Master Chief Mk VI Pepakura armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonLiving

(Thanks Sealgair for helping me get the photos up.)
My first Master Chief armor is slowly coming together.
IMG_0882.jpg

Mk VI Helmet
IMG_0879.jpg

Forearm
IMG_0880.jpg

Another Forearm
IMG_0878.jpg

Can't decide yet if I wanna make the entire thing using HD files yet. I may just use the LD and then add the details through the bondo.

Welcome to the forum :) set up an account on photobuckt. Upload the pics to that account. Each pic has an IMG code that you can click on, it is automatically copied and then paste it in here. It is as simple as that.

Good luck!

You're off to a great start with some very well-pepped pieces. I have a few suggestions. First, I would recommend putting the visor into the helmet. This will help the helmet maintain its shape and prevent warping or drooping of the brim during resining. Second, and you probably already know this, make sure that tape on the forearm is off before you start resining. Tape does not react well to resin and will only end up making more work later on.

As for your dilema of HD or LD files, you're very good a pepping from what I can see, so you might as well get the detail in the easiest way, pep them. Creating detail using bondo can get tricky, especially for some of the smaller details commonly found in the HD files. If the detail is already in the pep, you'll be set later down the road. The choice, however, is totally up to you. Which ever way you chose, I wish you luck in your build.

I agree withplaydohlord :) the HD forearm looks very well pepped. I'd recommend using the HD files too!

And you're welcome on the picture thing :) my pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back