Halo 4. Master Chief scratch, foam build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon Props

Member DIN
S007
Some of you may have seen the first few pieces I started putting together already. I figured I'd make 1 (new) thread & just post each piece as I go here, in one thread. Just to catch everyone up to speed on this: I'm building this primarily from EVA foam. I'm just using the available images that I'm finding on line. Many of the images I'm using vary from image to image. This build is my interpretation of the combined images in conjunction with keeping the design within the limitations of my skill level. This will be my second foam build, & first one since I've joined the 405th. I'm looking forward to sharing this project with everyone.

Piece 1: Gauntlets
halo4gauntlet1.jpg
gaunt41.jpg
gaunt1.jpg
[/IMG]

Piece 2: Upper arms & shoulders
4-14-12-3.jpg
4-14-12-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Piece 3: Chest
I'm starting with the front. The first 2 front chest pieces made it to the trash bucket & not photo bucket. I think I'm happy with this one & now Ill get started on the back side of this one next.
ch4.jpg
ch3.jpg
ch2.jpg
ch5-1.jpg
ch6.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for looking.
Jim

Welcome the forum, your work is excellent, especially considering it is a scratch build. What a first impression to make!

Welcome and wow this is an amazing build so far and from scratch ta boot this is definatly on my watch list.

Well that's it I have been out foamed! Beatiful work man. I am loving this build.

Very nice work Jim, let me know if you need a helmet to go with that suit, I may be able to help you out with that part ;)

I've typed up and discarded about 5 different replies to this thread now, and none really came close to adequately expressing my utter amazement, awe, and envy of this work. Perhaps a thesaurus would be useful...
Nonetheless, this is one of the most amazing pieces of foam work I've seen so far, and I'm totally blown away. I can't begin to imagine the amount of time and effort and brainpower that's gone into this! I can't even sew a costume without having a base pattern to work from! To create armour from mere images...I couldn't do it. No way, no how. So hats off to you, sir, this is fabulous, and I can't wait to see more!

amazing work keep it up (how do you foam guys do such an amzing job with no models or anything) anyway looks great hope you finish

Holy crap! did you do these from scratch or do you have foam template files? This is amazing!

OK if this one comes out even one tenth of your Reach armor. It will be epic. Hope you will have it ready for Megacon next year. I need new pic of you with it and that beast of a Gravity Hammer. :)

The back of this is slow going, but its coming together one piece at a time.
I'm starting to get into a lot of guess work, the images for the mark 7 (back of the chest piece are almost non existant). If anyone finds any images of the back please forward me a link.
Heres a couple of updated photos, it doesnt look like much was added but the time invested in the few additions was extesive. Building from scratch, making it up as you go is SLOW.

chi.jpg
chii.jpg
[/IMG]

The jet pack thing-eez are next, I'm looing forward to building them.
Thanks
Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back