Dragonmaster525's T-45d Power Armor build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmaster525

Hello 405th, this is my first topic on the forums! I am starting to document a project I have been working on for some time now, the T-45d power armor from Fallout 3. I started this project last labor day as a costume for Halloween. I made a quick and dirty suit using Roadwarriors pep files, and although my suit was wearable for Halloween, it was not very comfortable and didn't hold together well. Based on the experiences from the last suit I am remaking the armor with a mixture of Roadwarriors files and some that I have made myself. I am aiming to make a con quality suit using a mixture of pep and foam armor pieces.

All of the pieces built.

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

The legs are the main focus of my project right now. I want all of my armor pieces to articulate together in a realistic way. I think I have done a pretty good job with the knee joint. Right now it has good mobility and is very easy to walk around in.

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

A quick update:

After test fitting, I have decided to remake some of the pieces out of foam.

Here is a newly created bicep piece.

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

And here is a pic of a test fit of all the completed pieces so far. The mobility in the legs is great, almost full range of motion. The arms on the otherhand are terrible. When wearing the armor on both arms, I can't touch my hands together. I think i am going to redo the chest in foam, and maybe 10% smaller.

IMAG0226.jpg

thats brilliant man, i've been a fallout fan since the beginning and i've always wanted to see some real power armour! very impressed with your work :)

Another update:

Both legs and the groin are finished. After doing multiple test fits, I have concluded that i am going to have to remake the chest piece, and probably the arms. Gonna start on the chest tonight, and I'll post some pics once it is finished.

IMAG0234.jpg

[Update] Finished the new chest piece. I decided to make it out of foam this time around. I also made it 11% smaller. This new chest piece is so much lighter and comfortable compared to my glassed chest. Foam armor is awesome.

Next I will be remaking the arms, and scaling them down for a better fit.

I would love to get some more feedback, and some constructive critiques on pieces I could improve.

IMAG0237.jpg

hey man that looks really good so far, but that bicep looks pretty huge lol. I like the connected leg joints, good work there. you should post this up over at the wasteland outpost too, those guys would also dig it.

So I just realized that I never posted anymore updates to this thread. I did manage to finish my suit for Dragon*Con, and I had a blast wearing it around the con. I can't wait to go to another con, and also make some improvements on my suit.

This one one of the last update pics I took, some time in mid August.
IMAG0255_zpsae6c923b.jpg

This is pic of the finished suit, although I still need to add a lot of detail to make it better.
IMAG0448_zpsbb9061f5.jpg

Here is a pic from Dragon*Con, after wearing the suit for a few hours. It all held up very well, only minor repairs to the knees were needed after I got home.
IMAG0352.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back