HALO 4...........New Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icon Props

Member DIN
S007
I started this project last weekend & I've just about finished it up today. I'll post the entire build tonight over the next 3 posts.
Adjustments were made to the image to accommodate my lack of skill & equipment limitations. There are just certain elements in the design that I don’t have the proper tools or skills to pull off, so I build within my limits. (Do not operate any type of saw or other power equipment without all the safety guards in place)

I started with putting the image down on paper, sketching & scaling it to my liking.
It seems that all my weapons builds begin the same way: paper, pencil, ruler, table saw & a 2 X 4.

mg1.jpg
mg2.jpg
[/IMG]

mg3.jpg
mg4.jpg
[/IMG]

The new shapes on the HALO 4 Magnum grips were a bit a challange. I figured I'd try something new for me & sculpt them out of clay.
mg5.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for looking
Jim.

Now with all the pieces created, sanded & semi - finished the assembly begins.

mg4.jpg
mg6.jpg
[/IMG]
mg7.jpg
[/IMG]

Well you say you lack in skill but I beg to differ (although I know what you mean by not having the right tools). This is looking to be a really nice build. I like the fact you tried something new with the sculpting and as I have had some experience in it you have done a great job. Not sure if you have any but if you are thinking of trying more sculpting then dental tools are a must. I had my old dentist lend me some to try out and......well.......he never got them back :p

Keep up the great work,
Tom.

I’m working on the details & finishing.
With any luck & some help from Hyperbalistic I like to make my first mold & cast this one. They may even someday become available on “Stony props”.
This should make a nice addition to my HALO 4 Master Chief armor.
Thanks for looking.
Jim

mg8.jpg
mg9.jpg
[/IMG]
mg10.jpg
mg11.jpg
[/IMG]
mg12.jpg
[/IMG]

Yea, I just gathered up & emailed the photos to myself. I was busy putting this project together & figured I'd post it when I was close to finished.

was the top attachment meant to be that tall? I haven't really seen any reference pics, but I know your work is right, so sorry for the noobtastic question.

It looks a little big in the photos. It may just be the angle of the pic. It's close to scale, I'm sure its off a little. The layout was all by free-hand.

Yeah, I was going to say that the top attachment looks a bit high. However, since there is only one reference photo that I am aware of AND the fact that you've taken this on as a scratchbuild project with little resources, I'd say you did a hell of a job! Your work is clean, smooth and looks great! I see nothing but great things coming from you.

I made the first couple of pulls from my first ever mold today.
I'll claen these up & get them painted tomorrow & post up a few more pics.
(top right in the 2nd pic. is the original)

cast2.jpg
cast3.jpg
[/IMG]

I have some finished ones now (A lot more time goes into these than I thought went into casting).
First time molding & casting......
Thanks for looking. Jim.

mld22.jpg
mld21.jpg
[/IMG]

castII.jpg
mg.jpg
[/IMG]

I happy with the results from my first mold & castings.
It's not nearly as easy as I thought it was, but I would recomed to everyone that they should at least give making a mold & castings a shot.
magssss.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back