Mass Effect N7 Pepakura Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after getting ME3 I was completely taken with the urge to construct my very own shepard armor. Seeing as there are no ME3 n7 pep files available I went ahead and pep'ed up the files I found for ME2 armor instead, I figure that later I can charge our parts to make it look more like ME3, such as switching the shoulders, and lower chest part along with other subtle changes.

I have yet to see a single hard suit from mass effect (not saying they aren't out there) but I plan to negate the mobility issues I hear reported by splitting the lower chest and back sections into smaller pieces, and then strapping them together to allow them to glide over each other, much like a suit of real armor would do.

Well here we have it, everything I have done so far. I'm not done resining and fiber glassing the whole suit, although every piece has at least one coat of resin on the outside. i have started the bondo process on the knee guards at the moment. I'm getting really busy with finals coming up and work picking up as well so hopefully I can find time to finish the glassing phase before too long.
2012-04-13_19-34-53_4.jpg

2012-04-13_19-35-14_503.jpg

Thank you to everyone here at the 405th, you guys taught me so much just by letting me browse your threads. I know this isn't a halo build but I hope it's okay, just wanted to show what you all inspired me to start work on! Hope its up to par!

Edit:
Files Used
Can be found here:http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36186-N7-Pep-Armour-Unfolded.?p=602173#post602173

If you desire Mass effect 3 peps, try my unfold here
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37660-Mass-Effect-3-N7-Armor-Unfolded-Pepakura!

Wow! it looks really great! i like your plan with cutting up the spine for mobility, i never thought of that as a problem. i did see sevral N7 hardsuits just afew weeks ago at Anime boston, one in perticular was extreemly well done, there were LED lights down the back, gun, the whole shebang. i unfortunately didnt get the chance to talk to him, but i did get some nice pictures if youd like to take a look for possible ideas while you work twoards the suits completion!

Nice! I agree with you it is good to see a ME2 suit done in Pep for a change. Which by the way your pepakura work is really really good. The chest piece looks extremely smooth and clean! Keep up the good work, can't wait for your next update on it.

From what I can tell, you pepped the suit fairly well. It'd be easier to tell if there were more close ups, but it looks nice! You seem to be working pretty fast, which is nice to see from a viewer's standpoint. Good luck with glassing the rest of your suit and the bondo, I'm sure it'll turn out very nice! Looks great so far.

Wonderful construction and pepping. The main amount of the suit is really well done, and I remember when I tried on my friends suit. He had pepped his entire hardsuit, and I remember him saying something about replacing the abdominal armor with segments, then covering it in EVA foam for better mobility. Don't know if that will help, but I'm really looking forward to this being finished :D

I just finished my second layer of bondo on my blood dragon helmet. It looks awful. How much would you charge to do it because my art skills are compared to a child doing calculus.

I applaud your efforts in making this despite the mobility issues. Foam is great and all but nothing beats the look of a well finished and painted pep piece.

Got more done.

Everything is resined now, in fact the last few pieces are setting up now.
resined.jpg

I thought I would share a better pic of the rediculously detailed for arm... attachments. As you can see I cut the forarm sections in two. they are extremely skinny and would not work as one piece, they are just way too small. I had to tack the top details onto the base of the arm with small bits of paper until was resined, since it was modeled as a completely separate part.
2012-04-21_12-35-53_645.jpg

But I noticed this as I was examining the chest piece and saw this. As you may be able to see from the pic, its warped a bit and doesnt match up quite right. the center back thing has rotated a bit and the alignment of the sides is off. I just cut the center piece apart from the middle and am currently attempting to fix it by re-resining a bit and using weight to reshape it while it sets.
2012-04-29_13-04-56_133.jpg

Hope it works as a fix otherwise Im not sure what to do. may end up re-peping that part of the back.

omni Blade!!!

Well It's been a while since my last update, sorry about that! Current job situation has not let me pursue my project like I would enjoy but oh well, such is life. My suit hasn't had much done to it, still sitting all glassed up and waiting for a ton of bondo work, however I have been working on the omni blade weapon and It is coming along nicely. Working on a full suit may have been a bit more than I can bite off at the moment but I swear I'll get it done sometime...

Here are the pics:
The bondo work on the chestplate.
2012-06-10_16-33-51_266.jpg

Omni blade all peped and ready to go.
2012-06-06_14-33-06_975.jpg

Bought some 3/8" polycarbonate from amazon to work as a base to attach the "holographic" sections to. I'm hoping the clear poly will make it look more like the game model then just using tinted plastics with etchings of the tool (not to say that it wasn't well done!). The only omniblade I have seen on google doensn't have open clear areas and I'm hoping this doesn't backfire on me...
2012-06-06_14-31-36_14.jpg

Cut out with my dremel tool... not the prettiest work ever...
2012-06-06_20-45-12_642.jpg

After putting a layer of resin on it, the paper (as expected) still is not rigid enough. I don't think I'll be able to use fiberglass since there isn't any areas that won't be seen, so I drilled holes in the sections of the tool that are hollow and poured more resin inside. So far so good, much more rigid and should be able to bondo soon!
2012-06-10_16-27-45_304.jpg

2012-06-10_16-29-03_791.jpg

Hope it all goes well. I might have another post up later tonight.

I am curious about he Omni Blade as well. I have the Pep file, but looking at doing up templates, and getting it laser cut/etched on acrylic, and heat shaping it.

if you are talking about the omni blade, it's a file by Pep Master. Look at the pepakura gallery online, or google "mass effect 3 armor pepakura" and the first result will give you the site where I got the omni blade from.

Thanks man, I do appreciate it.

I'm so dumb as not found by more that I searched for hours for good I hope will be trouble if you could go to download

I'm so dumb as not found by more that I searched for hours for good I hope will be trouble if you could go to download

I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure what you are saying, but its all good. I gather my instructions were of no help to you? I'm not sure if we are supposed to post links to external websites but I didn't see anything in the rules section so here goes. The omniblad can be found here:http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/gallerydetails.php?id=812

I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure what you are saying, but its all good. I gather my instructions were of no help to you? I'm not sure if we are supposed to post links to external websites but I didn't see anything in the rules section so here goes. The omniblad can be found here:http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/gallerydetails.php?id=812

apology if I understand but use the google translator, I am very bad with languages ​​hehe what am saying is do not look for files that you told me it would be possible that you raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back