see a new weapon. One of the Elites dropped some sort of energy-based rifle - sort of a giant plasma repeater. (The demo ended very soon after this pickup, so there wasn't much chance to see it in action. Frank refused to answer questions about it.)

There were two extra slots in Halo 4, however - these were filled with small enhancements. (I'm not sure what to call them; I hate the idea of calling them 'perks', because that immediately makes people think of them as Call of Duty-style bonuses. I don't think this is a very accurate representation.) The ones we saw seemed to give some subtle increases to existing features - one allowed your health to regenerate just a bit faster than the default, for example, and another gave you an extra ammo clip on spawn. One gives you an extra grenade. And so on.

I DID try out the DMR in a couple of games; I found it to be more accurate at distance (and it's currently coupled with a sound that makes it feel like a monster), but harder to handle up close. When I kept away from my targets, I could easily beat a BR-wielder, but as we got closer together, the BR became more and more dangerous. (I found myself being cleaned up a lot by enemies with DMRs; Warhorse has a platform that's far enough out of the normal flow of battle that the only people up there were folks picking off wounded combatants.)

Grenades have been toned down also according to the review. If you will like to see his information about the new weapon spawning system and the radar, you can read his review. I do advice everyone to read it though.

Info on Radar and New Weapon Spawning (Ordnance)

Radar has been simplified; no more brighter/dimmer dots for folks above/below you. Now, altitude is obvious: if your enemies are on your level, they're dots. If they're above you, they're small arrows pointing up. If they're below you, they're downward-pointing arrows. It felt almost crude at the beginning of the evening, compared to the subtlety of Reach's altitude display... but that feeling went away quickly, and the utility was highly appreciated by the time we wrapped it up.

I had a little bit of experience with the ordnance drop system. Before talking about what I saw, I'd like to say that I have NO idea how things were set up, and I have NO idea how the overal system works. I only know what I saw. That said: I saw two different ordnance drops. The first was called by someone on the other team; I was running on the lower level of Wraparound, and suddenly saw a green indicator on my HUD, showing me that a Rocket Launcher was available up ahead and to my left. I headed that way immediately. I ran right into a trap. Three members of the other team were standing at the top of the ramp above the RL pod... I was turned to hamburger before I could even pick up the tube. Perfect example of a honey trap... and I fell for it. The second drop was mine - at some point during the game, I was confronted with a representation of my D-Pad, with three weapons attached to three of the four buttons. I hit D-Pad Left, which was linked to a Spartan Laser, and the image disappeared. Soon after, I saw that the Laser had dropped. (It was nowhere near me - clearly, as players learn more about the maps, this sort of thing won't happen as often.) Again - I have no clue what GENERATED the drops; Frank suggested that there are multiple types of drops, and in the games we were playing, these were PERSONAL drops... but I saw that they could be used to supplement your armory (you know about the drop before the other team, and can get to the drop location first), or used to set up traps for the other team (put yourself in position to ambush folks coming to a drop, then give them a reason to walk in). I'll be keeping my eyes open for more details on how these systems work.

dude i hate u >.< u got in, in all the fun. maybe u can show a few pic? of cortana plz

I will say that I liked the Halo 3 Cortana better.

don't ask for pics and stuff, he could get in seriuous trouble if he leaks things,
i'm glad that he helps making halo 4 better, and that they chose him :p
(that also means that we all have a chance to get in an beta of 343 industries)

'nuff said

So are you in a beta for multiplayer or campaign as well? Because I thought Elites weren't going to be in Halo 4's multiplayer.

Elites are not in multiplayer, and whatever they want me to test is what they give me. It's mostly multiplayer unless they update a campaign mission.

Sorry for the double post, but the top-scoring player in the beta gets a voiceover in the final version, and their name in the credits.

Sorry for the double post but...

Box art released!

uZ75F.jpg

Dude I am personally looking forward to halo 4. Sure granted there are changes but I think its for the better. I dont think that all the people at 343I came together to make halo another cod or crysis. Heck if I could work at 343I being surrounded by people who love halo that would be a dream job. the new halo series is being taken into a new direction for I believe the better. Looking forward to it!

i heard that they are also going to make a halo wars 2 and another 2 of another halo game but i don't remember which one

i heard that they are also going to make a halo wars 2 and another 2 of another halo game but i don't remember which one
A Halo Wars 2?!! Oh Hell yes!!

IS there anyway you can find the link that you found this on? I would love to give it a read, buddy!

Halo 4: Limited edition

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/16/The-Halo-Bulletin-51612.aspx
image.axd

Available for preorder today, the Halo 4 Limited Edition maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your Halo multiplayer career.

The Halo 4 Limited Edition will be available at the estimated retail price of $99.99 and includes:

• War Games Map Pack Access

The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

• Specializations

Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.

• UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet

The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.

• Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition

The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also includes in-fiction bonus content that expands the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, special featurette Bringing Gaming into Reality, and a behind the scenes look at the making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

• Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE

The Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back