Should I Resize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurias

I've pondered this to the point of obsession. I was never sure if I got the scale of this helmet correct for use with someone of my height (71.5"). I've taken a few shots and tried to "eyeball" the scale, but I'm just so unsure. Width (or depth in Pepakura designer) is 283mm, the DANNIFOOD4LESS smooth Mark VI.

Aside from me being a little overweight (no armor would look right currently anyway), I only wonder if the scaling on my helmet is correct. So I'm looking for opinions :) Refer to photo below:

12+-+1.jpg

My biggest concern is that it might be too short... But then again, this might be the nature of the helmet, and since I don't have the neck fabric and things, it just looks off. My beard can be seen, that concerned me. Anyway before I ramble further, comment away.

I agree, about a 10 to 20 percent increase should do it. The real measurement to take for helmets is not you overall height, but your head height. Measure from the bottom of your chin, straight up to the top of your head and add an inch and a half for padding.

Can't say I didn't think so, I suppose I wouldn't have had the question otherwise. Suggestions on the better model to use? I used DANNIFOOD4LESS originally, but FLYINGSQUIRL looks more accurate at a glance (at least on the top half). I don't mind difficulty, I just want the most accurate version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back