Halo 4 Multiplayer and Spartan ops coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it's Halo 4, but look at everything. It was given a complete artistic overhaul.

I would have pumped at MAX level if they at least gave the Chief his old armor, but nooooo. It magically tranformed in a way that not even the covies could probably replicate it. -_-

I'm open to new ideas from Halo 4. I don't play online anymore so that doesn't bother me. I'm a little disappointed with the design language of the game so far, it's moving away from it's own niche and starting to take shape of Crysis and Mass Effect. I don't see why they stick with the original design language? They certainly weren't hurting for inspiration.
I'm excited for the new weapons, I like the new MA5 rifle, but I'm undecided on the BR85. The pistol looks a lot like the Reach one, and I don't care for that style. I'll have to get a better look at the rocket pistol to have an opinion of it.
I saw some rough drafts of a "Human" needler and plasma rifle, I think those will be awesome. And if anyone remembers, I speculated a while ago that they may have Human/Covenant hybrid weapons.
Someone posted a pic of the concept rocket pistol somewhere, does anyone know where that is?

*facepalm* ACDC, cortana had 4 YEARS to modify his armor while he slept, along with modify any weapons on the ship, like the pistol grenade launcher. you have to remember this is over 550 years in the future. judging by the pictures of the spartan IVs, looks like they get a different armor type then the MKVII as their is quite a few differences in their armor.

and Tactonyx, this halo trilogy will have more of a feel like the books did (Eric Nyland, Tobias S. Buckle, ECT.) so it will be the same halo, but will have much more to offer other then just "fight aliens, oh you lose anyway, fight more aliens!" and it will actually tell those who are too ignorant to read fall of reach and first strike/ghosts of onyx who the cheif really is as a person.

I don't care about the books. I WANNA SEE SOME HUMAN/COVENANT HYBRID WEAPONS! Yeah baby! That's what has me excited.

You should care about the Books! They make up half of the halo universe and will be vitaly important in understanding halo 4!

*facepalm* ACDC, cortana had 4 YEARS to modify his armor while he slept, along with modify any weapons on the ship, like the pistol grenade launcher. you have to remember this is over 550 years in the future. judging by the pictures of the spartan IVs, looks like they get a different armor type then the MKVII as their is quite a few differences in their armor.

Except I doubt there's an automated weapon factory on half of a wrecked frigate and "nano-machines" which technology has never even been indicated to be in the universe before was introduced in a single throwaway conversation.

man the day a see a reaper (counting out Forge World) in halo is the day the world ends... come on 343 this is halo NOT ME or crysis. i also want to ask does 343 know about the 405th?

Halo 4 looks amazing and all, i can't wait for it to come out, but there is something REALLY bugging me. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE HUMAN/ELITE ALLIANCE!!!!!

In Halo 3 Humans and Elites joined forces against the Covenant and after the war, were on good terms for the most part. But my main concern is that the Prophets had the Elites sentenced to extermination and the whole Covenant turned against them. Yes, Truth, Mercy, and Regret are all dead, but why in the hell would the Elites join back up with the Covenant if they had learned that the Great Journey was flawed? What happened to the Brutes? Are they still the main force of the Covenant? If not, were they kicked and replaced by the Elites, AGAIN. Even if that was the case, what leader in their right mind would even consider joining back up with a force that nearly wiped them all out and risk having the same thing happen again? This I see as a major problem in the story.

Now PLEASE, if i missed something along this thread or the books, i have not read all of them, enlighten me. :confused

I'm willing to give 343i a chance, as these ideas sound bad on paper, but could pull off end-game.
However, I still am scratching my head at stuff like:
1.) Half-naked Elites.
2.)Forerunner Vision.
3.) Random weapon spawn.
4.) Custom class(Specifically: weapon choices.)

I understand they want to follow lore, and I'm all for having an even deeper and meaningful story, It's just that some Canon things never work for games.

EDIT: I'm not making my final verdict yet. I will wait until enough information is on the table.

She is still just a bloody program. Hell if the Covenant can't do it with such advanced technology, how come we, a still somewhat primitive race compared to them and the Forerunners, can? It still doesn't make sense.

Now, it took roughly 2500 years for the entire covenant to form. Which would mean that that was MORE than enough time for them to reverse eningeer everything they could get their hands on. That would mean they could have done this themselves, but we don't see any traces of it.

So my question is, how could DATA which can't be phisycal, upgrade the armor in such a significant way without the use of special tools? It just doesn't make ANY sense at all even if the Chief was in cryosleep. It's just doesn't seem possible in that time period even it was just 500 years in the future.

She is still just a bloody program. Hell if the Covenant can't do it with such advanced technology, how come we, a still somewhat primitive race compared to them and the Forerunners, can? It still doesn't make sense.

Now, it took roughly 2500 years for the entire covenant to form. Which would mean that that was MORE than enough time for them to reverse eningeer everything they could get their hands on. That would mean they could have done this themselves, but we don't see any traces of it.

So my question is, how could DATA which can't be phisycal, upgrade the armor in such a significant way without the use of special tools? It just doesn't make ANY sense at all even if the Chief was in cryosleep. It's just doesn't seem possible in that time period even it was just 500 years in the future.
It was made of....
*Waves hands over head*
Magic!

Can anyone confirm this is the DMR?

AgNVF.jpg

I think the old one is better

first of all we dont see traces of it besause no elite has been in cryo for 500 years.

second i am sure that they already have the tech it just isn't used because the suit has to be completely shutdown in order to activate the nano tech that upgrades and repairs the suit.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE HUMAN/ELITE ALLIANCE!!!!!

In Halo 3 Humans and Elites joined forces against the Covenant and after the war, were on good terms for the most part.

There never was a Human/Elite Alliance the way I see it, there was a temporary truce of mutual convenience.

Probably the one thing that Glasslands did right was emphasize the elites and humans still very much dislike each other and see each other as a clear and present threat. This "Covenant" being talked about sounds like an elite led force with some scattered ex-Covenant elements and equipment. The Prophets are out of the picture, High Charity was the last concentration of significant population and even then they were having trouble keeping the Prophet population there genetically viable.

I'll wait for some extended gameplay clips before I say anything about the weapons.

The game at least looks nice, but the fact that 343 is pushing the game from somewhat traditional Halo to Mass Call of Crysis 4: Modern Reach is not exciting at all. If it integrates well with Halo 4, it'd be a nice change of pace for a Halo game, but I have a feeling that these changes will be shoehorned in rather than fully meshed with the rest of the game.

Mass Call of Crysis 4: Modern Reach
lol, sounds catchy :p

i also think that the covenant MC encounters must be an abandonend "pirate" covenant group,
because mc is officially MIA on earth, so the ship would be in a place that no one (human) has ever been.
the half naked elites just verifies the pirate thing :p ever seen a pirate in full uniform?

It's "Wort Wort Wort" instead of "Yo ho ho"

Wort wort wort it's a covvie life for me!

first of all we dont see traces of it besause no elite has been in cryo for 500 years.
What part of the Halo story have you been reading? Of course there were no Elites in cryo sleep for 500 years. Not even the Chief has been asleep for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back