Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the encouragement guys. It really does help keep motivation up when you know others are rooting for ya!

SB

Keep it up man. If I could say something inspiring I would. This is great.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Here it is folks! My Iron Man suit on TV on ABC One's 7:30 ACT report.

I did mention quite a few people, including the guys who wrote the pepakura files, modified them, folks who donated stuff etc.

I was interviewed, filmed and photographed for a couple of hours and gave credit to a lot of people, even going so far as to say I thought it was important that they were mentioned. However, the first edit was 8 minutes and had to be cut down to 4 minutes. They did a fantastic job but only so much can be kept off the cutting room floor.

Thanks so much to all involved in helping me get this done! I can't wait to get this into a kids hospital ward!

God bless ya all!

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-28/iron-man-in-canberra/5927124

That is amazing! It is so awesome to see you got this. I just hope it drives you a little more to do the build. Honestly you are making a great build and it is nice that we as a community just come together to help each other out.

Thanks guys. So exciting to see it on television. Hopefully the hospitals will see it and jump on the wagon train.

Today is my last day of a two and a half week break. I've had no access to a welder so I've been madly cutting and bending more parts ready for welding.

Today all I could do was grab the die-grinder and angle grinder and get some clean-up done on the existing welding.

Hopefully tomorrow after work I can get a bit more welding in.

AmrBA9d.jpg

AtNsupi.jpg

JwXjx0f.jpg

Suit looks battle-hardened already... and that backplate! Wow! It's like the control flaps would really move around on that thing!

Thanks mate. Some rain got in through a leak in my shed roof so the shoulder got splashed and rusted.

Got a lot of one leg welded up today after work.

dE9BsfR.jpg

ph0vE23.jpg

Awesome! it looks so great bagger. It looks amazing on ya. I bet you felt so proud just putting some of it on.

This is so awesome! I wish I had those skills! Keep it up, everyone is looking forward to seeing the fully flying finished prop!

Thanks folks. No, I won't be powder coating it. I'll be painting it.

Got most of the first leg done this arvo after work.

3x1vWck.jpg

yqqC597.jpg

ys4ej5j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back