Halo Reach Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

recklessMrS

0421021831.jpg
0417020647.jpg

About a year back i started here on the 405th and i had made both a Mark 5 and a Halo Reach knife and sheath and just recently since its the end of the school year i have made time to work on my latest project which if a wooden knife and sheath. i havent finished the sheath yet but the knife is all done and looking sexy if you ask me. I made sure to color the blade gold because ive got alot of kills with it (call of duty joke). tell me what you think about it and how i can improve on my work. Thx!

You did a fairly good job on this. Try to add more little details, like grip and rivets and stuff. That makes the whole piece come together and look far better. Looks good though! Good job on the wood work. Wood work is so impressive to me, because I can never do it right.

Thanks for the tips i rushed into the project because i knew i didn't have alot of time but i am thinking about makeing another one with more detail ill keep it updated and I'm working on the sheath right now but I'm not entirelly surehow i am going to hallow it out to get the blade in there I'm going through some ideas

Thanks for the tips i rushed into the project because i knew i didn't have alot of time but i am thinking about makeing another one with more detail ill keep it updated and I'm working on the sheath right now but I'm not entirelly surehow i am going to hallow it out to get the blade in there I'm going through some ideas

you would probably find it easier to sandwich a thin strip that would sit all around the blade (as in cut the shape of the blade out of the center of the sandwiched bit of wood with a border left around it) between two thin strips of wood, thus making a hollow pocket inside that the knife could slide into. just my two cents... great job on the knife though. loving the shape of the blade :)

GREAT knife just for eyeballing it! but if you want more accurate results, try to trace a blueprint or something like it onto it because in my opinion, the blade looks too bent foward. But thats just my perfectionist part of me kicking in :p Im assuming that you made this with a dremel? really good! and for the sheath, you could always do a sandwich as stilus was saying, (which I think is the best option) or you can try to carve a pocket out of one of the flat sides and add a cover on it last.... If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back