Spartan 4 foam armor build (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
talk about motivation man, the amount of detail that you have put into the build is just insane. on another note, are you planning on building the Spartan IV helmet to go along with the armor, or are you sticking with the Master Chief lid? or might that be a future project?

I believe he said he was going to and if so I can't wait to see it!

I'm trying to make a Halo4 Master Chief set and from what I see here, this is exactly how I want it to look (Obviously it's a Spartan IV but you get the idea), awesome job. Have any tips on making something similar to this though?

I'm trying to make a Halo4 Master Chief set and from what I see here, this is exactly how I want it to look (Obviously it's a Spartan IV but you get the idea), awesome job. Have any tips on making something similar to this though?

to be completely honest just get as may reference pictures and make sure they are HD so you can catch all the small detail. and never rush lol always take your time on builds that are as complicated as halo 4 suits lol.

Considering the fact that most of the photos are reasonably good, if I had enough time, I reckon I could convert most of them to foam templates...
If I had enough time...
Soon.
A set of H4 multiplayer armour for the release would be awesome, and this is definitely an inspiration to get started!

CJ

WOW! This is one of the best foam builds I've seen. The detail you achieved is incredible, can't wait to see it on!

All I can is you take foam building to another level. Too legit to ignore.

Here is a piece of advice. Don't leave your suit out in a the garage that is not air-conditioned. The heat in the garage actually melts the hot glue. I found it the hard way recently. :(

*update*

hears a few pics updated from my sneak peek at AFO

there still is more to come for this build I have to add the massive straps that go under the chest and also the boots and butt plate lol. but ill be posting updates for that this week :)

251797_10150970061387513_1447599575_n.jpg

561157_4414414158620_452311299_n.jpg

tumblr_m8cf10SSEn1rzic7do2_500.jpg

tumblr_m8cf10SSEn1rzic7do1_500.jpg

thats all for now :) seya!

Very nice images, paint job looks fantastic! Whatever you plan to add will only make it even better if it's so good already :)

I've been wondering if you could give a few tips about using a dremel on foam...
My main problem is that the sanding drum gets wasted pretty fast, I've tried the 240 grit today and it's half killed after like 10 minutes of sanding.
I have a Dremel 300 and used the drums bundled with the tool... I guess they're cheap enough to buy a lot of replacements but I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong ;)

Also, how would you drill something like a 1/2 inch diameter, shallow hole? If I try to use the aluminium oxide grinding stone it just runs around the piece...

I can say with some confidence that this is the nicest set of S-IV armor IN THE WORLD. (right now) lol good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back