Halo 4 armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulbxsaur

Hello everyone I'm new to the 405th and plan on making full halo 4 Master Chief armor.
Any kind of feedback would greatly help me.
I plan on having the armor done by November 6th for the midnight release :)

So far I have the Chest and the Forearms and put smoothcast 300 inside still need to sand down the drips though
IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Hope its good! :)

Hi, welcome to 405th! as said above "the scaling looks great"

By the way where did you get these pepakura files??
I look forward to your later posts :)

Welcome to the forums. You have a great start to your armour. The Halo 4 armour models look really challenging to pep, but you seem to have that under control. I am subscribing to this thread so I can follow along.

Thanks, and the chest not because it has more detail but to keep the shape was hard, but chopsticks helped a lot in holding the figure of it in place.
I currently am doing the Thighs though their easy im going to get both done then update the thread.
im glad you like it!

Very nice. I didn't even know these pieces were in pep yet. Well this makes it easier to build in foam later. Awesome work so far! looking forward to more.

Update: Hey guys I just recently finished my pep work on Master chiefs thighs :)
some of the detail was hard, but i managed. They will look better once i resin and bondo them trust me haha

Here It is :)
IMG_0262.jpg

On this one i tried to get the place you put your leg through as even to the other as possible.
IMG_0263.jpg

I will probably put sticks, taped inside to hold the shape in place.
What would be a better way? Anyways hope you like them I plan to resin and put smooth-cast 300
inside tomorrow. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Very clean pep work! Scaling is working well for you, keep it up! Can't wait to see your finish work~

thank you- Djinn

Update: Really small update, but just to get the easiest part.
Here is the ab plate

IMG_0265.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that your file didn't have any support struts in them, that would have helped to prevet warping. For sure you need to put some sticks or something inside there while you resin. another thing that helps is to resin a section of each piece at a time. (example, doing the top quarter, letting it dry, doing the bottom quarter, letting it dry, and so on.) It takes longer than doing it all in one coat, but it will help prevent some warping.

Anyways, your pepping looks good, the small details are well done and the thighs look like perfect mirror images. Good job!

Ya they might be prototype files or something, but ya ill try to put some sticks in them or do it in sections like you said.
thank you for the advice i should have it done by today all resin and smoothcasted

Due to very bad thunderstorm I wasn't able to resin and smooth cast my armor :(
hopefully the weather will get better tomorrow so i can work on the build.

I am new to the site but I have lurked for about 2 years now. Looking great. Your on track for finishing in time for Halo 4!

HEY guys! I have known about the 405th community for about 2 years. I've done a lot of research on how to do the steps, watched some videos, studied the 101 forums here, and have a good understanding on how the steps go. I have only gone as far as resining an ODST helmet, and it would turn out great, if i had the money to finish it. I'ts only my practice piece though.

Anyways....

I plan for a great much spent time of the last few weeks of my summer, to print and pep my own MC build. I am ready to dedicate myself to the effort and with all my free time in every day of summer, i want to do it now. So that school doesn't get in the way of steps 1-3. I hope to at least get my parts printed (scaled accurately too), cut, and assembled together by the time i start school. I too will and intend to do what some of you are doing here with your MC builds and have a costume of my own of course. And I hope we all end up with awesome and successful suits!

The only things I need help with are the following (I have also posted the same questions at this forum: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34303-Halo-4-Pepakura-(Files-within))

1. Where did you get both symmetrical thigh and forearm pieces? Because I have every other part I need.
2. Where can I get a Spartan 4 Soldier/Warrior helmet file unfold?

The helmet looks like this:
bxbfcbezjroklrdg.png

Thank you all if you read this, and to this OP of this forum and all armor forgers; I hope us all awesome armors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back