Omni Blade Mass Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanx360

hey guys and gals,

I made an omni Blade, i have seen an custom made omni blade on this flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ammnra/6994435525/

I asked him for a blueprint or something, no response, so i tought.
make your own design, so you will see some Halo elements in it :)

*i don't have access to my desktop so the bleuprint will follow in another reply*

after cutting out my blueprint in 3mm transparent plastic (thermoformable plastic)
i heated it with a heatgun and formed it around my arm:

630c7a6f.jpg

c04397b0.jpg

6aa07617.jpg

after the nice fit, i used an airbrush and some orange window paint.
here is the result:
9112059f.jpg

5d8151e7.jpg

fcc4c14a.jpg

next i made the blade for it (blueprint will alsow follow)

i then made a little limp, so you can only turn it 180°

made a hole in the middle, screwed it together, and voila

final result:

55d78168.jpg

022f316b.jpg

note, in the original omni blade of ammnra, it is big enough to fit around armor,
mine is too small for armor, it's made on my arm, so you'll have to scale it up a little

*update: here is a link to the files: http://www.4shared.com/rar/TDB026zw/omniblade.html?

ok, i managed to create the sketches:

the sword:
sword.png

the omniblade
omniblade.png

if you want the files, pm me :)

*PS, Almost forgot to say this. i used a small strip of plastic and bended it in a Z, so that the sword is screwed tighter and you can't overbend it, if you need more explaining about this, ask.

adf4d338.jpg

I just want to cry from the sheer awesomeness of that Omniblade, sir.

Very good job!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to tissues to buy.

hey, wasnt intending to necro post on this but i got a hold of your blueprints through the download link and i have to say that once i figured out how to open them in Blender i was impressed. admittedly i was slightly annoyed because of it not being an "object" model rather than being the laser engraving guides but it will be pretty easy to create what i was hoping this would be anyway so no big deal. your blueprints are AMAZING though and after getting a look at one of the TIFF images, i have some very good ideas on how to actually use this as the base for a working computer interface. i have bee searching for more of a pepakura ready version but finally realized that since this is intended to he a holographic item and not a solid one there probably isnt a pepakura version of this ANYWHERE. but thank you very much for providing this and i know a lot of people will be very happy with it. i know im looking forward to creating a pepakura file from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back