pepakura zat gun (stargate sg-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwizard3d

I found the file on the 405th and though i'd try it as i need to work out some finishing techniques on smaller pieces and this gives me a quick easy way to get to the point where i can start adding layers to make it hard and give it more form. I've got a war machine head i'm working on as well but i thought before i start doing anything else to that i'd try a few things on this smaller quicker model to see what works and what doesnt. I've found fibreglass resin and some body repair kit that might be up to the task as well as epoxy (milliput) and i'm even going to play with the idea of news paper and pva and multipurpose silicone sealant. will report back when i have tried a few options as to which i like best.

First question though - how do i top and tail this pepakura, it defies capping. i may have to resort to filling it with filler and then smushing the end pieces onto it?

for now...

2012-06-28%2014.25.56.jpg

2012-06-28%2014.26.03.jpg

2012-06-28%2014.26.10.jpg

2012-06-28%2014.26.17.jpg

trying the wood glue method of hardening. I may leave the model ends open to fit something inside Or i may fill with filler. The latter option may make fitting electronics tricky later... we shall see... Will also try to use bandage to reinforce(rather than fibreglass.... got a lot of cutting done tonight. Pictures tomorrow...

ok so i actually resorted to using fibreglass resin for the outer layer followed by applying resin putty(which has a 10 minuite work time so i have to work it a small section at a time. I also found that if you didnt completely mix the material you get a ropey section. once i've completed the putty layer, i'll be filing\sanding it back to smooth. Then i'll start adding detail.

resin :

2012-07-07%2016.56.38.jpg

Putty :

2012-07-07%2016.57.00.jpg

Poorly mixed putty section :

2012-07-07%2016.56.49.jpg

oehhh i love stargate :) after im able to complete my halo helmit that has unfortunatly been delaid by some trouble in my family i want to try and build the zatgun aswell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back