Props Gravity Hammer (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, the pink is gone! :D

Also, we can has video tut soon?

I know I kind a miss it :(
The tutorials are coming this week. I am off from work for 7 days so it's just a case of nominating a day to do them. Need to get all the jobs my wife wants doing then will get to it :)

Sounds good! It's so terribly hot here that I can't do anything in the 'workshop' anyway ;)

Oooo, booking a flight and on my way. Its been very rainy here. I love Budapest! One of the nicest places I have been and I have done alot of Europe. I got horribly drunk at a wine tasting up by the castle. There was no one there but me and my girlfriend so we could do what we wanted. Just as we finished another British couple turned up so we had to give them a tour. I don't remember leaving :p

Ah only 2 more sleeps then I can finally see it!!! So excited. Hopefully I'll be allowed to hold it, might have to make sure you drink enough monkey shoulder to allow it though haha :p

I might even let you flick the switch on the handle and light it up, it should all be wired up by then :)

Thank you Xarmy. I have the handle/staff half done (excluding the grip strapping). Just working on the lighting. I got half the LEDs wired up. Will finish them tonight then will get to making the frosted plastic with glue gun glue fittings tomorrow night.

Update time.

Hey guys and gals. I managed to get some work on the hammer done this week. The handle detailing is done not too apparent from my pic but once the painting is finished you should be able to see it. Got the leather strapping made for the grip. I am not so happy with the size of the bit at the top of the strapping but it shouldn't look too bad once the bottom half of the handle is done...hopefully.
Next I will be working on the lower section of the handle because I just can't face the boring job of making all the LED mounts just yet. But before I do anything else I have "The Definitive Guide to Foam Techniques" videos to make, YES they are finally getting made :)
Anyways, here is what I made this week.

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

arrggg1.jpg

Am i legally responsible for content on my forums & forums that others have written?

Yeah...that's weird.......

Anyway.....The Hammer is looking magnifique my friend! I really like the leather grip. Nice one Tom!:D

I have to agree, you've done an excellent job with the handle. It even seems to fit the style of Norse/Celtic leather bindings liike those on representations of Mjolnir, which is kind of fitting seeing as they're both war hammers! Looking forward to seeing this one finished =D

........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME man looks amazing, lots of detail and epicness
keep up the great work =D

I was just thinking about a Gravity Hammer today and then saw your thread so I had to comment that your Hammer looks amazing. Only word to describe it.

Thank you Camaro. I can't wait till the lighting is finished as I promised myself I wouldn't do any more of the handle till then. I only have a couple of light housings to do then can get this bad boy to the finish.

Quick update. Got my lights in so I can finally get on with the rest of the handle now. Hope you like :)

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back