Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless ya all gang!

I've been pretty busy but got a little bit done today.

Just started installing the electronics in the helmet. As you can see it has no problems competing with daylight.

zQ5F13j.jpg

NozFAKQ.jpg

kM7rJgC.jpg

What kind of camera's and video glasses are you using?

I'm making a helmet that I won't be able to see out of with the way I'm making it and I was trying to figure out a way to see out of it, I thought of trying the periscoped mirror idea you were trying earlier in this thread, but the video glasses sound like a much cooler idea

What kind of camera's and video glasses are you using?

I'm making a helmet that I won't be able to see out of with the way I'm making it and I was trying to figure out a way to see out of it, I thought of trying the periscoped mirror idea you were trying earlier in this thread, but the video glasses sound like a much cooler idea

Sorry mate, you are going to have to wait. I haven't bought any yet and I don't know the first thing about wiring it all up. I have friends who can help me, but I'm not ready yet.

Sorry mate, you are going to have to wait. I haven't bought any yet and I don't know the first thing about wiring it all up. I have friends who can help me, but I'm not ready yet.

Dang! Alright, thats cool, I can wait. I haven't made my helmet yet, so I'm not quite ready either, just trying to plan ahead I guess xD

Awesome build though, I've been watching it for a while and I can't wait to see the end result

Dang! Alright, thats cool, I can wait. I haven't made my helmet yet, so I'm not quite ready either, just trying to plan ahead I guess xD

Awesome build though, I've been watching it for a while and I can't wait to see the end result

Thanks.

It's not like you need more praise, I think it's pretty obvious that this is fantastic.
Nonetheless, this is incredible and I can't wait to see the end!

Thanks Nim. ^^^

Trying to find a way to join the shoulder bell so it's not a rigid join and came up with this. Using fencing u-nails welded to the inside to make hooks, then elastic straps that will pull the armour up snug, but still allow me to lift my arm and pivot it forward and back at the shoulder.

6jMgAgB.jpg

Modifying elastic straps into short lengths to correctly position the shoulder bell and still allow all degrees of motion.

gIJMUCY.jpg

Shoulder bell now attached.

zgSgNIM.jpg

Sandbagger, the metal build is looking amazing.
I'm so glad you were able to overcome your difficulties that you were having and that you have made it as far as we are seeing.

Superb work!

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have an assistant over the weekend to help me put on the suit and go for a little walk in it.

SB

If it's not too much to ask, you should definitely upload a short video of your walk to see this in action :D
Great work.

Thanks so much to Shane and Zoe for your assistance tonight in fitting the Iron Man suit and going for a little walk in it for the very first time complete!

Together we identified plenty of points in the suit that need modification to make movement smooth and to tie it all in together. My spring-suit underneath will be modified into an under-suit with layered foam armour to fill in the gaps. The steel neck has to be cut down a whole inch and replaced with hybrid material (foam) to allow me to turn my head. The legs need to be pulled up higher to correct location and improve knee movement.

I have to accept that there will be a fair bit of range-of-motion simply not possible, but just getting in it and moving around has made it really come alive for me!

It is way more comfortable than you would think. I was very relaxed in the suit and it is not heavy at all. I could literally spend hours in it.

Lots to go yet but tonight's full fit was a big part of making it all work!

I have a video shortly, but just waiting to see if I can rotate the stupid player footage.

6d68PNx.jpg

kqKWYkQ.jpg

CZ7eC8H.jpg

jEXCK59.jpg

D9jQsIy.jpg

NIHNgQE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back