Props Sliced MA5C w/ some slight mods and of course Pic Heavy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarmymustang

Sliced MA5C w/ some slight mods and of course Pic Heavy! (Finished)

Well here i am again and i know i haven't finished my armor yet but i could not wait to start this. The Sliced MA5C originally modeled by the artist Lex but with my own spin on the making rather than sully sticking to the file to try to give it a more realistic flavor so hopefully i will not disappoint.

I am making this gun using 1/4 inch plywood to give it rigidity and weight for a more authentic feel, with the wood i plan to Bondo in the details with my trusty rotary tool and add a few things to try to make the gun as close to game accurate as possible with out breaking the bank of 50-75 dollars that i have set for myself.

And now onto the pics of my minor work so far and hopeful ideas that i am trying to bring into this build.

Gungj8-MA5C-transparent.png

This is the pic that i am using as a reference for this build.

0508121744.jpg

Here is a layout of the templates printed cut and taped together and laid out on the plywood

0508121746.jpg

Grip template modded to make overall grip width 1.5 inches rather than the fat 2in. from the original model

0508121745a.jpg

Pieces i am omitting from the build for they stick out and if you look at the reference pic they actually indent inward, so i am keeping their design to use on the cutout in the previous pic instead

0508121725.jpg

The barrel with larger outer sleeve and smaller almost caliber accurate inner sleeve which i also intend to put in a working bolt in this gun also

0508121724a.jpg

Charging handle for the working bolt

0508121723a.jpg

Spring for the working bolt

0508121724b.jpg

Magnets for the detachable magazine of the gun which i am also going to mod to a thinner mag for the other one is just too thick

0508121724c.jpg

Working flashlight for under the barrel

0508121723.jpg

Blue LED for the display/ammo counter on the gun

0508121724.jpg

And finally a trigger from an old SKIL saw that will be incorporated into the gun

I hope i have sparked your interest and that you will enjoy the build. Again like in my other thread i apologize for the bad quality of the pics for they are from my phone as i do not own any other camera otherwise. Questions or comments, advise or constuctive criticism are all welcome:D

Happy Building 405th!!!

Well then i will try not to disappoint a couple Armor vets like you guys, and thanks again

I have faith in you lol. Thanks for the compliment too, i never considered myself a vet lol. im not gonna lie, made me smile lol.

So how goes the gun?? I dont see any updates lol

I have faith in you lol. Thanks for the compliment too, i never considered myself a vet lol. im not gonna lie, made me smile lol.

So how goes the gun?? I dont see any updates lol

Sorry there have been no updates.:( I have been cutting out the pieces and removing some of them entirely for the gun would of been 4 inches wide if I hadn't, and also some of the plywood broke in the middle of cutting out some smaller pieces, but i have more plywood so I will be getting them cutout tomorrow after work and hopefully fingers crossed, the layers glued together with trigger installed and barrel & flashlight hole cutout. So hopefully tomorrow night i will have an update for everyone :)

Sorry there have been no updates.:( I have been cutting out the pieces and removing some of them entirely for the gun would of been 4 inches wide if I hadn't, and also some of the plywood broke in the middle of cutting out some smaller pieces, but i have more plywood so I will be getting them cutout tomorrow after work and hopefully fingers crossed, the layers glued together with trigger installed and barrel & flashlight hole cutout. So hopefully tomorrow night i will have an update for everyone :)

No worries mate, take your time and do what you gotta do. No sense in rushing something like this, im just excited to see more. *crosses fingers*

Small update as i got the larger main pieces cut out and such with the barrel area and trigger area cut and notched. I omitted a total of 4 main sections of the gun to bring the overall width of it down 1 inch otherwise the gun would be 4 inches wide instead it will be a max of 3 inches and cut out the grip on one of the main pieces to make the grip only 1 inch wide for more comfort and realism.

This is the cutout area for the trigger and it fits and work nicely inside it with a lil room to spare for postitioning, now there wont be any layer of wood over the top so i am going to glue in a piece of clear styrene plastic over the top to help hold in the trigger assembly which will be painted over in the end.
0514121953.jpg

the overall gun pieces clamped not glued into place with the barrel length cut out
0514122027.jpg

The barrel and smaller metal tube above it will serve as the charging bolt which still need to notch out the main barrel to accommodate the bolt handle and also springs will go inside the large tube behind the smaller tube to simulate the cycling of the bolt back and forth.
0514122049.jpg

This piece will have the recessed cutouts from picture number 3 in my first post rather than adding another layer which in some previous builds i have looked at, I thought looked tacky and unrealistic to the overall weapon for game accuracy
0514121954.jpg

Sorry i don't have more but work does put a damper on things lol

Hopefully in the next few days i will have the bolt section cut and notched and trigger installed as well as starting to glue the slices together, still have to cut out the magazine and a couple other small details also but that is for another day. Untill then Happy armoring 405th :D

:p 2 updates in 2 days not bad if i say so myself lol,
Anywho, Worked on the functional charging bolt of the rifle by using an angle grinder to shave away the area required
to make room for the bolt handle both sliding back and forth and an open locking position similar to the H3 Battle Rifle
and also on an MP5.

Bolt shown in the closed position
0515121754.jpg

In the open and up, locked position
0515121754a.jpg

Here shown with the 2 12lb springs to make the action of the weapon which feels very realistic in the cycling of the bolt
0515121755.jpg

And the notch cut out on one of the slices for the bolt which i am going to use some filler putty around the edges to
lessen the gaps between the metal of the bolt notch and the wood itself
0515121828.jpg

And just for grins me holding one of the slices that i omitted from the build to show the size comparison which I measured
out to be bout a half inch short of the size listed on the halo wikia for the specs of the gun for accuracy both of the weapon and
looks LOL are key
0515121845.jpg

Well thats all i have for now i hope y'all enjoy and feedback is always welcome
Happy building 405th!!! :D

Great progress man!
The bolt looks great, I love the fact that you are making it functional and loading it up with tension. Nicely done sir!
As far as the overall weapon goes, I agree with you on the sizing especially the thickness. The Halo weapons (although fantastic looking) are not even close to realistic when replicated in a real world application; proportion wise! If you attemp to build them at full size, you're never gonna fit your hand around the grip and come close to touching the trigger... unless someone has a freakishly large clown hand!!! Even if you try to scale the weapon down to "proper human" size, I find that they don't scale all that well. When everything is said and done, much fiddling and modding will need to be done, in order for the weapon to look right!

So once again, cheers to you for adapting!
I am a very strong believer in "Sticking as close to 100% game/original accuracy... but not at the expense of comfort and or functionality!

Dave.

Coming along superbly buddy, :) i agree with cereal, i like the locking bolt, really well done :)
The sizing looks great too. :) cant wait to see more!

Great progress man!
The bolt looks great, I love the fact that you are making it functional and loading it up with tension. Nicely done sir!
As far as the overall weapon goes, I agree with you on the sizing especially the thickness. The Halo weapons (although fantastic looking) are not even close to realistic when replicated in a real world application; proportion wise! If you attemp to build them at full size, you're never gonna fit your hand around the grip and come close to touching the trigger... unless someone has a freakishly large clown hand!!! Even if you try to scale the weapon down to "proper human" size, I find that they don't scale all that well. When everything is said and done, much fiddling and modding will need to be done, in order for the weapon to look right!

So once again, cheers to you for adapting!
I am a very strong believer in "Sticking as close to 100% game/original accuracy... but not at the expense of comfort and or functionality!

Dave.

Yea i was looking at the width of the grip alone too and my 9mil is the one with the biggest grip of all my guns at 1 1/4inches while the original model for the ma5c is 2 inches and then the gun itself would have been over 4 inches wide too which the only gun i can remember being that wide was the .50 cal browning i used in the Army so you are definetely right in that lol :p But I'm glad you like it so far coming from your Leet status now lol

Coming along superbly buddy, :) i agree with cereal, i like the locking bolt, really well done :)
The sizing looks great too. :) cant wait to see more!

Ty my friend im glad you like it, i should have more in the next few days as i am starting to glue the slices together and cut out the magazine and such but that is for another day :)

wow great work so far :) it is looking pretty good
have you found a way to make the ammo on the ammo counter go down when you pull the trigger (if that has already been said, sorry i didn't see it)
well good luck and keep up the great work =D

SPLIIIIIINNTTERRRRSSSSSSSS. SPLINTERS EVERYWHERE. hahah. i hate that type of wood. i always end up getting hurt from it. this is looking pretty beast man. good job so far.

wow great work so far :) it is looking pretty good
have you found a way to make the ammo on the ammo counter go down when you pull the trigger (if that has already been said, sorry i didn't see it)
well good luck and keep up the great work =D

With the ammo counter is just going to be a static display with a LED light behind it, for i dont have the know how to do electronic stuffs lol. But TY and I'll try to keep it interesting :D

SPLIIIIIINNTTERRRRSSSSSSSS. SPLINTERS EVERYWHERE. hahah. i hate that type of wood. i always end up getting hurt from it. this is looking pretty beast man. good job so far.

Yea there are definetely a few of them lol but i will be sanding it quite a bit and also will be using filler putty and bondo over the top for putting in the details but i am very glad you like :D

Updating Time!!
Well this past week has been a long one with gluing the rifle together and waiting for things to cure which is why it took awhile to have another update, i would have done it sooner today but i was enjoying the solar eclipse with some friends :D

But onto the important stuffs :)
Got the trigger from an old skilsaw installed
0516121823.jpg

The magazine of the rifle with magnets installed with some JB Weld so they aren't going anywhere and i put in three magnets instead of the two pictured
0519121234.jpg

0519121233.jpg

The metal plate inside the magazine area for the magnets to stick to :p
0519121234b.jpg

gluing the halves together
0519121234a.jpg

The side details tho i do still have to carve in a few details that were their own sliced pieces but to be accurate they will be hand carved in with chisels and a rotary tool
0519121233a.jpg

0520121752a.jpg

And finally some pics with the barrel and flashlight and the bolt assembly put in but not permanently installed yet as i have some finishing to do to the whole of the weapon
0520121753.jpg

0520121752b.jpg

0520121752.jpg

0520121752a.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy, any questions or comments are always welcome

Happy building 405th :D

Attachments

• 0520121752a.jpg
    0520121752a.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 294
Status
Not open for further replies.