Noble 6 Custom DONE! PICS PAGE 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is seriously incredible! I was thinking of attempting a Foam suit after I complete my Juggernaut (also foam) but I had no idea where to start. So you used 10mm foam and camping mats? and no templates? Dude, you are on fire :D It really is incredible what some people create when they put their time into it, seriously well done! I'm subscribing to this thread, keep up the good work!

This is seriously incredible! I was thinking of attempting a Foam suit after I complete my Juggernaut (also foam) but I had no idea where to start. So you used 10mm foam and camping mats? and no templates? Dude, you are on fire :D It really is incredible what some people create when they put their time into it, seriously well done! I'm subscribing to this thread, keep up the good work!

Thanks buddy, always nice to see people appreciate my work :)
your correct on materials, i used 10mm EVA foam and 3mm thick camping mat foam. I'm also now using craft foam to cover over some pieces so give a smoother details and add extra definition to parts.

The helmet was made using pep files but I did make some modification to those however yes the whole chest piece is totally custom built with nothing mre than pen, some paper and a ruler haha.

I need however to rebuild the helmet using files provided by Thorn 696 as now the chest is built my current helmet is too small :(
Not to worried about that though building helmets with foam is pretty easy tbh, A lot easier than pep, fibre glass, bondo etc lol

I had a look through your work as well on the Juggernaut Suit, its looking damn good man!!

Thanks for the compliment, but my Juggernaut is nothing compared to the other foam builds out there :D
Question about your cuts, did you cut all the pepakura pieces separatly or did you link certain pieces together?

yh the file i used for the helmet did have mostly linked together templates to make life easier and also reduce amount of visible joins. And while custom building the chest i've linked pretty much all my handmade templates as well. just makes life easier i think and creates some really nice smooth curved edges :)

This is great! Seeing all the wonderful things pop up here made out of foam makes it hard to decide what to make next! I'm still working on my elite but I need a costume for myself and I am on the fence on what to make. I'll keep watching this develop and get better and better to see if it convinces me to go with a spartan! great job! oh and I also love seeing another person use their own ingenuity to make templates for pieces. Keeps me inspired. Great work again and I'll be keeping an eye on this!

@ XxDrxNinjaxX - thanks man, I need to check up on your build progress haven't looked recently, hows it going? last i looked you had most of the legs and cod done i believe? seriously good work on your part still by far the most impressive bit of work i've seen :)

@ Road Kill - thanks for the kind words glad you like my work :)

UPDATE TIME!
I've had a few days off work so really should of cracked on with building but instead decided to drink a little too much beer. But now i've sobered up i got some work done!! lol

So i wanted to see how with my arm seals in place the bicep would work. So i built one! ok its not complete but its still being worked on. I also changed the arm seals from my last update to be more practical than aesthetically pleasing. By using camping foam i have more room to move and a more comfortable fit but It doesn't really look as bulky and probably not 100% accurate to the way it looks, but meh! this is my build and i'll do what I please :D
Also you'll notice the addition of the neck guard, this is made from craft foam and later will be covered in a fake leather to make it look a little nicer. Oh and the fake leather is from a coat thats been stuffed under my desk at work for like the past month so if its your coat and your reading this then well tuff shouldn't have left it there!

I've also recently got the files for the MK7 Iron Man suit which I've been fighting temptation to begin on. But I will start on those... but only when this build is done!

anyway here's some pretty pictures :)

eb441b7e.jpg
[/IMG]

28bd8154.jpg
[/IMG]
(i'm squishy!) just to remind me that thats a squishy piece... god knows why :p

23536f6a.jpg
[/IMG]

MORE SOOOOON

Haha "I'm Squishy". Looking great so far, I would take a closer look at those Biceps though, they look a little square for the shape, but nothing a little heat can't fix :D

Yh it is a bit rounder than it looks there. The picture isn't brilliant but it was also incomplete at that point. I've got it finished now though so will post up some pictures tomorrow now. Thanks for the tip mate I'm goin to reheat it abit more to get it nice and rounded :)

And Drack I thought you were squishy? Haha :p Thanks matey can't wait to show you

Today I got my right gauntlet done. The picture of me wearing it was kinda hard to take as the other half went and took the mac with her today so I was on my own trying to get a picture on my iPhone in the mirror. Getting into the gear on your own is also pretty hard work!

So when she returns I'll get a nice picture done on photo booth :)
Please also note the bicep piece is not going to look like that as I'm working on a shoulder pad to plonk on top of it!

Here's some pretty pictures for your viewing pleasure:
79fd7b73.jpg

b0ccf3ac.jpg

ebcae7f1.jpg

STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

Starting to look really good bro! Can't wait to see both arms all done :)

as promised lades and gentle men here are some better pictures of the arm pieces and this time with the addition of a shoulder pad, I know its riding a little low at the moment but with no padding and no strapping all I've got to to hold it in place is my jumper. Its not a very good method :D

Photoon17-05-2012at1301.jpg

Photoon17-05-2012at13022.jpg

GRRRRRRRR
Photoon17-05-2012at1303.jpg

Why you!!!!!
Photoon17-05-2012at13032.jpg

Not sure i'll update with the left arm progress as it's going to be pretty much the same, only difference will be i'm making a scratch built gauntlet (I have a secret plan but i'm not sharing until the pictures of it are posted!!)

Until then toooodddlllleeesssss!

Looking good.

Thanks matey, I've got the files from your thread for the shoulder pads and also the helmet so will be rebuilding the helmet using the new file soon I should think. Unless I finish the rest of it first ten redo the helmet. Not sure which way round I'll do it yet loll

Looking great! Way better than my foam work haha. I shall be using this as a reference when I start my armor sometime after the Elite. quick question, what is the blue stuff I see on the edges up top there?? Is it just the glue catching the light or is it a filler? Either way looks great and I am on the edge of my chair waiting for more!

Looking great! Way better than my foam work haha. I shall be using this as a reference when I start my armor sometime after the Elite. quick question, what is the blue stuff I see on the edges up top there?? Is it just the glue catching the light or is it a filler? Either way looks great and I am on the edge of my chair waiting for more!

Thanks mate and your work is fine, in answer to your question its foam from a camping mat. I'm sure you guys have them in the states, if you do grab one because it's really flexible and durable and comes in handy for bits where you need mobility eg the arm seal.

I've just finished building the left arm, particularly my super secret left gauntlet. But I'm waiting for one last thing to come in the post to attach to the gauntlet before I show it off. So stay tuned for that update!

Thanks mate and your work is fine, in answer to your question its foam from a camping mat. I'm sure you guys have them in the states, if you do grab one because it's really flexible and durable and comes in handy for bits where you need mobility eg the arm seal.

I've just finished building the left arm, particularly my super secret left gauntlet. But I'm waiting for one last thing to come in the post to attach to the gauntlet before I show it off. So stay tuned for that update!

Nah not on the torso. On the forarm. It looks like blue glue haha. on all the seams and such. The suspense is killing me. haha

Ah I'm with you now. Its glue that was excess and seeped through the joins and then heated and smoothed out. The benefit of that is though that if there's any gaps then you can smooth the glue into the gap and fill it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back