Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless ya's!

I haven't had a lot of time on the suit lately, but I got a bit of a chance today. Next week I have some late-shift work so I should get a few hours in.

The tricky part about getting into a rigid suit, is that certain parts of your body are wider than others. I've solved this by splitting the suit in two and welding in some tabs with nuts welded on the inside.

My number two fitter will dress me with a cordless impact driver and an ice-cream container full of bolts.

I'm not going to do much clean-up until I'm sure there's no more cutting and welding mods left.

06gCdzd.jpg

OSbm8WW.jpg

4ia8vLB.jpg

When you put fat wheels on a car, often you have to roll or flare the guards. Likewise, when I try to fit my fat ass into the Iron Man suit, I have to add some extra-flared guards around the hip-pods.......

Cardboard templates to be traced onto steel.

pliSdE7.jpg

It's been a while but I finally got some more time in the shed. This is the time-consuming part now that the suit is built, I have to cut it apart and put in joining/attachment points so I can get into the darned thing.

Also tweaked the reactor a bit and started to fit it into the chest armour.

Gz86X3x.jpg

Etycyv7.jpg

xNSf2HB.jpg

oT8AW77.jpg

UjTViof.jpg

JLYBVmS.jpg

Fiddly work.

Modifying the boots so they fit over my old army boots. Welded in a false heel to raise me off the ground another inch and a half then modified the top of the boot to be removable for ease of getting in and out.

Still got to trim the bolts protruding inside flush with the nut I've welded in there. Soon I can grind back all the welds, bog them up a bit smooth all the edges and paint them. Rubber soles will be glued on underneath to protect the hospital floors.

GqHVTFH.jpg

WsJCqQ2.jpg

this is one of those builds that every time it updates I just go through the whole thread again in aw. Great job!

Thanks man.

Here's a 30 second video of walking in the boots.

[YOUTUBE]CpZXw17b3o8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's sorted out and I can actually wear them, it's time to tweak the comfort before I clean them up and put the rubber soles under them.

I have to cut a couple of comfort lines where it pinches or rubs slightly.

u0C7pkw.jpg

gyBn3WB.jpg

Also started to build a housing inside the chest for the arc reactor.

eXkkeKc.jpg

This just keeps getting more and more and more and more and more and more and more AWESOME every time I see an update :)
LOVE IT!!!

I can't bow any further without becoming a circus contortionist. I've followed this build fora long time. Never disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back