Carter Helmet Sizing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurias

So my next pep will be the Carter helmet with attachment from Ruze789. I've scoured over the forum and Google trying to find where someone had scaled this thing prior to trying a first pep. It's not that I'm lazy, well maybe a bit, but this pep looks pretty complex... trial and error could sink a load of time I could otherwise be finishing it. So I thought I would ask first.

Anyway, I apologize if I've missed it on one of the threads or searches, if someone could point me to them I'd be very appreciative. Otherwise, has anyone near 72" (I'm just over 71") scaled this helmet before? If so, and if you were successful, would you mind sharing the scaling you used? I prefer width, depth, or height but scaling factor will work also.

Thanks!

EDIT: I should have left the "Issues" off the title I suppose, but you all get the idea.

I've been trial and erroring a Carter Helmet and I've found that i had to size it up from my Mk VI. The only thing that really saves my patient in that I have a Craftrobo doing the cutting.

So my next pep will be the Carter helmet with attachment from Ruze789. I've scoured over the forum and Google trying to find where someone had scaled this thing prior to trying a first pep. It's not that I'm lazy, well maybe a bit, but this pep looks pretty complex... trial and error could sink a load of time I could otherwise be finishing it. So I thought I would ask first.

Anyway, I apologize if I've missed it on one of the threads or searches, if someone could point me to them I'd be very appreciative. Otherwise, has anyone near 72" (I'm just over 71") scaled this helmet before? If so, and if you were successful, would you mind sharing the scaling you used? I prefer width, depth, or height but scaling factor will work also.

Thanks!

EDIT: I should have left the "Issues" off the title I suppose, but you all get the idea.

That's a good idea, didn't even think of it. I have a Mark VI, can use it as a reference point. Does anyone know if the Ruze789 version is the most up-to-date? It seems to be a little to narrow and not exact in some parts.

The problem with Carter's Helmet is it was really designed to be snug fitting. This becomes a problem when the neck opening isn't flexible and can't expand to fit your head into it. I can suggest a few options that may help keep it scaled correctly, all the while comfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back