ODST S-512 "Aequitas" (My First Build ODST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

link10983

Hey guys. I'm only now coming out into the 405th from my cave of watching. After planning and after cutting the templates and experimenting with effective cutting nd saving methods I have my torso nearly done. I'm making my armor out of EVA foam and crafters foam. But before I get into my build allow me to introduce myself.

The name is Sean. I'm a nerd and geek. I'm on my phone now so ill edit this later but ill link the first photo up. It will be edited in. To keep updated with this build keep your eye on my first post mainly. Enjoy.
It took awhile to decide what to make, but I really see myself as an ODST not really a Spartan. So I figured I would make my Halo 3 ODST multiplayer variety. My character, myself.

P.S. I'm using Hugh's templates

Back of torso
2012-07-08_20-55-52_915.jpg

Me wearing the armor
2012-07-08_23-17-59_542.jpg

2012-07-08_23-18-10_50.jpg

*Note I did add the buckle to the other strap just now*
The Armor View
2012-07-08_23-19-12_167.jpg

2012-07-08_23-19-20_81.jpg

Looking good so far! Pretty smooth shape. I used Hugh's file for foam work too (see my pic-heavy thread, link in signature), and I hadn't thought of doing it your way...gotta say your result is much more pleasing to the eye than mine.

Very well done, keep it up!

Looking good so far! Pretty smooth shape. I used Hugh's file for foam work too (see my pic-heavy thread, link in signature), and I hadn't thought of doing it your way...gotta say your result is much more pleasing to the eye than mine.

Very well done, keep it up!

Thanks man, I just uploaded some more pictures and I'm posting them up now. Heh you should see the amount of hot glue on the front. I'm going to cover it with crafters foam and throw on the center chest piece. Hopefully I'll have this done and a shoulder started soon, if not I might start the helmet.

Thanks man, I just uploaded some more pictures and I'm posting them up now. Heh you should see the amount of hot glue on the front. I'm going to cover it with crafters foam and throw on the center chest piece. Hopefully I'll have this done and a shoulder started soon, if not I might start the helmet.

Imagine the amount of hot glue on MY chest core : it's not a single, unified piece, but rather several foam pieces cut like Hugh's original chest design. Hence why yours looks a lot slicker.

Those new pictures are nice, too !

I'M wondering, though : how do you put it on? I don't see any sort of buckle on the sides nor the front, and I remember putting mine on without any opening on the sides was one hell of an adventure (and REMOVING it was a huge pain).

Foam work looks good dude. Makes me want to do foam...but alas, I will try my hand at Pep first. Keep up the good work!

P.S. - Your hand looks alien-like in the third pic, lol.

UPDATE: Sorry guys, due to work, school, work, oh and work (I work 3 jobs) I have been unable to work on my builds as much as I would of liked to. So until I finish up with my acting job at Forest of Fear I will be unable to work on my armor. I have been studying stage combat, working on fan films, and learning how to use editing tools so I have been busy. I also worked the Renaissance Faire and a camp over the summer which is why I never had time to work on my armor. Long story short I plan on resuming when I have the time in November. Until then guys I'll see you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back