Halo 4 armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually try to use as little bondo as possible onthe outside, you can always sand through the paper to smooth, but its easy to lose detail with bondo. The better your pep is the less you need bondo, and it looks like your pep is stellar.

Great work so far! Your suit is going to be stellar!

here is a time saving tip, if you have a razor blade you can cut off the little ridges of bondo. they slice nicely when the bondo is still warm (ie: a few minutes after it is applied). CerealKill3r has a great youtube video about it. Here is the link to his thread if you don't have it already http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36689-CEREAL-S-Making-Master-Chief-**-A-Step-By-Step-Tutorial-(My-Way)-** Episode 04 is the one about bondoing

I should note that this technique will not get you better results, it just saves you time during sanding.

Great work so far! Your suit is going to be stellar!

here is a time saving tip, if you have a razor blade you can cut off the little ridges of bondo. they slice nicely when the bondo is still warm (ie: a few minutes after it is applied). CerealKill3r has a great youtube video about it. Here is the link to his thread if you don't have it already http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36689-CEREAL-S-Making-Master-Chief-**-A-Step-By-Step-Tutorial-(My-Way)-** Episode 04 is the one about bondoing

I should note that this technique will not get you better results, it just saves you time during sanding.

Nessy thank you for the tips on my first build! Honestly you help me alot so far.
I used that trick and video and finished one thigh!

Update:
Thanks to all the people supporting me on this project
I present to you.........Pictures :D of my 90% complete
right thigh still need a paint job and fix small flaws thats why I primed It
IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

back thigh has almost no flaws :)
IMG_0290.jpg

plan to have many more updates later on!
When i finish the other thigh ill just put them both together and take
the picture. Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nessy thank you for the tips on my first build! Honestly you help me alot so far.
I used that trick and video and finished one thigh!

Update:
Thanks to all the people supporting me on this project
I present to you.........Pictures :D of my 90% complete
right thigh still need a paint job and fix small flaws thats why I primed It
IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

back thigh has almost no flaws :)
IMG_0290.jpg

plan to have many more updates later on!
When i finish the other thigh ill just put them both together and take
the picture. Peace!

Looks good! :)

Question. . . . In the pics above with the deep dark red, I assume before priming. Is that bondo? If so, just wanted to share that if you mix bondo too hot (i.e. a lot of hardener. . . deep dark red color after mixing), it can become very brittle and separate from whatever that you've put it on at the worst possible moment. You should look for a pinkish color after mixing. If you have 3M or Bondo brand spreaders /spatulas for it, they are the color you should try to match for the most part. A tad on the red side isn't a bad thing if you need to speed up the process and too little hardener it will most likely never harden. I'm not nit picking. I just learned this lesson a long time ago working with bondo for body work the hard way and just wanted to let you know what I learned from my mistakes. Hope this helps.

Overall, your build is looking awesome so far and I look forward to seeing more. Keep it up.

Question. . . . In the pics above with the deep dark red, I assume before priming. Is that bondo? If so, just wanted to share that if you mix bondo too hot (i.e. a lot of hardener. . . deep dark red color after mixing), it can become very brittle and separate from whatever that you've put it on at the worst possible moment. You should look for a pinkish color after mixing. If you have 3M or Bondo brand spreaders /spatulas for it, they are the color you should try to match for the most part. A tad on the red side isn't a bad thing if you need to speed up the process and too little hardener it will most likely never harden. I'm not nit picking. I just learned this lesson a long time ago working with bondo for body work the hard way and just wanted to let you know what I learned from my mistakes. Hope this helps.

Overall, your build is looking awesome so far and I look forward to seeing more. Keep it up.

That deep red color comes from glazing putty. Its bondo brand and it helps the piece look smooth. Basicly it covers the little tiny spots in the piece.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! OK. Now that makes since. Thanks for the lesson Caboose. Maybe I need to get that stuff. LOL

If it makes it that smooth, I definitely need that. . . That way when I rub my hand over the pieces for imperfections it would be like. . . Oooooo. Aahhhhhhh!!!!! LOL. Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that people were using it. I just keep applying bondo. . . LOL! See. . . You learn something new everyday when your a noob!!!!!! :p

@ Bulbxsaur! If that's what it is man. . . sorry for the confusion. I love the build though and can't wait to see more!

If it makes it that smooth, I definitely need that. . . That way when I rub my hand over the pieces for imperfections it would be like. . . Oooooo. Aahhhhhhh!!!!! LOL. Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that people were using it. I just keep applying bondo. . . LOL! See. . . You learn something new everyday when your a noob!!!!!! :p

@ Bulbxsaur! If that's what it is man. . . sorry for the confusion. I love the build though and can't wait to see more!

Haha yes it is spot puddy, it gets it very smooth I plan on finishing my other thigh tomorrow and also fix the imperfections on both of them.
Primer just lets my see the mess ups better still need some work. I will give the paint job last, once every piece has been made up to this stage.
Glad you like it! :D

Update:Just got the left thigh bondoed sanded and put on some spot putty :D
just one pic sorry guys. Getting some more gray primer tomorrow will sand down the spot putty and prime it.

IMG_0294.jpg

Update: just sanded down the edges of my chest piece so it would be more smooth.
tomorrow I plan on bondoing the chest hope it comes out good! :)
IMG_0296.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back