Noble 6 Custom DONE! PICS PAGE 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok update time. Here's my secret project. It's a custom built iPhone gauntlet. Or a gauntlet of my design with an iPhone case glued in. It was an idea I had to solve the problem of no pockets while being suited up.
Yes I know it needs a little work to make it sit right but here it is so far, I couldnt not show it off now the phone holder is in place. When I get proper access to te computer I'll post up a picture of me wearing both arms which are now 99% complete...ish and the chest plus helm. Currently also working on te cod piece so that's coming soon.
Ok here we go, comments welcome but as I said its not fully done yet.

2c189ac1.jpg

34899d7f.jpg

be1551ae.jpg

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g4.jpg

Sorry bout the lack of clothes but someone's turned the sun up, it's damn hot here!!!

Just thought I'd add a quick update on what it now called "GruntFinder" I've added a foam cover to close off the compartment and pretty soon I'm going to butcher some old things from the spare room to create a catch and spring mechanism so all I need to do is press the lid and it pops open to reveal my phone.

3522704f.jpg

f659032a.jpg

10d1560d.jpg

Comments welcome. Internets down for a few days so as soon as I can I'll get a post up showing the whole upper body so far and hopefully the cod piece by then too

Looks a little big compared to your arm size, but I haven't seen it with the rest of the armor, but great looking so far :D

Looking good bro. I can second that because I have seen it in person and said the same thing until I got him to suit up in what he has made so far and it matches the rest. I will say though you need some elbow pads or something cause you will have this massive armour and skinnyish arms in the gaps.

Cheers dude. I was thinking the same thing but rather than making some obvious pads I thought instead about padding out the elbows in the undersuit. Not sure how I'll do it yet.

EPIC! All I need to say. I am of course going to say more haha. I love the idea and it reminds me of the tactical pads available in reach. Maybe to make the gaps go away, instead of filling them, you could make a border that emulates one of the in game ones? Just an idea and either way it is awesome, functional, original, and going to be copied by hundreds. I will be the first to admit I will use this design when I get around to my armor! Great work!!

Update time!
Ok this is the first time I've seen myself in this much of my suit before. I'm feelin rather pleased with myself right now :)

Here's some pics!

bd6eecb5.jpg

b2b110b7.jpg

b70d48e5.jpg

e4874c23.jpg

I think it's looking good! What do you think?

Work left to do:
Legs (in progress)
Boots
Gloves (fingerless on order)
Hand plate
Belly and back plate
Remake helmet
Detail work
Pre paint work
Paint
Electronics
Strapping
Undersuit.

Haha sounds a lot when you see it like that :p

Sounds like a lot but steady work will make it go by fast! I am super impressed with how well you make foam look. I can't help but agree with Drack on the elbow pads. If you want bulky I know home depot and lowes have nice knee pads and then any sports store should have some decent elbow ones. Oh like the action shot with the "gauntlet pad" haha I updated my elite thread! Check it out if you don't mind. Keep up the great work and I shall be waiting for more posts!

Again thanks for your input buddy.
I'm going to be making some elbow pads but as part of the undersuit, luckily the knee pads are kind of part of the shin so that's all good.

I have briefly checked out your thread but been busy to reply this is my first free 5 mins on te forum in a few days lol

Will go back for another look in a mo

I understand the time thing man haha. I have been swamped over here in the states with school just ending. That means lugging around my brother and sister wherever I go. If you don't have time to check it out don't worry about it haha. Just need it to be bumped because I keep editing the older posts haha.

Lol I was actually going to reply last night but the band I was working with were a pain in the ass!
Your elite is looking good I just want to see it worn.
Good luck with school mate :)

im not one for the design in particular, but it is ingenious and a great idea! the rest of the suite looks great so far! and i know your pain of the list, i dread thinking of mine! so much work to do, but a warm summer should shorten it considerably! keep up the work dude!

Thanks Darth, I wanted to keep it pretty simple design wise with some themes from te standard gauntlet with the focus being the phone holder.
Tbh warm summer will mean less productivity from me. I'm a cold weather person my body kinda shuts down in heat as I can't deal with it well lol

haha! i forgot your builds made of foam when i posted! haha, well i guess weather wont matter much for you then! it does to me because once the cold hits, my armor will be at a dead stop! so i am really pushing to have everything atleast ready for paint by the end the season!

Lookin good man. Why is it when i try focusing on finishin my pep resin bondo suit all i see is amazing foam work such as this and all i want to do is make my reach outta foam. To bad ive got a mk vi that i wanna finish for halo 4 haha. But looking great man. Keep up the brilliant work, i know one of the five people ill be stalking for foam building now. Haha.
Keanu

@Darth- good luck keeping to your schedule, I'm sure you'll do fine :) and I can't wait to see how you get on!

@keanu- thanks for the feed back mate, it's always good to get some compliments on my work. I looked at your build and it's goin well frOm what I could see.
If you need any help when you get started with foam then feel free to ask away. I made a basic foam tutorial too which is here somewhere, assuming that's the level your at with foam but judging by your work so far I'm sure you'll do fine :)
Foams easy to work with!

Thanks,
Mike

Aye mike. Yeah ive never worked with foam. I foun out one of my mates has been making an iron man and didnt tell anyone bout it so at least if you cant help i may be able to get him to help. I look forward to the day when your suits complete. It will be a site to behold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back