Tribes: Ascend Helmets (W.I.P.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roku

I've shown everyone else and now i'll share the current progress with you guys here.

These are my first builds and they're the Blood Eagle and Diamond Sword Raider helmets from Hi-Rez Studio's games Global Agenda:Free Agent (flair you can purchase for your character) and there newly released Tribes:Ascend.

Edit - Fiberglass trimmed and ready for the next step.

Thank you for the help with respirators. :)

Next Step:Bondo/adding detail and a truck load of sanding (so i've heard)

Thanks in advance and i'll keep you all posted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Not really. In all actuality it would be best to get a respirator. This kind of mask is used for keeping the fiberglass and other particles from entering your mouth/ nose etcetera. A respirator scrubs the vapors before you inhale them. Most importantly you need to have a respirator suited for cleaning ORGANIC vapors. polyurethane is a very toxic and invasive chemical. Some like to go the easy way and run to the dollar store grab a mask, do their work in the middle of the yard and say the wind carries the vapors. Somewhat true, but you can NEVER have enough protection.

That respirator would be great for sanding, or even painting, but for the damage that fiberglass and bondo can cause, I would recommend to invest in a safer gas respirator. This is currently the one I use and it works great!
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3959146&kw=respirator&origkw=respirator
Also, make sure you are working outside or in a well-ventilated area such as an open garage to be safe.
Even though some respirators can be expensive, it is always better to spend more money for better safety.

Best of luck!

Thank you very much guys. I know that this hobby can be quite dangerous and can put your health at risk and thats the last thing i want to do.I work out side in the back yard so it's defiantly well ventilated but i still wear the mask that i have and i completely understand when it comes to safety.. I really appreciate your help and thank you for letting me know. I'll take a look at that respirator and see if i can find one similar if not the same.

Absolutely, no problem.
I don't exactly know what your project is from, but it looks very cool and I can't wait to see it done!
Best of luck in your future!

Quick update: Sanding....sanding,sanding and more sanding with a bit of bondo here and there for the Blood eagle helmet. The Diamond Sword helmet is currently bondo free. I'm either going to start the DS helmet once i have a smooth coat of bondo on the Blood Eagle or i'm going to completely finish it and have it ready for paint before i start on the Diamond Sword.

I apologize i'm not updating here very often,click here for updates.

I'm always updating there with pics. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an older thread, but I'm gonna post anyway:

I'm not familiar with tribes ascend by any means, but your helmets look sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back