MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and replies. Not much has happened today, but I did finish a back-up chest plate in case the one I covered gets ruined. Also I just ordered a chest rig from Airsplat, looks just like the one in the picture below;

dmoverwatch0001.jpg

Once I get it (sometime next week) I'll begin sizing and shaping of the straps! Wish me luck, and have a good evening :D

The Heat knife I used is called an "Walnut Hollow" Versa-Tool. It comes with the tool, and several (10) attachments, I do suggest purchasing extra blades, as you will want to switch them out for every 100 cuts or so. The Versa-Tool by itself should run you about $30 and can be found in most craft stores. I suggest Michael's. I tried a few different models on foam before, but the Versa-Tool seems to be the most durable. Hope I helped, and amazing Elite progress by the way!

Juggernaut Update #6

I have to know if you are gonna put "Get Some" on there? :p

... Oh yes I am.

Welcome to the 6th update of my Foam Juggernaut Build. As expected, I have completed most of the cutting, and I am now measuring things out for the final suit. Many straps will be used, not to mention plenty of Velcro. I finished the Cod pieces, including the comedic phrase "Get sum" on the front, and "Lost Count" on the back. I was going to wait for the rest of the suit to be primed first, but just for -7th Brigadier Walker- I have some pictures right here for you guys, enjoy!

Front Cod:
dscn8657r.jpg

Bringin' up the rear:
dscn8656u.jpg

And last but certainly not least, what has been finished as of this point:

dscn8655.jpg

Check back soon for more posts, and remember, if it isn't on the front page, go look for it lol :D

Looking snazzy as always! Any plans on bulking yourself up while in the suit? (Im talking foam in the sleeves here, not anabolic strroids XD)

No plans as of right now, I would probably bake in the heat LOL. I fill out the suit nicely, and all the Armor makes me bulked up as it is, no no padding as of right now.

*(drools over self!!) so seriously awesome!!!!! the loincloth is seriously funny!!!! XD the only thing im dyeing to see is how the helmet turns out! if its as awesome as the rest of your work, i think im gonna have a heart attach!!

Thanks for all the positivity guys! Just learned that my Chest Rig was shipped today, so I should get it next week, which means more weathering! Yay :D

If anyone has a tutorial on weathering or distressing heavy fabric, I would be grateful. I have one, but I don't know if it will work well on the rig's fabric.

... Oh yes I am.

Welcome to the 6th update of my Foam Juggernaut Build. As expected, I have completed most of the cutting, and I am now measuring things out for the final suit. Many straps will be used, not to mention plenty of Velcro. I finished the Cod pieces, including the comedic phrase "Get sum" on the front, and "Lost Count" on the back. I was going to wait for the rest of the suit to be primed first, but just for -7th Brigadier Walker- I have some pictures right here for you guys, enjoy!

Front Cod:
dscn8657r.jpg

Bringin' up the rear:
dscn8656u.jpg

And last but certainly not least, what has been finished as of this point:

dscn8655.jpg

Check back soon for more posts, and remember, if it isn't on the front page, go look for it lol :D

It shoude say "GET OVER HERE"
But for now it "GET SUM"

Long-Awaited Update #7!!!

Almost a week since my last update on this beast? Wow, while waiting for this rig, I guess it really slipped my mind :D . Well, for all you patient folks out there, here it is! Update 7 of my Foam Modern Warfare 2 Juggernaut suit! Thank you again for being so patient for this update, even if it was only 5 days :/
The first new thing I would like to introduce you to is the Condor 7P Tactical Chest rig! Made of super-strong nylon and kevlar, the Condor 7P was the prime choice for the build. When I first received it, I was surprised at the size, but I soon learned that size matters :D

Here you go, some pictures of the Condor 7P Tac-Chest rig:

dscn8664.jpg

3/4th view:
dscn8660.jpg

Frontal pockets:
dscn8665.jpg

Side drop-pouches for expended (used) magazines:
dscn8666.jpg

Radio and Misc. pouch for smaller and more important items:
dscn8668.jpg

And finally, a Teaser shot of what's been finished and painted as of this time!
dscn8659p.jpg

dscn8663k.jpg

Keep checking back for more updates, and have a great day!

EDIT: I was staring at the shoulder pads for some time, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to mount them. I was thinking a T-strap with velcro attachments to the chest rig shoulder strap (Not the Condor, the netting)
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a cleaner fit without altering the jumpsuit.

Update #8 :)

Alright boys and girls, now for this weeks update:
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, with school finals, work, and family issues, work on the suit has been... less than what I've been wanting, but I bring you fresh updates today! First off, I would like to say that the majority of painting and sanding is done on the suit... that is, on the arm-armor. Nevertheless, I think it's looking pretty good. Today I also went down to my local Army Surplus store, and bought me some combat boots! My suit is going to have an off tan hue to it, and they had just what I was looking for. More updates tomorrow, but here ya go!

Sanding and painting of armored plates:

Hint: Use your handy-dandy dremil for this part, really speeds up the process!
dscn8669a.jpg

dscn8670.jpg

dscn8678b.jpg

The Combat Boots:

In the car on the way home :D
dscn8671.jpg

Out of the box:
dscn8680.jpg

And whats done as of now:

dscn8675a.jpg

Check in tomorrow for more updates guys, and thanks for all the support!

Update 8.5

Sorry for the double post, but it was lost in the pages :D

Today is a ".5" update since not much happened, I had some laughs, and I literally had some cries, but it's all in the name of completion. Today was possibly one of the most disappointing days I have had, if not the worst. I started off doing some extensive strapping work on the chest plate and back plate, finished the back plate's painting, and hooked it all together... Only to realize that the plates were interrupted by the tactical vest. After trying my best to salvage the whole set, I decided to just cut the entire thing down (the straps) and just try again, but the failure I had with the straps just kept me too down to complete anything else, so I did some improvements in some places, and tried to think of a way to mount the back plate separately from the front plate... sigh, progress :'(

First off today I finished the sanding on all of the armor parts I have finished:
dscn8682p.jpg

And the finished sanded pieces:
dscn8683z.jpg

Clamping the Gorilla Glue on the original straps... sigh, so much time wasted :(
dscn8684e.jpg

Some scrap fore-arm plates for rollerblading are being repurposed (hopefully) for mounts for the fore-arm:
dscn8685w.jpg

And everything I have finished so far, from left to right;
Upper Row: Tactical vest, Back plate, Boots, Jumpsuit, Inner Collar 2 piece, Chest plate

Lower Row: Cod Piece, Fanny pack, Shoulders, Fore-arms, Elbow pads

*Not shown; Knee pads
dscn8686p.jpg

Had an Idea for mounting the back plate on a backpack, but if you guys have any suggestions, please comment below, remember, I enjoy criticism!

It's not as much space as you think, often I find myself tearing my hair out because I'm so cramped lol. Remember, it's not how much space you have but what you do with it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back