Props Sliced MA5C w/ some slight mods and of course Pic Heavy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming along great man!
Trigger looks nice and solid too!
It's going to look solid when done. Keep it going.

Dave.

Thanks Dave always a pleasure:D Im going to try and get the rounding of the edges and sanding done and mix up some bondo to get the details carved in and such so i hope not to disappoint :p

UPDATE!!! I know it's been awhile since i last appeared here but i have been totally swamped with work on overtime and what free time i did have i have been working on my 34 ford coupe trying to get it ready to be made street legal. But alas i have done a few things with the rifle such as sanding and hand carving, sanding, bondo, sanding, and did i forget to mention sanding? LOL. But any way pictures speak louder than words on this site so here they are.

The start of the carving with hammer and chisel and needle files and of course my rotary tool:D
0603121506.jpg

0603121506a.jpg

Shaping the top section of the rifle
0603121507a.jpg

0603121507.jpg

My first go working with bondo and boy did i learn some things like how quickly it sets up. My first mixed batch which was about a tennisball size amount went to waste as it hardened mostly before i could use half of it
0603121506b.jpg

But after alot of trial and error and of course heavy sanding to shape it
0603121712.jpg

0603121712a.jpg

Still got to do the rear section to bondo and also need to get some wood filler putty for some of the areas i carved and accidently gouged with the chisel due to lousy wood but so far things are turning out perfect and i couldnt ask for better for a first attempt at a weapon.

As always i hope you enjoyed and comments are always welcome
Happy building 405th!! :cool

this is looking really awesome. About how thick is the material you're working with? I wanted to do a sliced DMR build with foam, but I'm not quite sure if it's too thick to layer like that or not.

This looks freaking sweet. Any more progress on the gun?
I have made some more bondo and carving progress but have been swamped with work but hopefully soon i will get some pics up in a couple of days

this is looking really awesome. About how thick is the material you're working with? I wanted to do a sliced DMR build with foam, but I'm not quite sure if it's too thick to layer like that or not.
i used 1/4in thick plywood which i should have got a better material like a dense fiber board, as the plywood splinters and comes apart easily but i also removed 4 layers of the gun also to make the width more believable or it would be an inch to inch and a half wider. Just got to pay attention to what the original modeler of the file recommends and go from there to suit your desire

Update time! these past 2 weeks have been crazy with either trying to work on my 34 ford, 10hr days at work and my rifle project but i did make a lil bit of progress with the details/time consuming parts of the gun like rivets and carving and lighting for the display but pictures speak louder than words so here they are

Some notching and some of the rivets i put into the rifle
0615121552.jpg

0615121552a.jpg

0615121552b.jpg

Drilling out the hole for the display and electronic stuffs with a 1 inch spade bit
0615121728.jpg

And widening that hole so that the whole display will get light from the LED
0615121736.jpg

The light itself that i robbed from a crappy flashlight :p
0615121737.jpg

0615121737a.jpg

And installed into the the hollowed part of the rifle
0615121933.jpg

0615121933a.jpg

Also started carving the vertical lines along the sight area by hand with a file. also wasnt too happy with where i had to put the on/off button for the LED for the display but was limited to where i could put it as i dont have any additional wire or soldering experience to be able to put it where i want but thankfully it is pretty small and wont be too bad
0615122107.jpg

As always i hope you all enjoy and are welcome to praise, criticize or give advise :D

Happy armoring 405th!!! :cool

Looking really nice so far dude. Really can not wait to see this one finished.

Finished!!!
Been doing some work on my MA5C and its not up to my perfection quality as i will in the future use MDF board instead of 1/4in plywood
as it splinters and chips to easily but it was still a fun build, note to self also to be more careful with LED's so they dont break and then
you can use them when you dont have a solder gun or soldering experience so for the display on the gun is a printed piece of paper with
a clear plastic sheet over the top glued to it :( But alas the rest of the moving/working pieces are still there.

Using some of my foam scraps for the foregrips of the rifle turned out awesome and really comfortable too :p
0812121038.jpg

Barrel and flashlight mounted in the rifle using copious amounts of hot glue to hold them in and they are solid
0812121038a.jpg

Two coats of primer as the base
0812121341.jpg

And then a layer of charcoal grey on the bottom parts of the weapon
0812121743.jpg

Then ground off the paint on the rivets and put in some on the top part of the sight of the rifle and some
other small parts of detail paint as well as the bolt of the reciever installed with springs for strong cycling action....
And you get a finished product
0818121529a.jpg

0818121529b.jpg

0818121529c.jpg

0818121530.jpg

0818121531.jpg

0818121531a.jpg

Bolt open and locked
0818121532.jpg

And the final shot
0818121529.jpg

I apologize to all for this taking too long to finish. also i had some better materials and tools to make it look better
but as for it going with my GySgt Buck ODST armor it will do just dandy along with the M6 SOCOM i have also.

Thank you all for your support during this build and for my next sliced build i hope to use this as an experiance to
apply toward my next project...like a possible BR55 Halo 3 version :D

As always happy armoring 405th!!!

AWESOME man! Really nice job there on your MA5C. Looking forward to your next weapon now you have some practice under your belt.

Tom.

AWESOME man! Really nice job there on your MA5C. Looking forward to your next weapon now you have some practice under your belt.

Tom.

Wow that was a fast reply lol!

It definetely was a learning experience and for the next project i def know some changes i will be making when it comes to modifying the file
down to the electronics i want to use and such.

I did find a really nice sliced BR55 file made my Bevbor i am planning to use next time and also cost is going to be no problem this time either so i can get it done right and looking right also :D
But that will be a thread for another day lol
battleriflescoperb3.jpg

But again thank you for your kind words my friend :D

No problem has been good watching your progress.

P.s. I can answer fast cause for any subscripted threads my iPad instantly "bing bongs" me with updates :)

Sorry for the double post but i found a few more pics on my phone of me actually holding the weapon and one looking down the sight again
The rifle is only bout 13mm short of the actual size according to the wiki and weighs bout a half pound less than the 8.3 that the wiki also specifies :D
so all in all i came really close.

0818122048.jpg

0818122049.jpg

0818122048a.jpg

Enjoy and all comments are welcome from praise to constructive criticism

As always happy building 405th :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back