Halo 4 Spartan IV Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallard

Decided to take a couple days to do a pep with my week off, and couldn't resist the spartan IV model by Satchmo III. This being the first I've seen or heard of for a released Halo 4 multiplayer helmet I quickly got it finished up and out to resin. Practically fell in love with this helmet's design, and I plan to complete it by summer's end.

Where I'm currently at with the build:
IMG_1377.jpg

She needs work..
IMG_1375.jpg

This week's progress was only getting the top smooth and free of any pinholes and blemishes:
IMG_1378.jpg

Now i know i wasn't very good in the past about finishing projects I have made threads of, but I do plan to finish this one and keep the community updated about it's progress. However it will be slow progress.. With football practice being in full swing now and the temperatures reaching over 105 degrees it is just unbearable sometimes. Updates may take several days, a week, I really don't know.

Insight and critique welcome.

Didn't get too much done... finished up smoothing the entire dome up top, deleted the forehead vents as they were just too big(no offense Satchmo), worked a little on the sides, and today Ill hopefully be finishing up the brow detail.

This is the picture I have been using for reference to detail for the front of the helmet:
untitled.png

Showing the completed back of the dome and a little of the side bondo work:
IMG_1387.jpg

The first pic here showsw the current back of the dome, and the second is an in game pic of what is should look like.. lots of work to go..
IMG_1388.jpg

423141_311747628886865_100001548918922_868131_432559624_n.jpg

And this is what I spent most of my time working out and implementing.. The brow detail is a bit challenging to keep crisp, but Ive yet to decide whether it should stay low profile or be brought up a few millimeters in height. Id love some suggestions.
IMG_1384.jpg

It's just a mock up at the moment, just shaping it up to see how it'll look.

The last modification before brow detailing was the vent delete. i took my drmel and cut along the corners, taped over the gap, and poured some rondo inside to make it fluch with the outside:
IMG_1386.jpg

Hoping to get some better and faster updates now with family heading back home today after the holiday. But until then feel free to give some insight or suggestions.

This looks like it's coming along nicely. Your bondo work is very smooth and it seems pretty orderly. I think this will be a great helmet when you're finished. Keep it up!

BTW: Are the last two pictures the same? I can't tell the difference.

Crap thanks for telling me.. I would've swore I had a different one picked. But thanks or the input. I've been following your builds for quite some while and they're looking great.

Wow! This looks great! So far you are the only one making this helmet and it's coming along very well! What color were you planning on painting it? Let me know, this build looks awsome!

Wow! This looks great! So far you are the only one making this helmet and it's coming along very well! What color were you planning on painting it? Let me know, this build looks awsome!

I'm actually the second, Satchmo has also made the file and I believe begun working on it. And the color is undecided. I kinda like the green and gray photoshopped scheme above but who knows at this point.

I got brave this morning and decided to try and finish up the shaping of the top dome all at once. Using the picture above as reference I drew in the shape with pencil and dremeled the entire area that was wrong out. It will be the same process as the front vents as now that it is cut out I will use painter's tape to shape the new area in then I will pour several coats of rondo to add a new and strong wall to the re-shaped area. Unfortunately i did not have resin on hand with me this morning, so I'll have to work on another area until this weekend.

The modified area:
IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

Oh hey! Another person that is fairly close by! Nice work thus far! Why do you have to wait til this weekend for more resin?

Oh hey! Another person that is fairly close by! Nice work thus far! Why do you have to wait til this weekend for more resin?

Since I'm 16, the stores around us require an "adult" to Purchase materials. But I still have plenty to keep me busy tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow should bring a bit more of an update as I'll have the whole day at home to work on it away from football and such.

I'm not a big fan of the halo 4 armor, my favorite's got to be the many Mrk V variants, but your helmet is definitely awesome! *subscribe*. Can't wait to see how this turns out, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back