MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is that quick and simple foam molding tutorial, pretty straight forward :D
Hope it helps

faommolding.jpg

Refer to the last photo in the previous update for a basic idea of what to do also :D

@ Sepheus: Yes, that is plenty of foam I am using, not to mention covering materials, combat vests, and other assorted goodies. Right no, I'm measuring in at around 14 pounds of foam, just the foam, not including the major outer collar, but hopefully I will get some sort of cooling system installed. Keep checking up for updates man, over & out :D

@ Road Kill: Thanks man, glad to see some people are following this :D

M60e4 Update #1

Seeing as I won't be posting in the Weapons forum any time soon, I'll post some update pics right here:D

The M60e4 is the signature Juggernaut weapon. Produced since the Vietnam war, the M60e4 is a high caliber and very deadly weapon. I will be attempting to build it out of wood, EVA foam, and sheet metal.

blueprints for the barrel assembly:
barrelblueprint.jpg

More blueprints with wood measurements.:
doublewoodbar.jpg

recieverblueprint.jpg

The ironsight:
m60sight.jpg

Thats it for now boys, keep following me, and remember: If it isn't on the front page.. go back afew :D

Update 5 :D

Not much for the updates for now, but I will have more probably later, dang school is really taking a toll on my construction time. What you're seeing in this update is some work on the Cod pieces. They were cut from EVA foam and covered in burlap, and now I'm making sling mount for them. When I was firt mounting them, I realized there was some... *ehem* bounce to the back plate due to my legs moving, so I'm attaching an elastic velcro piece through my crotch area to keep that to a minimum. Again, more updates for later enjoy :D

Mounting elastic mounts... fun :D
dscn8649.jpg

Preliminary mounts finished. I realized that the fanny-pack covers the mount rings, yahoo :D

dscn8650.jpg

More updates later guys :D

Update 4.5

Remember, I appreciate all kinds of criticism, and I would love to hear what you think of the build, please, I'm starting to get the feeling no one care anymore, but I just gotta keep telling myself that that's because there are new and exciting threads to look at, enough with the sob-story, onto the updates!

I'm calling this update 4.5 because of the slight changes and completions I did today. Not much has happened since my last update, mostly I finished up with the Cod pieces and their strapping and did some more work on the M60e4, not to mention attaching the net-like material to the chest plate. Thinking of starting prep for paint tomorrow, so on and so forth, and going to Goodwills for assorted items I need.

Chest Piece comparison;

meshburlap.jpg

Finished netting;

dscn8651.jpg

dscn8652.jpg

Just notice the cool effect the netting gives, nice :D

Again guys, even if it's criticism or suggestions, I would like to hear what you guys think of the suit, it keeps me sane :D

check up tomorrow for more updates, peace!

Dude, don't even think for a second that no one cares about this! You've already made tremendous progress, and I for one cannot wait to see you get more done on this project. Keep it up man, you're doing great!

Wow this is going fantastic so far! I can't wait to see how this turns out. Once you have the top half done I'm dying for a picture of it all together! Keep it up

-Dylan

Noice man! Makin great progress!
And lol @ using my helmet as your profile picture

Yeah, you've always been an inspiration to me, so it's an honor to have you quote on this. Not to shabby work on your helmets yourself!

@Surr3nder & Hidog; Thanks for all the confidence, it's not that I don't think people care anymore, I just think this gets lost easily in the new armor submissions. Here's hoping for the best!

I know the feeling man, sometimes i post updates late at night then when i check in the morning its buried two pages deep with no comments. Don't worry though you already have 4 pages of comments and some from our more skilled armourers

I know the feeling man, sometimes i post updates late at night then when i check in the morning its buried two pages deep with no comments. Don't worry though you already have 4 pages of comments and some from our more skilled armourers
Completely true man :D

If anyone has any experience with burlap (fabric) and could help me out, I would be very grateful. I need to write letters onto the burlap cod pieces so they are visible, but I don't know how, could someone who has knowledge of this PM me or reply here? It would be a lot of help.

If anyone has any experience with burlap (fabric) and could help me out, I would be very grateful. I need to write letters onto the burlap cod pieces so they are visible, but I don't know how, could someone who has knowledge of this PM me or reply here? It would be a lot of help.

You could just cut out a stencil on cardstock and spray paint it on, the paint will cover the burlap with no problem.

I originally opted for that, but when I tested it, the corrosive chemicals made the Burlap weaken :C
So I went with the classic Sharpie approach. Waterproof and permanent, and it made a great lettering system :D
Thanks for the suggestion though, check back soon for another update!

I originally opted for that, but when I tested it, the corrosive chemicals made the Burlap weaken :C
So I went with the classic Sharpie approach. Waterproof and permanent, and it made a great lettering system :D
Thanks for the suggestion though, check back soon for another update!

Heh, I too have had to resort to the sharpie for small details like that. Ya know, you could still do the stencil and just use acrylic paint instead of spray. Its not corrosive, and it'll still look better than sharpie (in my opinion).

Heh, I too have had to resort to the sharpie for small details like that. Ya know, you could still do the stencil and just use acrylic paint instead of spray. Its not corrosive, and it'll still look better than sharpie (in my opinion).

Wellll, yes. Would look better. :) However, the acrylic paint would crack and rub off (making it look spotty) of burlap because of its flexibility. There is fabric paint, which would work....it isn't too expensive, either. Barring that, Sharpies are your strongest. Just don't try ink--it has a tendency to absorb and spread through any clothing fibres, essentially ruining your design (learned this the very hard way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back