Strangeguy's Mk VI build (Agent Washington)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangeguy32000

I actually started work on this a few weeks ago, Thinking of maybe making Agent Washington from Red Vs. Blue. I've finished Pepping the Helmet and the left Forearm, though I'll probably re-do them with the HD models from the Pepakura pack: Here's what I've done so Far.

The Helmet is the one from Slyfo (I found it on the Costuming wiki)
25u7a1j.jpg

xm5ogx.jpg

zt96xd.jpg

The Forearm is the one from RoboGenesis (I found the file in the Pepakura pack)
I forgot to resize it the first time I built it (which is just as well, I used too thin a cardstock [65 lb] when I printed it)

zrbxj.jpg

34yef88.jpg

even with padding, that would've overtaken any handplate I would have put on the back of my hand.
23w0eqa.jpg

Resized it to 75% original size and, wouldn't ya know it, it fits.
20ruv6v.jpg

FPS with cardstock MJOLNIR armor and a Nerf gun.

gonna be a bit slow getting the parts Pepped. For most of the day, the printer is usually behind a locked door. I'm thinking of maybe buying a Printer from Goodwill instead of having to always wait until the room with the Printer is unlocked. I actually used to have my own printer, an old Dell 720 that came with my mom's old Dimension 2400 desktop. Not that it would matter if I still had it, thing only worked with my laptop which bit the dust back in January.

It would cost more, but it would save me the trouble of having to share Ink carts with a guy that would readily blame me for depleting HIS ink carts when HE's the one that prints more color projects out on it.

Always love seeing people make RED VS blue agents. GL! been thinging of making a halo 4 version of washington, but not till after i'm done my ODSP.

I'm gonna need a capture unit to go with my costume. Does anyone know if there's a PDO available for the deployable cover or Portable gravity lift? I know one of those two was used for the epsilon unit prior to Epsilon occupying a monitor in Season 7 as well as its minor appearance in Season 8 and I know the other one was used for the Capture unit later in season 8.

Im actually thinking of painting my mk vi suit a colour of one of the freelancers or characters, im stuck between york north wash grif and sarge :S

Thanks for the input. I bought a Printer yesterday with some of the proceeds from selling more of my Jurassic Park stuff. I expect I might be able to get back to work on the armor starting Wednesday. That is if I can buy a ream of Cardstock and Office paper between now and then.

On a side note, Volkov on the Halo Figures forum (I know he said he bought some of his armor from someone on here) has been giving me insight on the inner workings of the light system in the helmet, as well as how to mount the visor.

So the printer has arrived. I'm hard at work on some test builds with a $2.50 500-sheet ream of printer paper I bought at work.
I'm so small, I've had to reduce Robogenesis' HD handplate to 55% original size. I'll get size comparison pics up as soon as I get the new test handplate assembled

I love people who make Red vs Blue costumes! Agent Washington is my favourite freelancer, excluding Tex of course. :)
Also, kudos for both Roller Coaster Tycoon and Ghostbusters movies. Just sayin'.

Can't wait to see this all finished and painted up with Washington's colours.

And...how did you take that last picture? That's screwing with my head...

Y'see, the Nerf Longshot CS-6 has charging handles on either side that stick out a good 3 inches from the receiver. I just rested one of the charging handles on my hip, held the barrel with my left hand, stuffed socks in the Pepped-up armor, Held the camera in my right hand, and took the shot.

Y'see, the Nerf Longshot CS-6 has charging handles on either side that stick out a good 3 inches from the receiver. I just rested one of the charging handles on my hip, held the barrel with my left hand, stuffed socks in the Pepped-up armor, Held the camera in my right hand, and took the shot.

Ahaaa. Thank you for alleviating my curiosity. Now carry on with your most excellent costume building.

Since Photobucket/tinypic is acting stupid, I'm going to have to use Imageshack to upload build pics for now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Here is a comparison shot of the two test builds. The smaller of the two is the one that actually fits the back of my hand. You can also see my tools of choice (1 Swiss army Knife, 1 dull X-acto, and 1 sharp x-acto)

Here's a first person shot of the handplate test build thats actually scaled right (I'm also wearing the low Def Forearm)

and here's a shot of my gloved hand with the Test build thats too big.

If you're wondering how I secured the test builds to the back of my glove, I used doubled-over masking tape.

Work on the armor has ground to a crawl due to my work schedule and whatnot
Got one final handplate done, started on another. Recently started work on a Nerf Stampede ECS Conversion into functioning MA5-style AR Blaster.
As you can see, I've already blocked off the back part of the Carry handle (The front part will stay uncovered so I can retrieve errant darts) I'm not gonna add an Overlay onto the section as this is supposed to be an earlier model of the MA5 design (Still using outdated non bullpup clip system)

Just an update.
Lost the forearm and most of a Backhand armor build in a cleanup
still got plenty of Cardstock and I've still got my printer.
Just forgot about this project, Started Collecting Transformers.
Still got the built-up Backhand armor I built Six months ago, Obviously won't be able to complete this in time for the release of Halo 4 (though I'll probably be busy that day at work and/or Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back