Drgnfyre4's Foam War Machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drgnfyre4

Here is a progress thread for my build up of War Machine out of foam. Thank you to Juice and Stealth for all the work on the files and Youtube how to videos from Theherotutorials!
IMG_20120329_022942.jpg

IMG_20120329_022653.jpg

This size of the shoulders is freaking bad ass!
IMG_20120329_171528.jpg

Back before I add some extra detail to it.
IMG_20120406_151019-2.jpg

Test fitting the parts so far. Its so light and comfy....makes me wish I had done my Master Chief out of foam!!
IMG_20120407_212541.jpg

made my own pattern for the ab section so it looked a bit more film accurate.
Below is a multi angle shot without all of the background clutter. Cant wait to start on the lower half and then get to the GUNS!!!
Warmachinetorsoangles1.jpg

got home from the gym last night and decided to just have a go at the helmet. Got it done in roughly five hours. Far from perfect, but not bad for the short time frame. I have a really nice resin cast helmet on its way to me this week, but this gives me something to mess around with until that arrives.
wmhelm1a.jpg

and a quick shot of it on. Not a bad fit at all!
wmhelm3a.jpg

Nice job on the helmet, unless you look really closely its hard to tell its made from foam, I think you pulled off one of the better looking foam buckets on here so far

I really liking everything you've done so far. War Machine is one of my fav's for sure.:D

Awesome build!!! War Machine is my favorite. Anyways, this should be good, can't wait to see your paint skillz on this one.

Tony

Thanks everyone. I think the one thing I am most stoked about this build is the comfort factor. I am in my mid forties and been costuming for YEARS, and armor has been harder and harder to wear for long periods of time at conventions as I just slow down and have more aches and pains. Foam however, is so light and soft its like not even having anything on me...I am so hooked on foam!

Nice work man. It is good to see that you have now been converted to the foam side. I must say it does have far more advantages over glassed armour. If you really think a foam build through and use the right tools you can achieve the same results but light and comfy as you said.

Its construction is amazing, congratulations!
Su construccion se ve increible, felicitaciones!

I'm excited to see how this goes. It's starting off just great!! Wonderful foam work.

-Matt

im debating if I want to bother putting lights into this temporary helmet as a way of practicing for when I do up the nice final one.

You're going to have to make some sort of Foam tutorial, because I can barely notice the difference with your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back