Mark VI Helmet (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... so i have been gone for quite some time, dealing with Highschool and life, but just these past few weeks i have started workin again. i decided not to go with the Halo 4 helmet simply because my finders started to hurt just looking at it. so for the Halo 4 realese i will be wearing this bad boy i have whipped in the last week or so... tell me what you think...

wesceltics016.jpg

wesceltics018.jpg

wesceltics017.jpg

wesceltics020.jpg

So this morning i had just enough Fiberglass Resin left to coat the helmet. It is looking prtty good so far, but i will need to run to the Home Depot and get some more gloves,resin, and bondo. My plan is to "rondo" the helmet because i will be molding it. I know where to get all the supplies i need except the silicon/latex for makeing the mold itself. i can find it on the Smooth-Cast website. If someone could just point me in the right direction, i would be most appreciative. Here is a fewshots of the resin'd helmet:
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk001.jpg

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk002.jpg

i would suggest you add atleast one more coat of resin, maybe more. rondo is kinda heavy and if you dont have a propperly prepared piece, you will have the rondo pull larger faces inward. thats alot of bondo and no fun to fix! keep us updated!

i would suggest you add atleast one more coat of resin, maybe more. rondo is kinda heavy and if you dont have a propperly prepared piece, you will have the rondo pull larger faces inward. thats alot of bondo and no fun to fix! keep us updated!

ok, thank you for telng me that... i probably would have just did the rondo without thinking of that. Picked up my bondo and some re resin today; was wondering if anyone wants a little mini-video tutorial on the rondo process?

ok, thank you for telng me that... i probably would have just did the rondo without thinking of that. Picked up my bondo and some re resin today; was wondering if anyone wants a little mini-video tutorial on the rondo process?

no problem! we are all here to help each other help! honestly i wish someone would have told me about this when i used rondo for the first time, so many problems!!! had to start a new helmet for it! i dont think you will get much for requests for the rondo process, sorry, theres a great video on it somewhere on this site, i cant remember where, but it is perfect!

Bro looks good. Question couldnt the helmet still be molded with fiberglass being used? And im not sure if you know or not but theres a type of bondo with fiberglass cloth in it. May be useful for you rondo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back