custom recon helmet WIP (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

otaku for life

hey guys i finally got around to uploading my recon photo's.
mind you this was my second pep ever! its gonna look...not so great.

i severely messed up the visor area and had to improvise :p
Also I HAVE never used a dremel until this project , So forgive the sucky detailing.
I didn't want to follow the typical recon detailing..that and i suck at it...So i added my own.

DSC03075.jpg

DSC03079.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC03082.jpg
DSC03083.jpg
DSC03084.jpg

thanks for checking it out and give you opinions!
note: i already started paint.

UPDATE! primered, base coated, and now on to clear coat! will post pics tomorrow.

DONE!!!!!!! so happy T_T
DSC03086.jpg

DSC03087.jpg
DSC03088.jpg
DSC03089.jpg
DSC03090.jpg

LOL! i got to "trigger happy" with battle damage and overdid it, way over did it >_>....oh well i am really happy with how it turned out so far, especially since it's my first helmet! please comment and give me your opinions.

im having difficulty with the visor, i am in the process of cutting out a 2 liter bottle and gonna cut it out and see if that is a bit more manageable

The overall pep looked really clean and the helmet is really smooth. But whats up with the visor? You like cut it out ??
i am a complete noob with the dremel and so i messed up big time when i was cutting the excess fiberglass, completely went off mark. so i had to cut the visor out so big T_T

Otaku,
Keep your expectations easy and positive. You are working with a new media and are developing new skill sets. I wish I thought of doing some of the detail work you intuitively already have done. Your imagination is good and your skills will catch up quickly. Complete this helm. You'll cherish it when you're doing prof. prop work in a few months/years!

Otaku,
Keep your expectations easy and positive. You are working with a new media and are developing new skill sets. I wish I thought of doing some of the detail work you intuitively already have done. Your imagination is good and your skills will catch up quickly. Complete this helm. You'll cherish it when you're doing prof. prop work in a few months/years!
thanks, i just finished putting the base coat on and looks pretty good for my first helmet.

i have a lot of imperfections but I'll turn those into battle damage from bullets/shrapnel and the likes. i was gonna attempt the full armor but i just lost my job and gotta keep what i have left for an xbox and Halo 4 haha.

quick question, i have no money for supplies maybe enough to buy some resin...i heard that peped pieces start to fall apart if you don't resin and strengthen them..is this true? i was thinking of making my chest piece and maybe the shoulders, then put them to the side until i get my supplies in order.

quick question, i have no money for supplies maybe enough to buy some resin...i heard that peped pieces start to fall apart if you don't resin and strengthen them..is this true? i was thinking of making my chest piece and maybe the shoulders, then put them to the side until i get my supplies in order.

Once you have your piece PEPed add a coat of resin to the outside then this will stop it from being crumpled by mistake, stop any of the pieces falling apart and I found with my unresined parts that were left for a few weeks moisture warped the card.
Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back