My Kat Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSpartain7

Jr Member
Hello 405thers! :)
So I'm currently working on pepping Kat's armor, I have both knees, hand-plates, two shoulders, and one bicep done, I'm also almost done with my belt/cod. The next step is to work on the chest and helmet, then finish the rest of the armor of course.

Unfortunately I'm a little shorter than the actual Kat lol. :rolleyes

Here are a few photos of what I have done so far. Any tips and suggestions would be awesome, thanks guys!

009.jpg

0101.jpg

010.jpg

001.jpg

055.jpg

Sorry I done have a picture of both the shoulders

I'll be posting updates on everything, just go to the more recent reply's of course.

Update!

Just finished my Belt/cod but its a little too small :p
This is what I have done so far. I'm pretty happy how everything is coming out.
I'm super excited about this build! :)

047.jpg

Everything is looking good to this point. Looks like your pep work is clean too.
You said your cod may be too small. . . Did you try separating a seam and putting it on to make sure? You may not be able to slip it on, but if you open it up it may fit. If it is still a little small after you do that, you may be able to get away with just cutting it and adding a couple pieces of card stock on each side of the little part on the sides to get the extra size you need instead of rebuilding the whole thing.

Hope it works out for you. I know it can be frustrating to have to rebuild something, but keep up the good work.

Great job so far, really clean pep work. Can't wait for more progress! But I'm curious, what glue did you use?

Everything is looking good to this point. Looks like your pep work is clean too.
You said your cod may be too small. . . Did you try separating a seam and putting it on to make sure? You may not be able to slip it on, but if you open it up it may fit. If it is still a little small after you do that, you may be able to get away with just cutting it and adding a couple pieces of card stock on each side of the little part on the sides to get the extra size you need instead of rebuilding the whole thing.

Hope it works out for you. I know it can be frustrating to have to rebuild something, but keep up the good work.
Yeah I separated it, it was on like and inch too small, so I think I might add a little bit of card-stock to both sides.

Great job so far, really clean pep work. Can't wait for more progress! But I'm curious, what glue did you use?
Thank you! :)
I use hot-glue, Ive tried different kinds but hot-glue for me works really well for some reason.
Definitely helmet or chest next! You've got a lot of the little bits out of the way, it's time to go big!
Alrighty, chest it is then! I already started working on scaling it last-night.

So after a day and a half of scaling and sorting out the pieces for the Kat chest on pepakura designer, there is a total of 134 pages = O_O when I saw that I froze in Awe... Its going to take a very long time to cut it out.
What I'll probably do is cut out my pieces for the other parts of the armor, and then cut out the chest at the same time as I'm putting my other parts together, if that makes sense

I'm definitely going to make sure this is the right size, any suggestions on a good way to measure for the chest?

So after a day and a half of scaling and sorting out the pieces for the Kat chest on pepakura designer, there is a total of 134 pages = O_O when I saw that I froze in Awe... Its going to take a very long time to cut it out.

WOW! That's going to be a pain...And here I fear some of the files I make when they're around 25 - 20 pages..guess I should feel a bit luckier sometimes.. :$

Good luck with the build though, everything is looking great!

WOW! That's going to be a pain...And here I fear some of the files I make when they're around 25 - 20 pages..guess I should feel a bit luckier sometimes.. :$

Good luck with the build though, everything is looking great!

Hahaha, yeah.
Thank you ZOM8I3!! :) I'm working as hard as I can on everything

134 pages seems like a lot... My HD MkVI chest was 41 pages including the ab plate and all the supports.

Well its probably because
1. I kind of spread the pieces out a little.
2. the male and the female chests are different. lol
3. a couple blank pages are included in there... which doesn't make that big of a difference

But yeah, it still is kind of weird. Unless I made it too big

So this is the chest I have, and on the right is what I have organized. ( the 134 pages) everything is just kind of stuck in different pages. :p

0021.jpg

Haha, did you take a picture of your screen and then post it instead of just taking a screenshot? :)

Also, that makes a lot more sense now that you've shown the layout, You could compress it a lot more, but not terribly necessary unless you're using super expensive paper. Did you use the measurement tool to get the measurements right?

Haha, did you take a picture of your screen and then post it instead of just taking a screenshot? :)

Also, that makes a lot more sense now that you've shown the layout, You could compress it a lot more, but not terribly necessary unless you're using super expensive paper. Did you use the measurement tool to get the measurements right?
Haha, yeah I just took a picture of the screen lol. :)
Measurement tool? do you mean the "Change scale" bar?

Ow!! My jaw hit the floor as soon as I saw that. But, don't worry most of these look like solid straight on pieces.
YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!

I forget where exactly the tool is, and I don't have pep open in front of me. I think it's under the 2d menu drop down, it's called something like 3D measurement... (my memory is terrible...) I remember the tool doesn't have a button shortcut, and it doesn't have its own icon in the toolbar...

Anyway, it lets you click on 2 different points on the model, and it will tell you the exact distance between those 2 points. So for example, you could click on the 2 shoulder points and you would see what the exact distance between those 2 points would be once the model was complete. It's really helpful for when you're scaling parts.

Ow!! My jaw hit the floor as soon as I saw that. But, don't worry most of these look like solid straight on pieces.
YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!
Thanks for the encouragement! :)

looks rather intimidating but I completely agree, you can pull through this! :)
Thanks ZOM8I3! :D

I forget where exactly the tool is, and I don't have pep open in front of me. I think it's under the 2d menu drop down, it's called something like 3D measurement... (my memory is terrible...) I remember the tool doesn't have a button shortcut, and it doesn't have its own icon in the toolbar...

Anyway, it lets you click on 2 different points on the model, and it will tell you the exact distance between those 2 points. So for example, you could click on the 2 shoulder points and you would see what the exact distance between those 2 points would be once the model was complete. It's really helpful for when you're scaling parts.

Okay I'll look for it. Thanks Rabbit!

LOLOL GOGO YOU WILL DO THIS !!!
i believe in u ! :D i wanna see a kat soon so gogo :D
Hahaha thanks PigBenis! :D

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement, it helps allot! :)
I CAN do this!

Just dont give up i know how hard it is . i made some parts even 4 times ( HD PARTS !!! ) and i still made it . trust me you will do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back