iron man WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul products

hey guys, so like everybody i know, avengers blew me out of the water. most people leave it at the theater but not us right? well, ive wanted to make an Iron man suit for a loooong time but could never muster up the inspiration to start.......that is until now.

now im not doing any specific version (Mk 1 2 3 4 etc) but rather which ever peices i like the most. so with out further adue.

Photo0558.jpg

Photo0556.jpg

Photo0557.jpg

the reason some peices are pep and others arent is because i plan on adding all sorts of goodies to this thing, no spoilers yet but they may enlighten you or even blow you away like a firework

also, the college theater i work for has also agreed to let my rig myself up to their fly-aways to, well...fly!!! cant wait, stay tuned for more updates

Wow! Very nicely done!

I've been meaning to start on a suit of my own for a year or two now...and after seeing The Avengers, the itch is even stronger. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to do it right now lol

That's pretty thick looking foam you're using. I say that because most of the foam suits I see here are verrrry thin looking and I almost question the durability of it while being worn/moved in.

How's it holding up as far as folding/creasing while you're wearing the pieces you've done so far?

Looking really nice man. In answer to your question smallluke, Stealth has the links on his YouTube vids. I know I could just post the links but I got to make you work a little :p. Plus you get introduced to his awesome videos.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjFDpMNX3Nk

arm wise this foam barely creases at all. its the thicker floor mat foam found at Harbor Frieght, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, K-Mart and sometimes walmart.

none of these files are from the Avengers MK VII. its going to be a mix of all the files i like most.

Detailing on the palm look really good. I have always wondered with these Iron Man builds- What do you use as a filler for all the "empty/un-armored" parts of you body? Because, there is no skin showing on the Iron Man.

got another update for you all. ive started painting and ive pretty much finished both biceps (pics later) and one hand. ive also begun working on the electronics for the hand repulsors. here's what ive got for ya.

Photo0566.jpg

Photo0567.jpg

and ive also got a short vid for you all showing the LED getting brighter and more dim.

please tell me what you think please :)

PS does anyone know how to put a youtube video directly on to the thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Looks great!

I saw something (I think it was on the RPF) where someone was making his kid an Iron Man suit, and he actually rigged up the hand-repulsors to automatically get brighter when you made the "firing" pose. If I can find the link (or if someone already knows where it is) that might make it easier to have variable brightness. It would definitely save you having to turn the dial :p

wow its been a while since my last update but better late than never right? gotta be ready for halloween right?

well ive been fairly hard at work for the last two days and here's what i have done: the chest and biceps are compeltely painted, all of the torso flaps are peped and have their first layer of rondo. the second hand and fingers have been sealed along with upper boot #2, and forearm has been completely peped and is ready for rondo

seeing as how none of those pieces look any different than the first set of pictures i took i only took pics of the chest and biceps

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

please comment and tell me what you think :)

ohhhh pweeettty:3 lights! awesome! i love this build its great! :D arc reactor seems a lil too bright? or not detailed enough if you get me (each individual led showing) i dunno, still its a great build! :D

ohhhh pweeettty:3 lights! awesome! i love this build its great! :D arc reactor seems a lil too bright? or not detailed enough if you get me (each individual led showing) i dunno, still its a great build! :D
ive since added a stylized ring to the iside of the arc light, and its only one led lol.

update coming soon, maybe even tommorow

My question is what Resistor should i use

i have 3 blue LED
High visibility

Size: T-1-3/4 (5mm)

Typical voltage: 3.7,

maximum voltage of 4.5V

Typical Wavelength: 468mm

Typical MCD: 2600

Viewing Angle: 30°

20mA (max.)

Then i have 2 LEDs

Wave-length nm (typical): 465nm minimum;
470nm maximum

Viewing angle (degree): 154°

FW current (IF) (mA): 20 mA

FW Supply (V)(typical) 3.1V; maximum 3.5V

Then i have 1 larg LED

Intensity: 8000mcd (typical),

wavelength: 465nm (minimum),
467.5nm (maximum)

Viewing angle: 16°
FW current: 20mA, FW supply: 3.2V (typical),
3.8V (maximum)

then i have 1 hobby moter

no load speed 16,000RPM 15%

3VDC, 95ma max

My question is what Resistor should i use

i have 3 blue LED
High visibility

Size: T-1-3/4 (5mm)

Typical voltage: 3.7,

maximum voltage of 4.5V

Typical Wavelength: 468mm

Typical MCD: 2600

Viewing Angle: 30°

20mA (max.)

Then i have 2 LEDs

Wave-length nm (typical): 465nm minimum;
470nm maximum

Viewing angle (degree): 154°

FW current (IF) (mA): 20 mA

FW Supply (V)(typical) 3.1V; maximum 3.5V

Then i have 1 larg LED

Intensity: 8000mcd (typical),

wavelength: 465nm (minimum),
467.5nm (maximum)

Viewing angle: 16°
FW current: 20mA, FW supply: 3.2V (typical),
3.8V (maximum)

then i have 1 hobby moter

no load speed 16,000RPM 15%

3VDC, 95ma max

i think you may have posted in the wrong thread..... if you are looking for wiring sketch-ups then i would try google as most people here either dont do much in electronics or just dont broadcast thier knowledge of it. as for me, i dont have the foggiest clue as to what you need. all of my circuits are simple power to device to switch back to power.

well i know i said this was coming a long time ago but with halloween right around the corner ive really jumped on this hard. that being said im almost done. the only peices to finish are the helmet (may not do for now), the forearms, second hand plate, right shin and ab plates. all of the remaining pieces are made but not finished.

anywho, heres what i took pictures of tonight.

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

Status