My fiance's first suit of armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omophagy1010

Hello 405th, My fiance and i started building her armor 4 months ago. being a guitar builder myself, i knew i could do it, so i gave it a shot. for my first build with foam its not bad, i am learning new tricks and tips as i read. i've always worked with wood, but never foam, paper, resin and bondo, so dont be to harsh! here are some pix of the build. go to my fiance's profile to see her vid's on the build. "Astia 317537" is her 405th user name.

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0183.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

its all about scale work. lots of pix and measurements! half the time i held a ruler up to her body for an idea of how it would look. but i guess it came out ok. yours came out great, i saw your thread a few days ago but couldnt reply cuz registration was down

I don't have any help making mine so I guess you have her as model and do the test fit while making it does help a lot. Thanks for the info.

Looks fantastic! at first when i saw the handplates i thought they were too small, but on you, they look perfectly sized... only thing is though, you have to turn them 90 degrees... looks fantastic though!

don't tell me this is your first build. it's way too good to be a first build. the foam work is excellent and i love the paint job. you did all this in 4 months? i barely get a helmet built in that time. keep up the great work, you've got some great skills now, i can't imagine how good you'll get :) ...

ps. where did you find those gloves? they look aces...

It is definitely an awesome build. I especially like the AR you did. It looks like the sizing is almost perfect, dude this is an awesome build!

Thanks everyone, but its all true. 2 people, 4 months, lots of foam, and a life size model to work with! I know the hand plates are backwards, but she is wearing male hand plates, she liked the way they looked backwards. as for the gloves, WALMART!!!!! motorcycle riding gloves. but the AR is really a NERF RECON. I took the box it came in and used it for the extra detail. but thanks again everyone, lets see how my next build goes as im still learning

Hello, I am always surprised to see construction of foam, great job guys

Hola, siempre me sorprende ver construcciones de espuma, excelente trabajo chicos

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh502/omophagy1010/HaloHelmet12.jpg[IMG]

Well, the helmet is finished, i peped and fiber rezed it, added padding, a fan, and vht nightshaded the visor. its funny how much stuff you learn from other peoples threads. its a bit big on her but oh well.... it still works for a first build i guess haha

Armor looks fantastic!! Great foam work, especially for your first build. :) Helmet looks great too, and yeah it looks a little big, but thats still ok. you need to post a pic with the helmet and the armor on together, it will probably make the size of the helmet fit better. Everything is great i cant wait to see more :)
+1 to subscription!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back