Halo 4 Multiplayer and Spartan ops coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the improved T-slot flash hider, and the large trigger guard, but other than that the normal DMR is alot sexier.

That and COD sucks. Dont let Halo turn into another call of duty, because they make two more of that crappy game every year, and hordes of idiots that dont know anything about guns at all now think they know everything, despite thinking that an Aks-74u is a sawed off Ak-47.

Thats my two cents. Keep the change.

Designated_Marksman_Rifle.png

VS.

Halo_4_visuel_render_11.jpg

Halo: Reach DMR looks WAY better. Though I'm diggin the T slot muzzle brake on the Halo 4 version

oh yes. The halo reach disgin was intended to look some what older and closer to our tech now
The halo 4 DMR is intended to look beefier and much more futuristic.
All in all i think it will be very much the same weapon, with the exception of fire rate.

other than that yes I do like the reach DMR more

I like the improved T-slot flash hider, and the large trigger guard, but other than that the normal DMR is alot sexier.

That and COD sucks. Dont let Halo turn into another call of duty, because they make two more of that crappy game every year, and hordes of idiots that dont know anything about guns at all now think they know everything, despite thinking that an Aks-74u is a sawed off Ak-47.

Thats my two cents. Keep the change.

ok first you have a couple of facts wrong

FIRST halo will never end up like Call of Duty becouse its halo

SECOND only one Call of Duty game comes out a year.

and THIRD Call of Duty dosn't suck. it is the same game with different guns and different attachments IT is (consistincy) which is the only reason COD is a GOOD GAME.

but you are right about the people in charge of guns [dumb to a fault]

Why is there even a new variant of DMR? The DMR was an aging system that was only kept by the UNSC Army, the rest of the services had already exchanged theirs for new BRs. I shouldn't be complaining because I love the DMR far more than the BR but I hope 343 are aware of the canon reason DMRs were available in Halo: Reach.

Why is there even a new variant of DMR? The DMR was an aging system that was only kept by the UNSC Army, the rest of the services had already exchanged theirs for new BRs. I shouldn't be complaining because I love the DMR far more than the BR but I hope 343 are aware of the canon reason DMRs were available in Halo: Reach.

When you think about it. The war ended 5 years before the events of Halo 4 and even though that seems like a long time, the war did a great deal of damage to the economy and supply's of humans. People where displaced from homes and colonies, and planets with great mineral and agriculture resources were lost. Humanity is under pressure to rebuild and make sure it can protect itself and take care of its populace at the same time. The option to fully replace certain arms is limited by resources and research. The 4 DMR may be the UNSC's tweaked variation thats being used sort of like a filler weapon, just to make sure troops have guns in their hands that they know work. Until they can replace them with more modern weapons.

We only have three options for this new rifle so far. 1. Laser 2.Plasma 3.MAC

I'm leaning towards laser myself. I know they said its not a spartan laser but that means its not a "Spartan laser". the grenade launcher could be a very broad description considering we know of one from Reach and a potential from Halo 4 videos, while spartan laser means one singular weapon. This could still be some semi-auto laser rifle.

MAC i really doubt though. That barrel is not fitting for a magnetic projectile weapon. It would fire sideways out of that thing as soon as it could unless you start making unnecessary magnetic fields for this pointless design flaw. But then again it could be artistic design?

Plasma is promising too. It seems to mirror the open look of plasma rifle and we see what might be vents on the top rear of the barrel. But again that's a long barrel for a weapon with no scope and just an ammo counter. why wouldn't the covenant do it for their rifles if it would have helped?

I'm starting to agree with Forge that this may indeed be a MAC rifle, as the design language follows that of a UNSC warship. I still prefer a UNSC Pulse Rifle.
Of course it would make a lot more sense if it were a Pulse Rifle, it may be bigger than a Covenant Pulse Rifle, but this is the UNSC's first Plasma Rifle, so you can't get everything right on the first try.
Similar to how Nazi Germany was defeated and a lot of their technology (I'm referring to small arms) were backward engineered and gave birth to the M60 GPMG, AK-47, etc. Even 75 years later, Nazi German weapons are still considered to be high quality firearms.
All I'm saying is this: 343I, please oh please let this be the UNSC Pulse Rifle, A handheld MAC cannon would be totally lame and make the Spartan Laser and the Sniper Rifle obsolete and worthless.
On a similar note, I hope they come out with a UNSC Needler.

Last edited by a moderator:
still reminds me of a railgun....

but like Tactonyx said the design philosophy follows that of MAC platforms.

A railgun would be cool or like some people have said a pulse rifle would be very interesting.

but for me it would either be an plasma weapon or a railgun due the design principles of both types.

if that thing were to be the Halo equivelent to the Terran Marines Rifle from StarCraft or the equivelent of a Section 8 rifle I would be cool with that.....

But I could go on a stretch that it is somewhat kinda like a bolter........

Update!

*See the actual links, they have far more information*

Hopefully now people will stop complaining..

Read all of it before you judge.
I'll just leave this here.
*Forerunner vision renamed Promethean Vision, seems like Promethean's will be in Halo 4.

Quote:

Took from NeoGAF

The Halo 4 DMR does not feature bloom. However, the reticule expands upon firing and resets fully in lockstep with the fixed firing rate, the same way the Reach sniper rifle 'bloom' works. In that sense it's not so much bloom as a visual signal for when the next shot can be fired.

That might explain why people felt bloom was in, but didn't notice it affecting their play.

*Melee felt like Reach. Nothing really different there. New assassination animations were pretty cool though. I also think I saw something to disable assassination animations if you didn't want to do them accidentally.

*Bloom Confirmed on DMR and Pistol, far less than Reach bloom, resets quicker. KC (source) described it as hardly affecting moving or shooting at all. UPDATE: It is just cosmetic, probably to troll people.
*DMR beast at range, beaten by BR at CQB
* It apparently looks and sounds great, it feels like Halo
*Plasma pistol fires slowly, more powerful, noob combo less lock on
*Different loadout sets confirmed, e.g. BR, Pistol, Plasma Grenade, Promethean Vision
*According to the MLG player, Forerunner vision, now known as Promethean vision, is how Frankie described it, useless in very limited situations, but no competitive player would need it.
It alerts enemies when you use it. It also screws up colors, reducing your visibility.
*Sprint is almost exactly the same as Reach, however, you slow down while shot.
*More control setup options
///////////////Weapons seen
*BR
DMR
AR
Plasma Pistol
Magnum
Frag Grenades
Plasma Grenades
Hologram
Promethean Vision
////////////////
*Hologram is very similar to Reach
*No weapon pods or power weapons seen atm
*According to the MLG player, bloom wasn't a hassle
*Magnum also had bloom and was very similar to Halo Reach. It could be shot very fast, but the bloom would make it very inaccurate. It had 8 bullets in the clip and was a 6-shot kill. The Plasma Pistol shoots a little bit slower now when rapidly pressing the trigger, but each shot seemed to do more damage. The homing mechanism on a charged shot seemed to be toned down quite a bit.
In the end, the game looks and sounds amazing. At its core, it's the Halo everyone knows and loves. Movement felt great and I had a really great time playing it for the short amount of time I had. Hopefully 343 will invite us to a longer test session with more features available where we can provide feedback.
-Are sprint and AA's on separate buttons?
Yes. Sprint is ALWAYS available, AA is on the same button as on Reach (Right bumper, for me).
Quote:
-Were there any new weapons? (missile pistol, Assault Carbine)
I saw no new weapons in multi. Frank showed off a short campaign demo (10 minutes of an early level in the game), and there was some sort of energy-based covenant rifle that looks pretty cool. (Didn't get to see it in very much action; it came pretty late in the demo, and depending on who was running through, there often wasn't much left alive by the time it showed up.)

Quote:
-Was Jetpack useable? If so, how does it operate?
-What about other AA's?
I didn't experiment with any of the loadouts that used anything but Promethean Vision - sorry. (Both of the first two loadouts had that as the AA)

Quote:
-How do weapon spawns work? Are there a lot less weapons in play now with the ordinance system?
There were almost no weapons on the map at all in the games we played. (I'd say there were none, but I seem to remember a needler or two lying around - I guess maybe a deady guy could have dropped it, not sure.)

Ordinance drops are pretty cool. When you earn one (I don't know what I did to earn them), you get a little thingy in your UI that pops up - three choices, mapped to three buttons on your D-Pad. Pick your drop, and it'll appear in the default location for that power weapon soon after. That is: Let's say we're talking about Powerhouse. When the game starts, there are no Rockets in the outlet under the station... but as soon as someone earns a drop, and picks Rockets, they'll pop in there. Everyone gets notified that they're about to drop - but the dropper obviously knows a little sooner. So you can either get there first, and snag 'em... or get there and set up a trap. :)

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING STILL TYPING? I'M SUPPOSED TO BE PACKING!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Later on, he clarifies
Okay, last post of the day. Really.

Clarification: I have NO CLUE what generated the Ordnance popup in my HUD. I ASSUMED it was something I 'earned' (through kills/points/something else)... but I did NOT clarify this with anyone at 343. For all I know, it could be totally random, and assigned to a random player each time it comes up (no earning involved). I simply don't know.

Don't freak out until someone's TOLD you that it's exactly how you don't want it. :)

Demoncarnataur - I didn't see any jackals at all. Only campaign enemies in the demo were Grunts and Elites.

Also: the fact that the loadout last night included a Plasma Pistol as secondary weapon means NOTHING for Halo 4's matchmaking - it was set up at the show by the guys configuring the Xboxes. DO NOT PANIC THAT BTB WILL HAVE ANTI-VEHICLE WEAPONS ON SPAWN - you're drawing huge conclusions from very, very spotty (and non-relevant) data.

quick last-minute quote:
Originally Posted by Recarpo:
There are power weapons that will be there at the beginning of the match. For example, for a map like the pit 2 snipers and rockets would be there at the start of the match and after that they would only be dropped by ordinance.
This is not how it worked last night. There were no power weapons at the start of the matches - they only came in on ordnance drops. (Again - these were CUSTOM games, set up by 343 staff. This tells you NOTHING about Matchmaking - but I wanted to clarify that what I played was NOT what you just described.)

Gotta go. Love you all. Kisses.
http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/people-playing-halo-4.html

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=37309997

http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com...ng-halo-4-new-imageskc-responds-to-questions/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37308753&postcount=8769
http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/270833-halo-4-preview/
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=37311025
New Campaign screenshot, confirmed by Frankie..
http://i.imgur.com/RwKe2.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37323704&postcount=9436
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470101&page=190

weapon loadouts with (possibly) no on-map weapons, and Ordinance Drops? Might as well call them kits and Killstreaks.

The only thing that worries me about the br/dmr thing is what happens to the AR. The BR had a bad reputation in h3 for being OP at any range, there's a reason every other match was team BR, and MLG had their crappy playlist of BR happy matches. If they made the BR a "CQC" weapon, then it sort of edges out automatic human weapons.

Still going to get it, but less an less sure I'll buy it new.

Sounds promising, more budget than the impressive Blomkamp shorts which had awesome WETA props? It's going to look damn good if anything.

Still feel that the old MkIV should be as bulky as it was in CE and Anniversary.
If anything, it feels like the secret Project Black armor, worn by the team from the comic series.
Wasn't that called Bloodlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back